psc crusher flares and body armor installed - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

psc crusher flares and body armor installed

ok here are a few i just took and sorry it was dark had to use shop lights.

hope you all enjoy and look for the body armor pictures later cause I ran out of time.

2010 Rubicon unlimited / rock krawler long arm
ome +40 long travel lift / 17 spyderlocks / 38 bfg km2's/ 5.38 gears/ sleeves
poison spyder customs crusher flares/ body armor/ diff covers/rocker knockers
lod stubby ftont and rear/ evap skid/ coast driveshaft 1310/ rcv & superior axle shafts
warn powerplant / aev drag link flip/ currie tie rod/ reid knuckles, prosteer ball joints
c2 gussets and lca skids/ rock stars/ speed bumps/ rk tranny pan/ redneck ram hydro assist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 AM
JKO Addict!

so nice! I want to see the rear along side now!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #3 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Lookin' good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Rock God

Garage

dayum!!!

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #5 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Rock God

Looks good! Let's see some pix of the Body Armor too
post #6 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Rock God

AWESOME!!!
post #7 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Looks good! Let's see some pix of the Body Armor too
thanks guys the armor will have to wait till next weekend tho.

how long of a wait is is for the jk rear crusher corners realistically. i may just order the rear crushers and do corners when they come out but i sure would like the all in one's.

lod stubby ftont and rear/ evap skid/ coast driveshaft 1310/ rcv & superior axle shafts
warn powerplant / aev drag link flip/ currie tie rod/ reid knuckles, prosteer ball joints
c2 gussets and lca skids/ rock stars/ speed bumps/ rk tranny pan/ redneck ram hydro assist
post #8 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

How was the fitment of the front flares on your 2010? Did all the holes line up okay? I am not talking about the ones you have to drill, but rather the stock hole fitment to the flare holes.
post #9 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 02:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Did they come painted like that or did you paint them and if you did what did you use? It looks like a matte black... I like it. Your Jeep is very similar to what I want to do to mine so I am very jealous...
post #10 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

WOW!! That is just awesome.. I love PSC fenders.. They are the only ones that seem to match my Shrockworks rails..

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #11 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 06:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Man... I love those flares. Looking forward to the armour pics as well!!!
post #12 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Granite Guru

Very Nice!

"It's inhabitants are as the man once said all the pimps, whores and sons of bitches by which he meant everybody" J. Steinbeck

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift/Shocks, 35X12.50's, Black Rock Wheels, TeraFlex Steering Stabalizer, 4.88 gears, aFe CAI, aFe throttle body spacer. Finish Line West Gen 4.0 rear bumper, River Raider Evap Skid, Superchips-tuned. Smittybuilt SRC Front Bumper.
post #13 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice.

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #14 of 26 Old 01-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Rock God

is it me or is the fender itself buckled a bit???

is that from the PSC install or from before??
post #15 of 26 Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
How was the fitment of the front flares on your 2010? Did all the holes line up okay? I am not talking about the ones you have to drill, but rather the stock hole fitment to the flare holes.
they fit very well. i do have a little gap up towards the front of the flare. i am very anal when it comes to matching up and fitment and i was very happy with them.

edit sorry didn't answer all your questions so i will now and then some.

yes all the holes lined up perfectly. if you take your time and put in all the bolts but don't tighten them down till you have all of them in they fit great. i think to many people just half ass it and don't fully follow all the directions. unless you have done this before it will take more than an 1.5 hours like several have said. i spent about 4 to 5 hours of actual work on them, and i had some extra hands to help out.

Last edited by codysanders; 01-20-2010 at 01:16 PM.
post #16 of 26 Old 01-20-2010, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Did they come painted like that or did you paint them and if you did what did you use? It looks like a matte black... I like it. Your Jeep is very similar to what I want to do to mine so I am very jealous...
i used dupi-color bed liner in a can. 3 coats 5 min between each and a final touch up after i installed them (on the jeep). i like this coating a lot and when i scratch them i have a cardboard temp i cut out to cover up my jeeps paint and i just spray away.

post #17 of 26 Old 01-20-2010, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepik View Post
is it me or is the fender itself buckled a bit???

is that from the PSC install or from before??
i don't see any buckle but maybe you see better than me?

they look great and i couldn't be happier. my only problem was a clip on nut for the inner brace didn't want to take a bolt. they are sending me another. the packaging was great and everything showed up on time and in good condition (well my hat got smashed up).

i am so happy with them i was going to wait on rears but what do you know i orderd them yesterday. so stay tuned for the pictures of those the weekend after this one. body armor this weekend and then the rear crushers next weekend.

post #18 of 26 Old 01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Rock God

They sure know how to crush your hand don't the cody? lol
post #19 of 26 Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by codysanders View Post
they fit very well. i do have a little gap up towards the front of the flare. i am very anal when it comes to matching up and fitment and i was very happy with them.

edit sorry didn't answer all your questions so i will now and then some.

yes all the holes lined up perfectly. if you take your time and put in all the bolts but don't tighten them down till you have all of them in they fit great. i think to many people just half ass it and don't fully follow all the directions. unless you have done this before it will take more than an 1.5 hours like several have said. i spent about 4 to 5 hours of actual work on them, and i had some extra hands to help out.
Thanks... I noticed the gap at the front as well. I wasn't sure how I'd like it once everything was done, but I never got that far to see. Following the directions exactly, I was only able to get one hole to line up? The rest were off a 1/4 inch or more?! Not really happy with that, but shit happens. They are going to look into this and replace the fenders.... like I said, not happy, but they are working to making it right. Glad yours came out nicely.... hopefully soon I'll not be as envious.
post #20 of 26 Old 01-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Rock God

what i was referring to is that top of the fender doesnt seem to align with the hood, thats what i meant by buckled it looks like the top of the fender is pushed outwards a bit

but i could be wrong
post #21 of 26 Old 01-20-2010, 02:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codysanders View Post
i used dupi-color bed liner in a can. 3 coats 5 min between each and a final touch up after i installed them (on the jeep). i like this coating a lot and when i scratch them i have a cardboard temp i cut out to cover up my jeeps paint and i just spray away.

Good looking, cheap and can be touched up in case of damage.
Regular old Martha Stewart over here...
post #22 of 26 Old 01-24-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

lol i don't think i am quite up to martha's standards but thanks. i am getting ready to put on the body armor now. so hopefullly i will have some pictures up later tonight.

post #23 of 26 Old 01-24-2010, 11:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Thanks... I noticed the gap at the front as well. I wasn't sure how I'd like it once everything was done, but I never got that far to see. Following the directions exactly, I was only able to get one hole to line up? The rest were off a 1/4 inch or more?! Not really happy with that, but shit happens. They are going to look into this and replace the fenders.... like I said, not happy, but they are working to making it right. Glad yours came out nicely.... hopefully soon I'll not be as envious.
i had some problems too, with fitment of driver side, holes were off by 1/8 ish. but that didn't prevent from continuing the install. thats what dremels are for.

also the bolt thats is near hood latch, there is a small gap and once you tighten it gap does away, however the gap between grill and fender buckles.

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
post #24 of 26 Old 01-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Granite Guru

looks great man

2013 JKU Commando Green
3.5 inch Metalcloack
Fox 2.0 performance shocks
35s Toyo M/T on 18 inch mayham wheels
DV8 offroad front bumper
Flowmaster exhaust
post #25 of 26 Old 01-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Wheeler

Did you get the aluminum armor or the steel armor. Im all up in the air about it because i dont knwo how i feel about bugered up aluminum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode