Backspacing Measurement - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-01-2015, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Backspacing Measurement

Going to run some beat up 36's for the summer and am trying to figure out if I will need spacers. Attached below is a link to the wheel I am mounting on the 36" super swampers. Trying to avoid rubbing (fenders are already trimmed, pinch seam will also be) I have no lift in. Do you think that these will need to be accompanied by some spacers?

http://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-6x5-5-Of...x5+17%22+black

2007 4DR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-01-2015, 12:31 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorwrangler View Post
Going to run some beat up 36's for the summer and am trying to figure out if I will need spacers. Attached below is a link to the wheel I am mounting on the 36" super swampers. Trying to avoid rubbing (fenders are already trimmed, pinch seam will also be) I have no lift in. Do you think that these will need to be accompanied by some spacers?

http://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-6x5-5-Of...x5+17%22+black
-12 = 4.5" of back spacing on a 9" wheel.

You need 5 on 5 bolt pattern if it is a JK with stock axles.

Without any lift you'll probably still need wheel spacers, but try it and see.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 06-01-2015, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Was hoping nobody would notice the bolt pattern because I couldn't find the 5x5 on amazon but I got the 5x5 pattern thank you, nothing gets past RCO eh? Thank you for the input I'll start spacer shopping, what is the smallest you would recommend? Trying to make sure I don't put too much stress on whatever starts breaking when you put on big tires and move them out wider

2007 4DR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-01-2015, 03:20 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorwrangler View Post
Was hoping nobody would notice the bolt pattern because I couldn't find the 5x5 on amazon but I got the 5x5 pattern thank you, nothing gets past RCO eh? Thank you for the input I'll start spacer shopping, what is the smallest you would recommend? Trying to make sure I don't put too much stress on whatever starts breaking when you put on big tires and move them out wider
Ha ha! Just wanted to make sure you knew.

I'd do a 1.5" spacer from Spidertrax. They are the most common and have the best track record.

Marcus

post #5 of 6 Old 06-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post

I'd do a 1.5" spacer from Spidertrax. They are the most common and have the best track record.

Marcus
X2. Any thinner and you'll have issues with the factory lug studs sticking through the spacer. Then you'll have to trim the pilot off the studs if you want the wheels to mount up. (Ask me how I know.)

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #6 of 6 Old 06-01-2015, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post

Thank you again, I'll pick a set up

Marcus
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimiDozer View Post
X2. Any thinner and you'll have issues with the factory lug studs sticking through the spacer. Then you'll have to trim the pilot off the studs if you want the wheels to mount up. (Ask me how I know.)
Not sure I understand, the lug nuts can't be to long with spacers installed? I plan on running these until I get the spacers, shouldn't be an issue besides some rubbing on tight turns right.

2007 4DR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode