JK Speedo Calibration is now available - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 10-04-2007, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

JK Speedo Calibration is now available

Hi all,
I just ordered the Accu Pro Jk speedo recalibrator. It's 200.00 shipped to me and will also read OBDII codes. I will let you know how it works out, I hope to have it next week if it's not on backorder. Finally I can get an accurate mpg reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Is this really making a correction to the computer or just adjusting the dash readouts?
post #3 of 30 Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Honestly I don't know yet. But I can tell you from a write of an unnamed source. You physically input tire size and gear ratio and flash through the Can (OBDII) port. When I was a Saleen we ran the flash on the ecu and it effected all other systems it appears this one does the same. They claim in there add that it will adjust the shift points for automatic transmissions. So with that I have to assume its an ECU flash. The ability is there with the CAN system, The only reason I suspect the Dealer won't do it is the warrenty.

My thought process is, if the dealer will reflash the ECU for a larger tire size than stock they are basically allowing the change under warrenty and could be held liable for damages. That was our thought process with any vehicle modifications we would consider performing on the upgrade kits and on the S7.

Jeep: 07 Wrangler X 2DR Black
Crime Guard Alarm with 2way pager, AFE CAI, DynaPro Exhuast
M.O.R.E. Body Lift, Source Co2 Tank, Stubbied Stock Front Bumper
KMC XD 795 Hoss Black 17" wheels and Maxxis Bighorn 305/70/17 tires
Every mod in the write up section.

Old Jeep: 04 Wrangler X Yellow Built To The Hilt For Three Great Years.

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 10-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Well I'd be interested in hearing more about this. Is there a company website?

I have an ulterior motive as the speedo isn't as important to me as the auto shift points are. Maybe I can get even more get up and go while running the super charger and an aggressively programmed UniChip.
post #5 of 30 Old 10-04-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Its possible espescially towing that trailer you bought. (Just saw that and looked sweet). There is no hard data on this you can go to Northridge4x4 and search speedo. Thats where I got mine and it has a quick blurb on it. But you can search Accu Pro speedo on google and read a bit about what it does on the trucks. It's the exact same thing that it will do in our heaps. It says that it's not Vin locked ( locked into one vehicle once used) but a member says it voids the warrenty if used on another vehicle. What that means I don't know but I will look into using mine on another vehicle. Save alittle coin.

post #6 of 30 Old 10-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

I searched around for this and found only spotty and varied tech at best as to what this is and what it does. I couldn't find the same information on two websites. It is made/marketed by Pro Comp but there is nothing about it on their website.

I have seen claims of a speedo recalibration to a computer re-flasher to a tool like Scan Gauge II that can read/reset codes plus with recalibration. But even with all that it seems a bit spendy for a ECM programmer.

Well keep us posted on what it really does.
post #7 of 30 Old 10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Granite Guru

I received mine from Northridge4x4, but was sent the wrong Part No. I hope to get the right one next week. From the box, it is called the ProComp Accu Pro, but it's actually made by Hypertech. The correct Part No. is PC52001-1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect
post #8 of 30 Old 10-05-2007, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well much like many JK parts out there right now there is no good description from the manufacture. Only place to gfet info is the forums. From what I have read it is an ECU programer and a OBDII reader. Yes it's a little steep but when in perspective I don't have a GPS yet and it cost 90.00 at the dealer last time to recalibrate for my first tire upgrade. So for me it's a decent price even though I have a Snapon code scanner already. But if it will work on other vehicles besides mine, 10.00 recalibration and it will be paid for shortly.

post #9 of 30 Old 10-07-2007, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I'm still waiting but I just read this in the off road adventures mag. The Accu Pro calibrator is 199.00 but they also have the Power Pro that changes the timing curve as well as other features. While the power pro is only available for trucks now the add says the Accu Pro is software upgradable to the Power Pro. Thats pretty cool since it gives the future ablity of adding a power programmer to it via the internet.

post #10 of 30 Old 10-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Granite Guru

I recvd my calibrator today and it only took 3 minutes to run the programmer. I'll be driving it home tonight after work and will check the speedometer against my gps to make sure it's been recalibrated and will post an update here later. (The original tire setting was 31" and I changed it to 32.25" (the actual physical height of my tires, altho BFG's website says 285/70R17s are 32.7"...I will remeasure when I get home to make sure my measurement is accurate). My current gear ratio is 4.10 and will remain the same)

Update: Calibrator worked. Now my speedometer is accurate (confirmed by my GPS).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect

Last edited by FzyPChz; 10-11-2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: updated w/ results
post #11 of 30 Old 10-11-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Whats the word on accuracy. Mine is being delivered on the 16th.

post #12 of 30 Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

I should have mine tomorrow or Monday, thanks for the info on it.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #13 of 30 Old 10-16-2007, 09:59 AM
JR
Rock God

Informationally, they are a programmer that can be removed after the new data is uploaded. They can also correct shift points for auto transmissions.

Last I read, they were getting ready to add a VIN lock to the unit, but I don't know if they've done it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougolupski View Post
Hi all,
I just ordered the Accu Pro Jk speedo recalibrator. It's 200.00 shipped to me and will also read OBDII codes. I will let you know how it works out, I hope to have it next week if it's not on backorder. Finally I can get an accurate mpg reading.

Before anyone else orders the $200 version...

http://www.rjroffroad.com/Pro-Comp-A...-pr-16998.html

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #14 of 30 Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Before anyone else orders the $200 version...

http://www.rjroffroad.com/Pro-Comp-A...-pr-16998.html
Hmmm. Ok I'll bite for 169. 69 of course would be a whole lot better!
post #15 of 30 Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Granite Guru

I wish I knew of that site before I bought mine! I could have spent the $30 I would have saved on more Jeep parts...

post #16 of 30 Old 10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

Great price JR!

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #17 of 30 Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Damnit to all hell. I got mine today and tried to flash it at lunch and got the air bag module error. From what I gather this is common if the unit is old stock. I am stuck calling Hypertech tomorrow to either have them send me a new one or see if they have a downloadable flash that will fix mine. I would suggest to all that buy them to load the software on your computer first then update the software then update the firmware on the programmer before trying to use it. Mine came with no instructions so this is just a word of advice. Then double damn my dealer I bought it from doesn't do a 30 day guarantee on price, F*** them I new I should have called Redrock to buy it.

post #18 of 30 Old 10-18-2007, 10:51 AM
JR
Rock God

Well that price didn't last.

Whoever got in on that RJR deal got lucky, cause it just went up.

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #19 of 30 Old 10-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
Well that price didn't last.

Whoever got in on that RJR deal got lucky, cause it just went up.

Lucky me, now I just got to wait for it to arrive.

BTW, you need to retune your radio for music on hold!
post #20 of 30 Old 10-18-2007, 11:29 AM
JR
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post

Lucky me, now I just got to wait for it to arrive.

BTW, you need to retune your radio for music on hold!
Was that you that called for tracking? I didn't make it back in here before you hung up. SEMA time is crazy.

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #21 of 30 Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Yep, that was me. I figured you were busy and it wasn't critical, just curious. Plus my phone started ringing so I had to answer it. You can email or PM it to me, if you got it handy.
post #22 of 30 Old 10-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Rock God

Got mine today. seems to work pretty good. Had to set 33.25 for my 35's to calibrate correctly though. Not a big deal though. Speedo is almost dead on. about 2/10's off. I got lucky and got in on the good deal. It took 2 days for me to get it. Great service.
post #23 of 30 Old 10-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Yep I got mine yesterday too! Thanks JR!

I must have measured not entirely accurately, probably because I didn't expect the accuracy to be tits. So I'm off by a scosh. But I can firmly say that....

YES, It affects automatic transmission shift points.

My shifting seems to be a little more smooth and the tranny seems to shift less and waits for a slightly higher RPM.

It could be that I "think" its different but it sure seems different to me. I give it a

out of

rating only because even at 169, I think its a little spendy.

I didn't need to do any updates and it was very, very simple to do. Plug it in to the OBDII port and it tells you what to do then asks you for input. Couldn't be simpler.
post #24 of 30 Old 10-19-2007, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Heres from Hypertech regarding my flash issue. It gives a little insite to how they do it and it seems like a little trial and error with some of the PCMs in the vehicles. So a few out there might need to have them specifically recalibrated for there PCM. For the good of the cuase I guess, my delay will hopefully be someone elses plug and play joy. I will find out later if it works, I left it at work so a buddy going to bring it to me.

"Doug

The version of the tuner software is not the issue here. Updating the tuner software only updates the information that the CD installed into your PC. The vehicles computer calibration that is not supported is the issue at hand. When you connected the AccuPro to the internet it sent us your vehicles computer calibration along with your email address. Per engineering your vehicles calibration has been added and an email was sent letting you know. Now the AccuPro needs to be reconnected to the PC with the USB cable. You will then click on the Update tab on the upper right side of the box. Do not click on tools and try and update the tuner software, you are at our latest version. Once you successfully update the AccuPro it will be ready to be connected to the vehicle and used. If you have any questions let me know. Thanks

Jimmy Harsson
Technical Supervisor"

post #25 of 30 Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
I didn't need to do any updates and it was very, very simple to do. Plug it in to the OBDII port and it tells you what to do then asks you for input. Couldn't be simpler.

Just for that I am begining to not like you. Why must everything be a chore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode