Hemi rear mount help required - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-14-2015, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Hemi rear mount help required

Hey guys, as some of you are aware, I'm getting my Hemi conversion organized and have struck a stumbling block. The issue I'm facing is the rear trans mount. My Rubi is a 6 speed manual so as I'm changing it out to an auto, the drama is having the correct mount.

I purchased my automatic transmission components from a damaged 08 and old mate that sold me the items was most accommodating in supplying all parts including the rear mount but as I didn't require a transmission at the time ( and not wishing to remove said trans) was more than happy to remove the mount when the trans was sold and put it aside for a later collection.

I finally got around to picking up the mount but as I didn't stipulate that the entire mount is required, I have only the insulator component.

Now to you guys, should I bite the bullet and purchase a complete mount( PN 52059945AB), or can I get the steel pieces separately? Is there another work around? Can I mod my 6 speed mount?

Need a bit of guidance here fellas as I've seen a couple of dudes tripped up with this drama.
Rod.

Last edited by Rodjk; 06-14-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-14-2015, 09:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I just went and climbed under my '10 auto, and it sure looks like you could make that other part pretty easy. In short it's just a piece of flat bar with the ends bent a bit. Add a couple simple gussets, drill a couple holes and you'd be good to go. Unless you can get that part for less than 20 bucks, I wouldn't even worry about it and make my own.

I don't know what the 6spd mount looks like, but as you probably know, they like to use as many of the same parts wherever they can.

Kevin
post #3 of 4 Old 06-15-2015, 03:23 AM
Wheeler

I just went through this, you will need the metal forming for an Jeep JK automatic. I have the part number but cant get to it right now. YOU MUST have this part or the trans will be in the wrong location
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-15-2015, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Hey Kevin, thanks for having a gander at the mount for me.
Due to my kit having to be assessed by an engineer for the registration authority, the more factory components I use, the better. I do like the idea of ghetto fabbing some thing up, but I'm thinking I'll have enough on my plate. Thanks once again mate.

Pete, thanks for chiming in, I'll bite the bullet and grab a 520599AB and run with that. Cheers mate.

I found this vid posted by Todd that describes the difference between the two.

Last edited by Rodjk; 06-15-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode