Fastback top and kargo master rack - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Fastback top and kargo master rack

Is anyone running a Trektop,ORH, or other fastback top and a kargo master congo cage or other cage. I am wanting to get a Trektop if it looks ok with the congo type cage for ease of removal and looks of the Trektop. Anyone have any experience taking down a standard softtop with the Kargo Master rack on? Any pics would be greatly appreciated of the cage with a fastback style top. Just can't visualize how it will look on my ride. Still debating soft top v trektop. If the soft top gets cut I can replace a window easier on OEM vs trektop getting an all new top.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerPike View Post
Is anyone running a Trektop,ORH, or other fastback top and a kargo master congo cage or other cage. I am wanting to get a Trektop if it looks ok with the congo type cage for ease of removal and looks of the Trektop. Anyone have any experience taking down a standard softtop with the Kargo Master rack on? Any pics would be greatly appreciated of the cage with a fastback style top. Just can't visualize how it will look on my ride. Still debating soft top v trektop. If the soft top gets cut I can replace a window easier on OEM vs trektop getting an all new top.

Thanks
We have a Kongo Master rack, that my wife uses in the warmer months for her kayak. It is a pretty decent system for the price. It does afford you the ability to raise and lower your soft top, without a lot of hassle. Undo two bolts in the front, put in the extension bars lower or raise the soft top, tighten the bolts and bushings and away you go. The down sides I have noticed is, be sure to seal up all the tube connections (they will leak water into the tubes and begin to rust) and it does rattle on the highway and trail. But for the money on of the better systems out there.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-13-2010, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Oh yeah I love mine. For the money you can't beat it. Don't notice the noises while driving on the interstate that people report any more. Maybe just used to it. I just hope it looks good with the Trektop. Not sure how the lines will look between the two. So it's not a huge deal to remove the soft top? What would you say 10min w/ 1 person?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerPike View Post
Oh yeah I love mine. For the money you can't beat it. Don't notice the noises while driving on the interstate that people report any more. Maybe just used to it. I just hope it looks good with the Trektop. Not sure how the lines will look between the two. So it's not a huge deal to remove the soft top? What would you say 10min w/ 1 person?
I got my wife a ratching box end set of wrenches, it makes short work of unbolting the bolt on each of the front down tubes. She carries the one wrench in the glove box (2 door JK) and normally only one of the extension legs (wishes she would carry both). Often she'll get off work on a nice day and lower the top (in the office parking lot) before coming home. I would say about 10 to 15 minutes if that long, from start to finish. This rack (Kongo Cage Master) does not fold all the way back due to the Rear License Plate is just behind, the driver side down tube pivot point. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode