TF 2.5 or RE 2.0 Coil Spacer Lift ?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

TF 2.5 or RE 2.0 Coil Spacer Lift ??

Opinions please...

My '08 JK 2 dr X is riding on 285/75-16 BFG MT KM2's. My rear fender flares rub a little when out on the trail, more if loaded with extra fuel and camping gear. I don't want to trim the fender flares, nor do I want larger tires than what I have now.

I've read over what I can find on the subject and am still scratching my head... so I'm asking for opinions on which lift to get. I use my JK as a DD and go off road on easy to medium rated trails 1~2 times a month.

Cost not being a factor, which would you guys go with:

- Teraflex 2.5" BB coil spacer w/shock extenders??
- Rubicon Express 2" BB coil spacer w/longer Monotube shocks??

I'm leaning towards the 2" RE lift... your opinions please, and why??

Thanks

~ AZ OUTLAWS ~

"Valley of the Sun"
Mesa, AZ

'06 Liberty Sport
'08 Wrangler X

got groceries?

Last edited by AZ Outlaws; 12-29-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Rock God

TF 2.5 with shock extenders because it also has the trackbar bracket and swaybar link extensions. Mine is also a DD on 35s.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to 08RubiUnlimited

I know you mentioned BBs, but I have the TF 2.5" coil kit with extenders, and 285/70/17 KM2s, veryy happy with the looks, ride, and performance. I'as also recommend a 3/4" spacer up front if you have a winch/bumper out front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-03-2010, 10:33 AM
JKO Addict!

just install a set of 4 dr springs and you'll gain 1"-1.5" of lift... with nothing else. And its all factory.

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Wheeler

To pick among the only two choices you have, I'd go with the TF BB. It is a full kit and has everything you need. With either kit, be aware of the backspacing on your wheels.

Looking at a few other options:
If you want to stay a little cheaper, put the 4 Door springs on your 2 door or look at the TF leveling kit. Either way, you'll get the little extra clearance you're wanting.

If you want to spend a little more, I'd recommend the TF 2.5" coil kit. If you ever wanted to upgrade, even though you think you won't now, it'll be far cheaper in the future and a little better ride.

2017 4 Door Rubicon
Midland 75-822 with 3' Firestik
post #6 of 8 Old 01-04-2010, 10:41 AM
JKO Addict!

TF but go coil... do it right

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #7 of 8 Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
TF but go coil... do it right
x2 I just recently installed the TF 2.5" coil kit with 9550 shocks...I am happy I made that choice...Currently running 285/75/16, but will be upgrading to 35s soon....

post #8 of 8 Old 01-30-2010, 08:28 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws View Post
- Rubicon Express 2" BB coil spacer w/longer Monotube shocks??

I'm leaning towards the 2" RE lift... your opinions please, and why??

Thanks
You didn't specify if your tires on the factory wheels or offset. I will assume factory. If you are running stock wheels, and you buy TF 2.5", their rear sway bar links will scar your wheels (or your frame if you reverse them), so don't use them--I bought a set of factory rear links from the dealership to put on the front and left the rears stock.

IMO, your initial instincts are correct! To be blunt, shock extensions are just one more thing to come loose (and they do), and the 2" lift is less complicated than even the 2.5" kits--if you don't want to, you don't have to replace anything or add anything but the spacers themselves. Aftermarket shocks are almost always better than factory, BUT with longer shocks, we have the TF rear track bar relocation bracket hit the rear passenger shock. Rubicon Express makes a better relocation bracket (though not necessary on a 2" lift) that mounts, without drilling, on the axle side, and therefore, no problems--much better design.

Our use is extreme, so not very many people have encountered the problems I have, but I would not buy the Teraflex 2.5" BB kits again. Full spring is definitely the way to go for longevity with any manufacturer.

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode