Ls install time frame - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-14-2015, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Ls install time frame

For the ones who installed an LS using the Motech Kit. How long did it take you to completely finish the installation? I am trying to decide which route to take, self install or have Robbie install it. If problems occur while they are doing it they can chase them down and figure them out a whole lot easier than I can. Need as much information as possible to make my finale decision.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e with a diy kit from RpmExtreme, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 315/70R17 Milestar Patagonia MT , Vision Nemesis 111, 17X9 wheels

Last edited by 4wheels4life; 06-30-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-30-2015, 01:06 PM
Granite Guru

bump! Im curious also.

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #3 of 10 Old 06-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Granite Guru

I would say if you have EVERYTHING needed on hand and a full week to commit to it, it can be done in a week or less. However, parts go on back order, little things pop up, and you may decide to address/change other things while you're at it. I chose to have Motech install mine because I didn't want the frustration of hunting down gremlins or dealing with little things. That and I am local to them so if any issues arise I can swing by and talk to them.

It's been 6 months and 4500 miles now and I don't regret it a bit. You'll save some $$ doing it yourself, but for the amount of time I would have spent doing the install, I went and worked overtime instead and offset the cost. Either way my time was used and I did what I am professional at doing, to pay them for what THEY are at pros doing.

Either way the LS3 is a ton of fun to drive!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-30-2015, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepylit View Post
I would say if you have EVERYTHING needed on hand and a full week to commit to it, it can be done in a week or less. However, parts go on back order, little things pop up, and you may decide to address/change other things while you're at it. I chose to have Motech install mine because I didn't want the frustration of hunting down gremlins or dealing with little things. That and I am local to them so if any issues arise I can swing by and talk to them.

It's been 6 months and 4500 miles now and I don't regret it a bit. You'll save some $$ doing it yourself, but for the amount of time I would have spent doing the install, I went and worked overtime instead and offset the cost. Either way my time was used and I did what I am professional at doing, to pay them for what THEY are at pros doing.

Either way the LS3 is a ton of fun to drive!!
All this is were I am at on making the decision. No doubt it has to be fun to drive.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e with a diy kit from RpmExtreme, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 315/70R17 Milestar Patagonia MT , Vision Nemesis 111, 17X9 wheels
post #5 of 10 Old 06-30-2015, 09:16 PM
Rock God

I've seen it done in 2-4 days. For mine Robbie has had it 2 years and 1 month now

Texas Complete Truck Center
5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 06-30-2015, 09:37 PM
Granite Guru

One of the issues is that you have to send some stuff back to Robbie, like the harness and other things for him to modify them. So you have a built in lag time on those items. I think I had maybe 60-80 hours into it (probably more but who knows). I did spread that over about 3-4 months as I took a lot of vacation in the middle and didn't work on it for a while.

You need to talk to Robbie to see how quick he could get you a kit since he is pretty back logged from my understanding. Robbie is awesome on answering questions though.

07 JKU, 14 bolt rear/ Teraflex 60 front, Tera Long Arm, King Coilovers, 40" MT/R-Ks, Antirock etc. 430HP LS3 engine swap. Cage and 14 bolt swap thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 10 Old 06-30-2015, 10:57 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheels4life View Post
For the ones who installed an LS using the Motech Kit. How long did it take you to completely finish the installation? I am trying to decide which route to take, self install or have Robbie install it. If problems occur while they are doing it they can chase them down and figure them out a whole lot easier than I can. Need as much information as possible to make my finale decision.
I had Robbie install mine, for me it was diffently the way to go, he knows exactly what he is doing and like you said he can fix any problem that arrises. It does take a while to get it back because he has alot of projects going on but if you can give up your JK for a while it is so worth it to have it done right.

2010 rubicon. 3.5 rk lift. 37,s. 6.2 Ls3.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-30-2015, 11:14 PM
Rock God

Once his gen 3 kit hits the market the install time for DIY would be far less. Also it depends how modified your jeep is.

A stock jeep takes an average of 2 weeks drive in drive out.
post #9 of 10 Old 07-01-2015, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yeah I have heard about the Gen3 kits, supposed to be a much easier and cleaner install. Saying should be ready late summer? Is that right? Bluewave, yours is an animal all its own. It is going, looking like a beast, been following it since you started with it.

post #10 of 10 Old 07-03-2015, 02:13 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheels4life View Post
Paul, Give me a call. You have other options

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode