JKU knowledge - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-07-2015, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

JKU knowledge

Hi,
New to the forum. Just bought a 2015 JKU std, 3.73
Looking to improve ground clearance with new rims and tires, hoping not to have to do a suspension lift, as I like the ride. Only basic/mild off reading with family of four. Still would like good highway manners. So here are the questions:

Can I run Bfg all terrain 34x10.5x17 on stock rubicon rims and still use full suspension travel? Would I need wheel spacers or trim fenders? Would this tire fit the spare carrier? Tire measure 33.5", am I asking for trouble with the 3.73's.

I would also consider sway bar disconnects to improve flex. Any other mods to improve stock suspension?

Have my eyes on a cold air intake and exhaust. Should I buy from same mfg? Any noticeable improvements? Was thinking mopar or afe but really want a good sounding exhaust.

Think I need a programmer to for the wheels. Is one better than the other?
I appreciate the feedback. I have been searching and reading posts but so much info to sort through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-08-2015, 05:21 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jken View Post
Hi,
New to the forum. Just bought a 2015 JKU std, 3.73
Looking to improve ground clearance with new rims and tires, hoping not to have to do a suspension lift, as I like the ride. Only basic/mild off reading with family of four. Still would like good highway manners. So here are the questions:

Can I run Bfg all terrain 34x10.5x17 on stock rubicon rims and still use full suspension travel? Would I need wheel spacers or trim fenders? Would this tire fit the spare carrier? Tire measure 33.5", am I asking for trouble with the 3.73's.

I would also consider sway bar disconnects to improve flex. Any other mods to improve stock suspension?

Have my eyes on a cold air intake and exhaust. Should I buy from same mfg? Any noticeable improvements? Was thinking mopar or afe but really want a good sounding exhaust.

Think I need a programmer to for the wheels. Is one better than the other?
I appreciate the feedback. I have been searching and reading posts but so much info to sort through.
Welcome to the forum. Yes you can run those tires on your stock rims. You should have enough clearance with trimmed stock fenders, but I'm not positive. You will have to try and see, I've never seen anyone run that combo. I would run a good hub centric wheel spacer. I ran spider trax for a little over a year with no problems.

I would skip the intake. Not enough gains for the money and chance of water intrusion. I would only do an exhaust to relocate the muffler out of the way and higher. many people have the mounted them in the void under the drivers seat.

I have a Superchips programmer ant it seems to give more power with the high octane tune, but I have the 3.8 and not the 3.6, so your results might be different.

If you want to keep the stock ride you might be able to get a little lift by swapping in a longer set of oem springs. Jeep uses different length springs for different JK setups. You will need to know what springs you have to know if there are longer than yours available. There are quite a few threads on the subject, do a search.

Good luck and have fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode