Cooper stt vs Wrangler SR-A in snow/ice - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2010, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Cooper stt vs Wrangler SR-A in snow/ice

The Wrangler SR-A tires wear the stock tires that came on my jk.

I put these back on before winter. Or when I'm not going to be off roading for awhile. I do this to make the cooper tires last as long as possible

It has been snowing pretty good for the last couple of days here and i have to say just how bad the stock tires are in the snow.now I'm not one of those people that drive fast in the snow just because i have a 4 wheel drive.so i always take it nice and slow.I was sliding like a sled when i would try to come to a stop or going around corners. A lot of spinning was going on also.

So i put my cooper stt tires back on and went out to give them a try. what a difference. no more sliding around turns and the sliding when braking is greatly reduced

I travel mostly back roads that have hills and don't get plowed or salted very often.

RK 3.5 LIFT/RRD SHOCKS/FRONT CONTROL ARMS/DRAG LINK/TRACK BAR/REAR BRAKE HOSES/COOPER 295-75-17 STT JEEPERMAN FRONT BUMPER SUPERWINCH EPI9 JKS LOWER TRACK BAR BRACES/DISCONNECTS CRAGAR WHEELS SOFT 8 SYNERGY UPPER TRACK BAR BRACES RR SKID PLATES BENCHMARK DESIGNS EVAP SKID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

Yeah, the SR-As are easily overwhelmed by snow, I have BFG M/Ts this year and we have been getting hammered the last couple weeks, the M/Ts just bite right in in pretty much anything on the road or in untreated parking lots.

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode