Diablo Sport - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-27-2015, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Diablo Sport

I have always had good luck with DS tuners. However, I wanted to run it by you guys before I went out and and started looking for one. Is Diablo Sport the best choice for these Jeeps like it is Challengers and Chargers?

Also, is it a good idea with these little V6's to get a colder t-stat and change fan settings like with the HEMI? (I have very little knowledge or experience with a V6.)

2010 Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4dr. (Working on mods now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-28-2015, 02:07 AM
JKO Addict!

I have one and am no longer so enthusiastic about it as I was when I first got it.

I do like the extended fuel and ignition maps that take advantage of the higher octane fuel and also like that with the Jeep 3.6, it unlocks some additional HP that is already on the table with the other 3.6 implementations. I think it is a change to the bits that control variable intake manifold..??

What I don't like is that when I first purchase it, I had to keep my AEV procal to tweak the gear ratios. The first version(s) of the dcx gas chrom with Jeep support didn't cover the 5.13 gear ratio. I think auto trans guys have had some challenges.

The current challenge is TPMS hell. I updated to the crom file back in December and it wedged the TPMS. You can't down rev to the previous version and Diablo has had this issue since December. No fix yet. What happens is that once you twiddle one of the TPMS settings, it hangs the software up and then you cant adjust anything or even uninstall the tune and go back to stock without calling diablo sport and having them walk you through a process.

I think I sold my procal way to soon. Much simpler and more reliable device. I think the trick is to use the Diablosport for the tune and something else for the options.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-28-2015, 04:11 AM
Rock God

Fuck diablo sport in the goat ass...

They have screwed up the intune repeatedly. I chalk it up to a lack of testing. Lockers not working, gear ratio not working, tpms light off not working, etc. Every new release brings new features and breaks some. It really is sad because their product had potential. While I don't have any of their other tuners (like the trinity), I would not buy one based on their execution of the intune product on the JK.

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-28-2015, 07:59 AM
JKO Addict!

They are horrible:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166729

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 Old 05-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Wheeler

I'm required to run the diablosport intune to apply the tuning for the RIPP sc. However, It was recommended to me to keep my AEV procal to program all of my other settings (gear ratios/tire size/etc), as it does a "cleaner" job.

2012 JKU - 37" MTRs, RIPP Supercharger, ProRock44, 4.88s, ARB lockers F/R, RCVs, Reid knuckles, Poly'd steering, armor/skids, bunch of other stuff.
post #6 of 15 Old 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM
JKO Addict!

I have my eye on the edelbrock blower, which uses the SCT x4. Not sure if it is any better or worse.
post #7 of 15 Old 05-28-2015, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question much to think about

About all I am going to do for mods is change the tire side and add a CAI to the vehicle. Its a 2010 so I am guessing I would not have to do a update on whatever comes out of the box if the tuner was made after 2011 or 2012.

I had a U7135 that I used on my Charger R/T. Never an issue and worked perfectly.

Got a Challenger R/T as a toy for the wife and did a bunch of bolt on mods like a cam, ect. All I could get for it was the intune. I tried to update the device and it locked up the device and my computer. Support at Diablo said it was my computer so I get a new laptop. Tried to update it and.... device locked up. After waiting and praying the intune did start up so i stuck a tune in the Challenger and it works with no issues. But trying to do a update or anything with a computer is a no-go.

I have read a few threads on here and they do not paint a good picture. It is a real shame. Diablo was always a good company with outstanding support. They even wrote me a new tune once free of charge so I would not be all over the road in winter. That was then and this is now. Apparently the company I once knew no longer exist.

So where should I go for a tuner for a little more HP using 91oct fuel and to adjust my tire size? Should I just try and get a used intune (I am cheap) from one of you less than satisfied customers? Or is there another company I should go to? Is SCT an option?

post #8 of 15 Old 05-29-2015, 08:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJ View Post
Is SCT an option?
SCT recently merged with Bullydog. Bullydog had the JK tuning cracked but I dont have any experience with them. SCT in the custom tuning world has a pretty good reputation so I am somewhat curious to see what happens from this new partnership but its so new that there really isnt much experience out there yet to get feedback from.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 Old 05-29-2015, 09:43 AM
JKO Addict!

The problem with the SCT or at least the Edelbrock supplied version is that Edelbrock said they don't do anything with the TPMS system or sway bar disco. Other than the tune, apparently you can only change gear ratio and tire size. They won't even say if you can use both the SCT and a procal altogether.

Last edited by White13JKUR; 05-29-2015 at 08:49 PM.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-29-2015, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

crap

I only want the CAI tune and change my tire size. Looking at the SCT site, the devices come with no tunes. I did not want to dyno tune a jeep with no mods. ;-(
I am stuck with Diablo Sport I guess.

post #11 of 15 Old 06-03-2015, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

found this.

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=4

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=4

Thoughts? Anyone have one?

post #12 of 15 Old 06-03-2015, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Even better!

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=499

This one will do even more and cost less.

post #13 of 15 Old 06-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Granite Guru

I'll go against the norm and say that I liked the DiabloSport InTune, and never had any problems with the initial update or loading the tunes or functions. I actually felt the small performance boost with it. The only negative to it was not being able to disable the tpms.

Had a Superchips Flashpaq before the diablo, and was very much less than impressed with it. Never felt anything from any of the tunes, and the speedo was never close to accurate, regardless of how much I messed with tire size inputs. (used a procal to calibrate instead.)

(My jk is an '08, so that may be one reason that I had good luck with the diablo and many people with newer years are not.)

Lost the procal, so recently bought a superchips flashcal to re-disable the tpms. Nothing but problems with the thing, and piss-poor service from the 'techs'. Superchips is just a big joke on the consumer as far as I am concerned...

Last edited by GreenJK; 06-03-2015 at 07:14 PM.
post #14 of 15 Old 06-04-2015, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well mine is a 2010 and so far my TPMS is still good.
I will just try for a used Intune from someone that hates theirs.

post #15 of 15 Old 06-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

i have a Trinity. only issue i ever had... it decided to quit communicating. would not connect to computer software or my jeep.

i contacted DS. i had to fill out the typical return stuff and supply my credit card info... but they did not charge me. tuner was repaired free of charge aside from me shipping it. they may have charged me return shipping... but i dont even remember.

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode