Ebay rear shock extensions - anybody use? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-05-2015, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ebay rear shock extensions - anybody use?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Shock-E...633480&vxp=mtr

Anyone used those? I can get more downtravel out of my rear as they aren't the correct length for my coils/bumps and thought this would be a cheap fix.

Anyone ever use these? Any downsides? Seems like a cheap fix to pick up a couple inches of downtravel - currently my bumps prevent my shocks from full compression, with these it should be perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

these

ge what ya pay for....3 settings from, like 0.28 , 1.09 and 1.89? those are highly likely off by a few 10th of an inch but you can check; trust your life to ebay repro's of rubicon express shock extender brackets and, well, you like youself /family/friends better than that, right?
no disrespect, just my thoughts on it....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Granite Guru

They were so cheap I ordered some to check out and they seem to be descent quality. If you did 2in spacers these would be perfect with the oem shocks. My wives 4dr daily drivers bilstein 5100s are leaking like crazy so Im going to use these and the factory Rubi shocks for a temporary fix, until I but new shocks for my 2dr trail rig then Ill put those fox res shocks on the wives 4dr daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangbuster View Post
They were so cheap I ordered some to check out and they seem to be descent quality. If you did 2in spacers these would be perfect with the oem shocks. My wives 4dr daily drivers bilstein 5100s are leaking like crazy so Im going to use these and the factory Rubi shocks for a temporary fix, until I but new shocks for my 2dr trail rig then Ill put those fox res shocks on the wives 4dr daily driver.
The real story here Is I am working a plan to get coilsovers for the 2dr, this is stage 1 of the "convince/trick the wife" process.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-06-2015, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
these

ge what ya pay for....3 settings from, like 0.28 , 1.09 and 1.89? those are highly likely off by a few 10th of an inch but you can check; trust your life to ebay repro's of rubicon express shock extender brackets and, well, you like youself /family/friends better than that, right?
no disrespect, just my thoughts on it....
No disrespect taken, but since you can drive on the highway without a shock, or even two, I wouldn't say this is that critical of a part....I have ridden in them without shocks so I know first hand.

I like that synergy part you linked, but I have kilby LCA skids on there which I'm not sure would work with those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode