Transmission - Mission - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-19-2010, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Transmission - Mission

So, I need to replace the throw out bearing in the 08 Rubicon Unlimited. I'm thinkin if I'm gonna be there in the first place I might as well replace the Trans. I'm gonna get to the motor swap eventually (5.7 or 6.1 Hemi) and here's where the question is.

What transmission is compatible with the stock motor AND will also run the 5.7 or 6.1 Hemi?

Any help from the Jeep Techs out there is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GOWREVER; 01-19-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-20-2010, 08:03 AM
JKO Addict!

I was just thinking about this yesterday. All the Hemi swaps are done using the 545RFE transmission.

I would love to know if I that trans fits on my stock JK in place of the current 4 speed?

I know that controlling everything through the ECU could be an issue but I "might" know a solution for that.

Anyone know if the 545RFE fits in place of the stock JK Auto?
post #3 of 6 Old 01-20-2010, 08:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good idea if it's doable. Would enable you to do it step by step instead of all in one pop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
JKO Addict!

My main motivation is getting an extra gear. The 545RFE is a five speed and the stock auto is a 4
post #5 of 6 Old 01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Wheeler

I take it your looking for a manual. The nv4500 comes to mind. I doubt anything is going to match up though, your gonna need adapters. That and your driveshaft lengths are probably going to change so your gonna have to swap those out. I think your best off doing the motor and trans swap at the same time.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-21-2010, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Actually, I called AEV yesterday and no go with the 545RFE. The bolt pattern doesn't match and the wiring is wrong as well. As for me I've got a 6 speed and I'm just tired of crawling with a manual and stall... I know how to drive but it happens to everybody. Anyhow I figured if I'm gonna pull the trany anyway I might as well look into it. Since I'm not ready to do the motor, it'll be clutch kit and go. 86 you're right I'm just gonna go with your last line there only we'll custom up the woody's I've already got. Thanks guys.

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode