I am having a very hard time deciding on which skids I want to go with. I am looking at the JCR and the RockHard4x4 skids. Right now I'm looking at just the engine/oil skid (including exhaust loop skid if I go with the JCR).
I know there are other systems out there, but these are the two I am looking at. A couple of things I have considered when looking at these two units.
1. The JCR offers the exhaust loop skids and RH4x4 does not. RH4x4 says they don't due to heat concerns. Thoughts?
2. The RH4x4 has the dome washers to help protect the bolt heads and JCR has exposed bolt heads. Don't know that that is a very big deal or not. Is it?
3. Could order the dome washers from RH4x4 and use them with the JCR. Any thought son this?
4. JCR has an opening for access to the oil drain plug. RH4x4 has a cover that can be removed, so you have a full plate without an opening. Thoughts on this...matter...doesn't matter?
5. RH4x4 comes with a shim plate and offers another one for an additional costs to help with installation in cases where the exhaust cross over pipe hangs lower. For example, when you have exhaust spacers installed. As far as I know, JCR does not and may have to use washers. Thoughts?
Again, these are the two I have narrowed it down to so I am just looking for comments, thoughts, opinions, reviews, etc. on these two manu. skids. Thanks.