Single vs Dual steering stabilizer - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-25-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Single vs Dual steering stabilizer

I am running High pinion D60's, 4" LA TF kit, 37's
What is the benefit of the dual stabilizer? Is the single sufficient

09 4Dr Currie Rock Jocks D60, 538's, ARB's, Teraflex Long Arm 4", MBRP, SC Flashpaq, K&N Intake w/throttle body,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Single stabilizer is not only fine, but more beneficial IMO. A dual stabilizer may give you issues with clearance of other components as well as mask potential steering/ handling issues if they arise. Poly Performance makes a nice single stabilizer set-up that is top notch.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 11 Old 12-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

if everything is in alignment, a steering stabilizer is not needed. the real only benifit to it is bump steer from hitting an occasional rock on the highway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
•
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Wheeler

As stated above only a single stabilizer is all that is needed. If one dose not keep the front from shaking you have other problems. Keep the vehicle aligned and the tires balanced and you should be fine.

Frenchie La Chance
Western Adventures 4X4 Driving School & Guide Service
I4WDTA Certified Trainer
Tread Lightly Trainer

760-415-7071

Last edited by Frenchie; 12-26-2009 at 12:37 PM.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Wheeler

Dual setup costs more and doubles the changes that you will smash it on a rock

Jeep Green-08-Rubicon Unlimited
4" Teraflex lift with Flex arms and forged Track Bar
37" IROKS
Rock Hard Oil/tranny/transfer case/gas tank skids
LOD Front Stubby/IPF 900XS Driving Lights
Warn Powerplant HP
Shrockworks Rear Bumper
5.13s and Superior Rear Shafts
RCVs
Solid Diff Covers
Cobra 75 WX ST/3' Firestick II
Wood SS Braket/Evap Relo kit
TF SS
Driveshafts Unlimited front Driveshaft
Tom Woods Read Driveshaft
Homemade swingaway

post #6 of 11 Old 12-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Rock God

I have had both and there is no difference IMO. The only difference is the "bling" factor from a dual.

post #7 of 11 Old 12-26-2009, 07:39 PM
JKO Addict!

I think with 37"s you should be thinking hydro-assist instead of a steering stabilizer.
You have the cash dropped in 60's so I assume you actually wheel it

The hydro assist would be better for your cash.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-26-2009, 10:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
I think with 37"s you should be thinking hydro-assist instead of a steering stabilizer.

x2

You have 60's and your asking a lame question about steering stablizers. Maybe you should look into a Hummer.

Obama, The greatest gun salesman since the invention of firearms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscwerve View Post
This is exactly why we need to practice proper gun control.

If he was aiming down the sights correctly and had plenty of practice rounds under his belt, there would only be one side of this story.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-27-2009, 08:43 AM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:

x2...

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #10 of 11 Old 12-27-2009, 09:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

x10!!

RDM Offroad before the New Year!!!!

But, if you're stuck on stabilizer maybe I can sell you mine with the 'hi-clearance bracket' so I CAN BUY THE PSC!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - The Shootist

post #11 of 11 Old 12-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohn View Post
x2

You have 60's and your asking a lame question about steering stablizers. Maybe you should look into a Hummer.

I was hoping someone would say it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode