Is my lift the cause of my hardtop leak? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Is my lift the cause of my hardtop leak?

I just finished putting my OME 2" lift on two weeks ago. All of a sudden I'm getting the dreaded hard top leak where the two panels meet at the windshield. Could the effect of leveling the jeep have exacerbated the leak? I'm thinking water is now pooling where once it ran off. Is there a fix for this-- I have a 2010 Rubi 2dr.

It's been extremely cold here in the last week so it's not an issue right now, but I'm fearing the next precipitation.

On another note, I've also noticed a ton of water in the driver and passenger foot area. I have the quadratec deep mud mats, but I think the water leaked through that hole where it hooks onto the carpet hook (brilliant design! ). I guess the snow I tracked in the jeep accumulated much more than I thought. Has anyone seen this before? I resorted to pulling out the plugs under the carpet to let the water out when the temp goes up.

</end rant>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Your lift has absolutely nothing to do with the leak. It may as you indicated, be causing it to pool in the center/ fwd area of the jeep more than it did before leveling, but the leak was eminent. I also doubt that the holes in the floor mats had much to do with that much water on the floorboards. I would guess that the water has been leaking into the interior from the hardtop "seals" in the center or above the doors, for longer than you are aware. jmo

Welcome to the wonderful world of the JK hardtop.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Rock God

Probably your closer to the sky now.

All kidding aside just make sure top is clamped as it should be. Or take it to dealer and tell them to fix it...this is doable. Supposed to be corrected on 2010 models.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2run View Post
Probably your closer to the sky now.

HA! That's funny

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Granite Guru

I had the same problem on my 07 Unlimited before i put any kind of lift kit on it, the leaking water messed up my stereo system, took it to the dealer, they said there was a recall for the top seal, and they replaced it, the stereo got replaced under warranty, no problems after that and I have a 3" suspension and 2" body lift!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thank for the replies everyone.

Hardtop: I guess I'll take it to the dealer and see what they say.

Well water: I'm pretty sure the water is from snow on everyone's feet as I have soggy mats in the back from where the kids have sat. I can't do much about it now since it's frozen solid like armored carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode