rear locker wont un-lock - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

rear locker wont un-lock

So this problem is reoccurring and every time i take it in to the dealer they do the same thing, pop off the diff cover bang it out put it back on and say o yah its fixed. But as soon as i lock the diffs and do some serious wheeling i cant get the rear to unlock. the front is fine. any tips, how to's or people with the same problem?

Two is one and one is none... Fire in the Hole
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-08-2010, 07:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Mine is the same way, after I lock it it won't unlock for sometimes several miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #3 of 9 Old 01-08-2010, 09:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Drive in a circle in a parking lot and see if it unlocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 01-08-2010, 11:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
Drive in a circle in a parking lot and see if it unlocks.
Or it breaks an axle?

Dealership should replace it, reoccurring problem that has yet to be correctly fixed. Speak with the service manager, it has a faulty part in it. It needs to be replaced, popping it back out is not fixing anything.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #5 of 9 Old 01-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Rock God

this used to happen to me a lot in the past and some times driving over a curb would solve the problem. The dealer ended up replacing both the front and rear lockers end of last summer and haven't wheeled since so i don't know if that solved the problem.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-09-2010, 12:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Or it breaks an axle?

Dealership should replace it, reoccurring problem that has yet to be correctly fixed. Speak with the service manager, it has a faulty part in it. It needs to be replaced, popping it back out is not fixing anything.
if you break an axle driving in a circle on pavement with a locked 44 then you have MUCH bigger problems than just the locker It will make horrible rubber chirping while doing it but it will NOT break an axle

The locking tabs/bars and locking collar in the e-locker need to retract in order for it to unlock. My front will stay locked when turned off until I turn and it gives the dif a reason to work. Then it will unlock when the load is off the tabs/bars.

I would personally have the dealership replace it if took more than a 90* turn on pavement to unlock.

Last edited by usmcdoc14; 01-09-2010 at 12:05 AM.
post #7 of 9 Old 01-09-2010, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

yah iv driven on it around, all the tricks but nothing. They are being a pain and wont cover anything cause of the "oversized tires and lift" any ideas?

Two is one and one is none... Fire in the Hole
post #8 of 9 Old 01-09-2010, 03:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

I'm at 39K miles
wonder if the locker is covered under the unlimited powertrain warranty?
of course 5:13s and riddler covers may void that
I've had my cover off and watched it work, locks right up but needs a little help to unlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #9 of 9 Old 01-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Rock God

it all depends on the service manager. the dealer i used to take my jk to would fix everything now they have a new service manager and she told me i should have never gotten any of my repairs for free and charged me for their time without the repair. I now drive about and hr to another dealer to get my jk serviced and i don't have any problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode