RK 3.5 lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-13-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

RK 3.5 lift

I just purchased my 1st Wrangler 2104 unlimited Oscar Mike. I have been doing lots research and decided to go with the RK 3.5 X-factor. I will be running 35's at 1st. Down the road 37's after I have done gears and shafts. I believe I will need to get exhaust spacer or Y-pipe, bump stops and shocks. Is there anything else I will need to get rolling?

I have read many post here and I'm very impressed with all the knowledgeable replies.

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by 2014 Unlimited Miami; 06-13-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Rock God

skip the exhaust spacers and just get a new driveshaft.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-13-2015, 08:50 PM
JKO Addict!

If you are not going to wheel it then you will be fine without spacers or new driveshafts.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-14-2015, 01:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Vendors like River city off-road put together lift packages for you. Shocks, bump stops, etc.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #5 of 10 Old 06-15-2015, 09:04 AM
JKowners Vendor

There are some good vendors that help a lot for sure. Welcome to the RK family.

Dirtman is right, if you are not going to go off-road you do not have to do anything. Otherwise, we just did a few of the Magnaflow loop delete kits and they worked really well...

RK
post #6 of 10 Old 06-15-2015, 09:14 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

As others have said, you have a couple of options with the exhaust/driveshaft situation. On my 12 JKU I had a local muffler shop move the cross over pipe down and back a bit ($100) and it still has the stock driveshafts in it to this day on 37s and a 3.5" X-Factor.

If you have any questions I'm happy to help and we have some fantastic pricing on what you're looking for under our Package Deals section online.

Thanks for the mention KJeeper!

Marcus

post #7 of 10 Old 06-15-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yes, thanks KJeeper!! River City has the best prices I have seen.

I will not need a lot of articulation just want to have in case I go up North. I will be wheelin in the Everglades and its mostly flat.

Thanks all!!

Last edited by 2014 Unlimited Miami; 06-15-2015 at 01:26 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-16-2015, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

One more question the wheels I plan on putting on has a 5" backspacing is that enough or will I need wheel spacers? Thanks!!!
post #9 of 10 Old 06-16-2015, 12:50 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014 Unlimited Miami View Post
One more question the wheels I plan on putting on has a 5" backspacing is that enough or will I need wheel spacers? Thanks!!!
Do yourself a favor and find a wheel with 4.5" or LESS back spacing. You don't want to be rubbing when you turn.

post #10 of 10 Old 06-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Wheeler

If you don't plan on off roading Just do springs, do good spacers to get the minimum back spacing needed. You won't even need to do bump stops. Can go with just about any shock too. I sold my stock rim/tires on eBay to help cover the cost of the new rims/tires and went with 15/8 steel rims with 3.75 backspacing. can upgrade later for 37's but did not have the money as i just put on the same lift. Went with the RK remote reservoir shocks to go with it. waiting to get gears/truss done and will finally be able to take it off road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode