Stinger bumper question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Stinger bumper question

I'm going to get a new front bumper and I like the look of a stinger but I'm concerned about engine accessibilty issues. Anybody with a stinger have a hard time getting to the engine bay for oil/coolant/belt etc?

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

i have no problems getting to everything. i have the Rugged Ridge XHD with the stinger option. it can be removed if i need better access.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #3 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
i it can be removed if i need better access.
Not easily removed.
I have the same one and have NO problems accessing anything.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Rock God

It makes a great seat when you work on your Jeep
post #5 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 03:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3itch View Post
now if you have a twig and berries sweetheart!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #6 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3itch View Post
x2. When the Jeep is lifted, a good bumper and stinger actually makes life easier.
post #7 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the input! The hard part is going to be remembering the stinger is the front and leaving extra distance when coming to a stop behind another car!

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free
post #8 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 05:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDERED67 View Post
Thanks for the input! The hard part is going to be remembering the stinger is the front and leaving extra distance when coming to a stop behind another car!
don't worry, you can see the end of it with NO problem. I had the Rugged Ridge and now the OR-Fab.
I like the OR-Fab a lot better. seems MUCH stronger due to being welded on and gusseted and has a better angle. (just my opinion)
post #9 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 05:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

Hey Rider, you can get it, I'll put it on our rig for a little and I'll report back to you on all your question! Well it sounded good to me!!!! Check with Nick (paramaniac) too, he has one here locally you may be able to link up with him and see for yourself before spending anything.

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #10 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 05:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah, if anything, it helps to keep you from running into stuff. You can judge pretty easily how close you are to someone. Heck, I use it to my advantage and ease up closer to stuff than I would otherwise.

As far as engine bay access, I'd say it's a wash. With the Jeep lifted higher it's somewhat more difficult, but if you just use the stinger and pull yourself up on the bumper, you can stand on the bumper to do whatever you need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #11 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 05:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

LOL,,,You can see the stinger, and it is kinda fun driving up at a stop light behind a car and putting the stinger over their trunk. I think it pisses them off, but oh well. I like watching them squirm!!!

Oh yeah and I have the lod and is well worth the money and the wait!
post #12 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 11:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

I currently have the ORFab stinger and love it. Never in the way and love watching the looks I get when pulling up behind people. LOL!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #13 of 14 Old 01-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

first thing i noticed, when i make a turn and another car is there waiting, the driver and passengers get big eyes and usually move over. guess it is a little imtimidating when a built JK rolls by....

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #14 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 01:36 PM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Anybody with a stinger have a hard time getting to the engine bay for oil/coolant/belt etc?
The only thing mine does is mean I have to walk around to undo the hood latches from either side, as opposed to just standing in the middle and doing both. Otherwise it's not in the way at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode