Where to buy a Smittybilt XRC10HD winch/compressor combo? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 01-05-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Where to buy a Smittybilt XRC10HD winch/compressor combo?

Everywhere I check says "in stock" on the website, but when you call you find out they are on back order until March from the factory. In fact, one person told me that Smittybilt is out at their factory and is waiting for an shipment from their international plant.

Does anyone out there actually stock items anymore, or is everyone a drop shipper!? Frustrating. Anyway, if anybody knows where I can actually find one of these, I would appreciate a PM. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project Blue Bruin Build-Up Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M416 Offroad Trailer Build:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 01-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebruin View Post
Does anyone out there actually stock items anymore, or is everyone a drop shipper!? Frustrating.
The majority of shops are drop shippers for winches. They cost to much per unit to inventory them. Call up some local shops with the dealer network software so they can check supplier inventories.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #3 of 21 Old 01-05-2010, 03:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I would suggest going straight to the source - CHINA

Or HERE

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 01-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Rock God

I love my PowerPlant.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #5 of 21 Old 01-05-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
I love my PowerPlant.
wish I had the cash to pay double the price. I've already spent what I sold my TJ for in parts and I'm only half done....

Project Blue Bruin Build-Up Blog:

M416 Offroad Trailer Build:
post #6 of 21 Old 01-06-2010, 04:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
I would suggest going straight to the source - CHINA

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #7 of 21 Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
wish I had the cash to pay double the price. I've already spent what I sold my TJ for in parts and I'm only half done....
I have the money but don't need one right now. I have a cheap compressor and don't do enough serious wheeling to justify it. But I'll eventually buy a winch, probably the PowerPlant when I need it.

I've heard stories each way on the SB winches. Some people dog the heck out of them and have no problems, some people have failures when they use it under normal circumstances. Sounds hit or miss. I'd hate to be on the short end of the "miss" when I really need it. Of course, nothing to say this can't happen with Warn either, but more unlikely.

Good luck!

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #8 of 21 Old 01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'm thinking of going the Smittybilt XRC8 Comp & ViAir Xtreme OBA route...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #9 of 21 Old 01-06-2010, 01:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

These aren't even being made by SB yet. So you cant order them anywhere. The XRC10HD is sort of a myth that has grown and grown and grown..

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #10 of 21 Old 01-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Rock God

Smittybilt says it's scheduled to arrive 30-45 days from now.

I have a feeling that this first shipment wont last long so if you want to pre-order one I am shipping for free: http://www.rdmoffroad.com/smittybilt...ssorcombo.aspx

James

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

Follow us on:

post #11 of 21 Old 01-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Rock God

These are due to arrive in the next 2 weeks. Also, they can be ordered with or without the reserve air tank.

Follow us on:

post #12 of 21 Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

RDM, the description on your site shows that the winch comes with the tank. It's priced at $750. So, does the price go down if you opt to NOT get the tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #13 of 21 Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
RDM, the description on your site shows that the winch comes with the tank. It's priced at $750. So, does the price go down if you opt to NOT get the tank?
You are correct.

Without the tank it's $699.95

Follow us on:

post #14 of 21 Old 01-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Rock God

Product listing updated to include the optional 2.5 gallon air tank.

Follow us on:

post #15 of 21 Old 01-25-2010, 04:14 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

this is a great price....I got my Warn Powerplant 9,000lb rated for $1100 without an optional 2.5lb tank. I would do the whole thing for this price and free shipping!

Great deal James!

U.S. Army
post #16 of 21 Old 05-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Rock God

**UPDATE**

Smittybilt's new release date is now 8/1/2011

Follow us on:

post #17 of 21 Old 05-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM Offroad View Post
**UPDATE**

Smittybilt's new release date is now 8/1/2011
damn thats crazy, i guess ill just get the xrc comp 10 then

10 jkur/3.5" rk lift/evo armor/40s/atx beadlocks/5.13s

09 2dr rubi/built axles/caged/3"evo lift/37s sold
08 jku built and locked on 42s sold

05 evo 8 tarmac black
800hp on 43psi

wtb: d44 rcv shafts, hydro assist setup, supercharger, 12 or 14" red ori stx struts
post #18 of 21 Old 05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebp99si View Post
damn thats crazy, i guess ill just get the xrc comp 10 then
You could always get one of those battery-run air compressors for the other end of things... $60 bucks or so.

08 Unlimited - Flame Red "Lucy"
2.5" RC Coils & 33" KM2 on stockers

08 JK - Stone White "The Goat"
2.5" BB, 35" MTRs on 15s, Rubi sliders - just the beginning

Keeping Austin Weird
post #19 of 21 Old 05-08-2010, 08:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
I'm thinking of going the Smittybilt XRC8 Comp & ViAir Xtreme OBA route...

post #20 of 21 Old 05-08-2010, 10:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
In fact, one person told me that Smittybilt is out at their factory and is waiting for an shipment from their international plant.
They don't have a plant here, all their crap is made in China or some other sweatshop fab country.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #21 of 21 Old 05-08-2010, 11:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

You get what you pay for?

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode