Ls swap can bus help. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-13-2015, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ls swap can bus help.

Ok if anybody has any can-bus system experience it would be greatly appreciated!
I did a ls 5.3 swap. And I have two problems. I did everything text book except for one mishap. I miss wired my crank sensor and it took me two days to figure it out. I feel stupid but I figured it out with help from Motech and John from Overland Preformance. After they helped me get it running I took it out for the first time and I had no speedo. I've checked everything with no luck. Then the second time I went out I lost my fuel gauge. WTF!!

Now for the tec that I do know. When I was having the tac signal problem I swapped in another jk pcm and only cranked it once with no luck.
I have a very good scanner so I pulled all the codes and looked at all the important data. I have a valid fuel gauge signal and I added fuel while I watched the scanner and it adjusted correctly.
I also took a drive and watched my four wheel speed sensors work as they should. So I have no sensor problems and no problems with my c300 connector that I inspected very well.

Now here is the list of codes I have.
U1414
U140E
B2206
B222C
B2204
These codes will not clear with a scanner or a 5 time key turn.
I'm sure it's a can bus problem I did do some continuity checks on the can bus line with no problem found. Also this ls swap was done completely by me all fab and electrical. I have 20 years experience and I don't cut corners.My only crutch is that I've been working on classic cars for the past 6 years so I'm out of practice with can bus tec!
Anybody that can help me I will do what I can to repay the favor. Anybody in central Florida?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-15-2015, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Nobody at all knows anything? Your kidding me right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode