my build ideas,your thoughts.. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-30-2015, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

my build ideas,your thoughts..

so these are my ideas on my build ...the goal is mild off road use ( i'm in florida ), and a DD/mall cruiser (for my wife when i'm gone ) on 37's w/factory rims & spacers

1~ 4" rough country lift kit
2~ 1" or 2" body lift
3~ rugged ridge hurricane flat fender flares
4~ 12,000 lb winch ( bad lands )
5~ rear bumper w/spare carrier
6~ twin mount 50" light bar set up

i have installed a front bumper ~ barricade trail force HD w/led lights

i know that this is over kill on all levels but it is for the "wow look at me" for cruise ins or the occasional car shows also..
please be kind ....

'15 hydro blue JKU...tinted windows,3.5 RC lift,1.25 BL,37" DC fun country's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-30-2015, 06:21 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0gisdad View Post
so these are my ideas on my build ...the goal is mild off road use ( i'm in florida ), and a DD/mall cruiser (for my wife when i'm gone ) on 37's w/factory rims & spacers

2~ 1" or 2" body lift

i know that this is over kill on all levels but it is for the "wow look at me" for cruise ins or the occasional car shows also..
please be kind ....
5" of lift on 37s is ridiculous. Especially with flat fenders. Let go of the body lift idea, do the flat fenders, and this kit. If you are going to lift it, do it right with the correct geometry. There will be plenty of lift with the rear bumper/tire carrier as RK specs their spring rates for a loaded trail rig. 10% off and free shipping with coupon code RK10_OFF at checkout. Don't forget the 3" bump stops for another $138.00 (less 10% of course).

You can PM me to order. Also, you should consider a drag link flip at 3.5" and higher, and a re-gear to match the bigger tires ( I can do 4.56-5.13s for $569.00 shipped with mini kits - PM for national brand name). Don't forget the exhaust spacer kit, spring retainer clips, and possibly a new driveshaft for the rear. Though with the JKU, you might get away with it.

Allen's Offroad - 530-620-1100
Email me at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FREE SHIPPING on orders of $99.99 or more.

post #3 of 19 Old 05-30-2015, 08:43 PM
Granite Guru

Lol, the OP is looking at a $500 lift, plus $100ish for a body lift, and the reply is to tell him to buy a $2600 lift instead? But there is a code for 10% off, so I guess that evens it out some...

I agree that 37's aren't big enough for 6" of lift plus flat fenders, though. But if that's the look you like, go for it.

If you want the cheapest lift on the market, go for that, also. But you might spend a few minutes doing a little reading on Cam Bolts and Drop Pitmans so you know what you will be getting.

Most wheel spacers are around 1.50". You can find some 2" if you look around (maybe wider? don't know). Stock rims are somewhere around 6.25" backspace. Minus that 1.5 - 2", gives an effective backspace of 4.75 to 4.25". Don't count on that being low enough for 37's. (3.5" backspace seems to be a common recommendation for 37's). So while you are looking up cam bolts and drop pitmans, you might also look up how to add washers to the steer stops to limit the turning radius.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 07:08 AM
JKowners Vendor

I thought it funny too, that the OP did not put a link to the kit he was looking at. Perspective.

Email me at:

post #5 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 07:14 AM
JKO Addict!

2.5" suspension is more than enough for a DD on 37's.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #6 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 08:10 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
2.5" suspension is more than enough for a DD on 37's.
True, however, the WOW factor is the issue.

Maybe he should do this one, yes.

Email me at:

post #7 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 09:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCJ7 View Post
True, however, the WOW factor is the issue.

Maybe he should do this one, yes.

Ha !!! That'll work

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #8 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

http://s7d4.scene7.com/s7viewers//dh...ges/spacer.gif

post #9 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJK View Post
Lol, the OP is looking at a $500 lift, plus $100ish for a body lift, and the reply is to tell him to buy a $2600 lift instead? But there is a code for 10% off, so I guess that evens it out some...

I agree that 37's aren't big enough for 6" of lift plus flat fenders, though. But if that's the look you like, go for it.

If you want the cheapest lift on the market, go for that, also. But you might spend a few minutes doing a little reading on Cam Bolts and Drop Pitmans so you know what you will be getting.

Most wheel spacers are around 1.50". You can find some 2" if you look around (maybe wider? don't know). Stock rims are somewhere around 6.25" backspace. Minus that 1.5 - 2", gives an effective backspace of 4.75 to 4.25". Don't count on that being low enough for 37's. (3.5" backspace seems to be a common recommendation for 37's). So while you are looking up cam bolts and drop pitmans, you might also look up how to add washers to the steer stops to limit the turning radius.
i can't get the pic or link to work..i have a friend who put this lift on a '14 jk and runs 35's..it's a 500.00 lift with shocks,springs brackets,cam bolts,pitman arm,brake line brackets,links...it's gotten good reveiws..but while looking at that he doesn't have enough lift to put 37's on it..hence the body lift ..thanks for your responses every one ..

post #10 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 12:47 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
i can't get the pic or link to work..i have a friend who put this lift on a '14 jk and runs 35's..it's a 500.00 lift with shocks,springs brackets,cam bolts,pitman arm,brake line brackets,links...it's gotten good reveiws..but while looking at that he doesn't have enough lift to put 37's on it..hence the body lift ..thanks for your responses every one ..
I am baffled by the 500 for shocks, springs, links, brake lines on a 30k plus newer vehicle.

I could fit 37's with my 2.5 lift as my rig sits now.

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #11 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 12:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

2~ 1" or 2" body lift

please be kind ....
Bad from top to bottom.

Improvements:
3.5" AEV SC lift
No body lift whatsoever
Bushwhacker flat fender flares
Smittbilt X20 Comp 8000 lb winch
Rear bumper - okay, only decent thing
1 50" light bar, maybe a 10" on the front bumper

Also, 37's on stock wheels and spacers is not ideal, try to buy aftermarket wheels that are 8.5"-9" wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #12 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 07:14 PM

Lifting your jeep without any castor correction will cause the steering to wander and want to follow grooves ,etc in the pavement,at highway speeds. The more lift, the more you'll need castor correction. I would recommend no more than 2.5-3". Anything over that, then plan on installing control arms or an AEV type of drop down mount for the control arms.
post #13 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 07:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

2~ 1" or 2" body lift

please be kind ....

No.

ďIt isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.Ē― Ronald Reagan
post #14 of 19 Old 05-31-2015, 09:28 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCJ7 View Post
buy my crap
Kind of sleazy to be pimping your site...minus 10% of course.

OP - for some perspective since you're going for the wow factor - the poeple that actually know what the parts are will be wow'd for the wrong reason.
post #15 of 19 Old 06-01-2015, 07:33 AM
JKowners Vendor

If you want to talk about your build feel free to give us a shout. We are here to help.

RK
post #16 of 19 Old 07-14-2015, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

well thanks all..i got it up on 37's but with a different lift .all is good no wonder,steers straight w/no hands on wheel..

post #17 of 19 Old 07-14-2015, 09:17 PM
Rock God

I still say airock system if you want the "wow" factor or you could buy my jeep for a discounted price of 160k. And really have the wow that hour after.

Texas Complete Truck Center
5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

post #18 of 19 Old 07-15-2015, 05:55 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave View Post
I still say airock system if you want the "wow" factor or you could buy my jeep for a discounted price of 160k. And really have the wow that hour after.

The WOW factor would be seeing someone actually driving your Jeep !

I think the wow factor on that build wore off in 14...

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #19 of 19 Old 07-15-2015, 02:43 PM
Rock God

Quote:

yes thats fine
2~ 1" or 2" body lift
with a 4" lift you dont even need a body lift. and if you really do it, 1" at most
i dont even know what these are
i dont know anything about winhes
you are going to need it with 37's anyway.
dear god, please dont

please be kind ....
just my thoughts

MISHIMOTO IS JUNK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode