Limb Risers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-28-2015, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Limb Risers

Any thoughts on limb risers...good...bad..etc.?

Anyone have them and they not make noise when going down the interstate?

Which ones do you have or recommend?

Do they make that big of difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Rock God

No one really runs them out here in the South West but Im sure they might be nice in places where the vegetation is thicker.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Granite Guru

Made my own, they work great. Ran them from the hood latches to the top of my rack. No noise on the interstate. Made them for under 10 bucks with stuff I had laying around.

08 Rubicon 2DR Red Rock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-28-2015, 04:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

I run the river raider ones. They work pretty good. I didn't drill the holes in the top of the frame, I just used my windshield light bar instead. People ask about it all the time, which can get pretty annoying, and it takes some getting used to seeing them out front, but it doesn't make any noticeable noise going down the road. I cannot say the same for my LED bar....

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #5 of 7 Old 05-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Granite Guru

Made my own as well for next to nothing and no noise even at highway speeds. The lower mount under the hood latch is made from sway bar disconnect parts from a rough country kit. It's the part that mounts to the frame that u attach to when u disconnect. The upper part I made from flat sheet steel and had a local machine shop bend in a press brake to get a nice clean fold, they did this for free cause it was such a small job. This is attached to the windshield frame with rivets, it's very similar to what river raider offers but way cheaper. I also get asked about it all the time but I don't mind. Once people realize what they're for they dig em. And yes, they are very useful where I live. Most people run side by sides here and the trails get pretty narrow. I can get pictures later if anyone wants to see em.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-28-2015, 11:41 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruman View Post
I cannot say the same for my LED bar....
No doubt! Sounds like I'm in a hurricane every time I drive it. Good to know the limb risers don't make any noise though. I've been considering them myself.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #7 of 7 Old 05-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Rock God

I honestly think they are great to hang wet clothes but that is pretty much it I guess they are probably ok on a more expedition type rig, or depend of the trail you are planning to go.

Personally, I have not been in many trails that had thin and pliable thin trees, so the likelihood of damaging the hood are higher if I go through local heavier trees in proximity (i.e. Hollister, Fordyce, Rubi, Slickrock, etc).

They could probably work ok if the bottom attachment point is on a front bumper hoop that goes beyond the edge of the hood. I think for the local trails here, attaching to the hood latch mount will rip or dent your damage your hood edge.

i.e. on this FJ:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode