Adjustable TB's - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Adjustable TB's

What is the best Track Bars to get for an OME+40 lift. What kind are you guys running and have you had any trouble with them??

08 JK Auto 4 Door 35 Toyo's Open CountryOME +40 Coils 4.5 OME Long Travel Shocks 1"BL
Mopar rock rails Mopar Stubbied Bumper 12k Runva winchCoast front DS Cobra75 CB KC winsheild Lights
Teraflex LCA' JKS disco'sTeraflex SS Ext brake lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbesse View Post
What is the best Track Bars to get for an OME+40 lift. What kind are you guys running and have you had any trouble with them??
I prefer the use of the stock trackbar personally with the use of one of THSE and/or THESE. Using the trackbar relocation brackets on the axle end allow for correct steering/suspension geometry. However, if you MUST use an adjustable trackbar check THESE and/or THESE out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
//

//
//

post #3 of 19 Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Rock God

Garage

i have the poly track bar and was always a believer in the track bar,

after looking at some other jeep recently though i feel i should have relocated or used the drag link flip kit they use..... oh well

stage one is almost done, maybe ill put that on my stage two list

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

May I ask why you prefer a Bracket over a actuall Adjustable Track Bar?

08 JK Auto 4 Door 35 Toyo's Open CountryOME +40 Coils 4.5 OME Long Travel Shocks 1"BL
Mopar rock rails Mopar Stubbied Bumper 12k Runva winchCoast front DS Cobra75 CB KC winsheild Lights
post #5 of 19 Old 01-20-2010, 03:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Poly, i are stought and the easiest. The double adjuster is the way to go.

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
post #6 of 19 Old 01-20-2010, 03:51 PM
JKO Addict!

I have RockKrawler trackbars and they are very stout. I'm happy with them. Then again, I also have the rear Poly bracket installed, and will be putting the front bracket and hi-steer on within the next couple weeks.
post #7 of 19 Old 01-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
May I ask why you prefer a Bracket over a actuall Adjustable Track Bar?
The adjustable track bars just allow you to re-center the axle when you lift it. The track bar brackets correct the suspension geometry and also re-centers the axle. The stock track bars have held up well for us.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #8 of 19 Old 01-21-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Okay right on! So I am guessing that its why Alot of peoples Stock TB holes are "Wallowing" out with just the TB's, because the suspension Geometry is worng?

post #9 of 19 Old 01-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Okay right on! So I am guessing that its why Alot of peoples Stock TB holes are "Wallowing" out with just the TB's, because the suspension Geometry is worng?
I don't think so, the cause of the holes wallowing out is probably because they are not torquing the bolt tight enough our they are using an aftermarket track bars that have thin bushing sleeves that are crushing and loosing the preload in the bolt.

Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that do!
post #10 of 19 Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
JKO Addict!

you are runnin gthe +40 coils which is like a 4" lift... I would get an adjustable trac bar (I run TF HD Forged) and some sort of flip kit

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #11 of 19 Old 01-21-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Yeah will be looking into the flip kit for sure. Anyone have the rock Krawler steering kit? Comes with all I'd need

post #12 of 19 Old 01-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I certainly can't tell you what's best, because I've only tried one brand, Rock Krawler. I have an OME 2" HD lift and RK front Lowers, front trackbar, and rear TB kit with bracket. My castor is set and my axles are centered. Mission accomplished.

Stout is an understatement. If I ever bend these, I probably died in the process.
post #13 of 19 Old 01-22-2010, 06:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Yeah will be looking into the flip kit for sure. Anyone have the rock Krawler steering kit? Comes with all I'd need
I haven't used it but everyone that has speaks highly about it... same is true with the TF kit

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #14 of 19 Old 01-22-2010, 05:45 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
you are runnin gthe +40 coils which is like a 4" lift... I would get an adjustable trac bar (I run TF HD Forged) and some sort of flip kit
You can run THIS (with adjustable cam option) with a Drag Link Flip kit up to 4.5" lift without the use of an adjustable trackbar.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #15 of 19 Old 01-22-2010, 05:59 PM
JKowners Vendor

Sir

Anyone running our JK 5.5" Systems has the "JK Ultimate Steering Package" included in their kit! We just broke it out at the first of the year and is certainly a sure fire way to nail down any steering woes. This ensures, the track bar and drag link geometry is on point and does not take a chance on a poor relationship between the two which is something you could possibly get by mixing and matching components using different brands for each part or component! This area of the JK is pretty critical!

Hope that info make sense and helps you out! You may even want to contact the manufacturer of the parts you already have to see if they offer something that will be 100% compliant to meet your needs.

Rock Krawler
post #16 of 19 Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I recently installed a RK "bomb-proof" front adj trackbar and though I have yet to test it out fully, on road manners are improved and steering feels a bit tighter. Two thumbs up so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #17 of 19 Old 01-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Wheeler

What kind of ends are on the RK trackbar? Looks like rubber (or poly) on one end and metal heim joint on the other end in the pic on their site?
post #18 of 19 Old 01-25-2010, 12:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuBob View Post
What kind of ends are on the RK trackbar? Looks like rubber (or poly) on one end and metal heim joint on the other end in the pic on their site?
Exactly as shown. Pretty sure the axle end is rubber, though I didn't look real close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #19 of 19 Old 01-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Rock God

Me running Rock Krawler on front of my jk..looking to get there rear one when the next sales comes! hint hint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode