AEV 3.5" Lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 12-18-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

AEV 3.5" Lift

So I know better than to ask what the best lift is...everyone has an opinion...everyone has different expectations...

I'm thinking about ordering the AEV 3.5" Premium Lift tonight. Anyone know of a reason that I shouldn't buy this product? I'd prefer actual experience to speculation. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-18-2009, 06:11 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
So I know better than to ask what the best lift is...everyone has an opinion...everyone has different expectations...

I'm thinking about ordering the AEV 3.5" Premium Lift tonight. Anyone know of a reason that I shouldn't buy this product? I'd prefer actual experience to speculation. Thanks.
There is alot of different stuff out there man... make sure you do ALL your home work before ordered.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
//

//
//

post #3 of 14 Old 12-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Wheeler

Thumbs up

I'm very happy with the 3.5 nth in my JK.

'08 Stone White Rubi Unlimited, 3.5 AEV Premium, BFG KM2 35's on Pintler Argents, AEV Front and Rear with Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, Shrockworks Rails, Airaid CAI, Cooltech Muffler Relo, Iggee's, Dirty Dog 4x4 Mesh Tops and Grab Handles, Dirt Bags & M-Pac Storage Solutions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 12-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Rock God

Not really, happy with my 4.5, but like pig said, check em all out. I was down between poly and aev.

LJ Rubicon
post #5 of 14 Old 12-18-2009, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

OK...so shortly after posting this thread, I heard from a gentleman named Dave at Poly Performance. While I'm familiar with Poly's reputation for customer service, I certainly did not expect for someone to contact me 45 minutes before his company Christmas party and talk to me about lifts. While Dave was professional enough not to badmouth AEV or it's products, he was able to put together a comparable package to the AEV 3.5" kit with the addition of lower control arms. So...a VISA transaction later...I'm expecting that my cool new parts will be shipping from Poly on Monday. I'm still under the impression that AEV makes good stuff...and I'll likely be purchasing some of their products in the future...but I'm a sucker for good customer service and I was impressed tonight.

I expect that I'll be following up with my review of the actual product in a couple weeks.
post #6 of 14 Old 12-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Wheeler

Poly has an excellent kit... you made a good choice. It was on my short list.

'08 Stone White Rubi Unlimited, 3.5 AEV Premium, BFG KM2 35's on Pintler Argents, AEV Front and Rear with Tire Carrier, Warn 9.5ti, Shrockworks Rails, Airaid CAI, Cooltech Muffler Relo, Iggee's, Dirty Dog 4x4 Mesh Tops and Grab Handles, Dirt Bags & M-Pac Storage Solutions.
post #7 of 14 Old 12-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Rock God

Quote:
OK...so shortly after posting this thread, I heard from a gentleman named Dave at Poly Performance. While I'm familiar with Poly's reputation for customer service, I certainly did not expect for someone to contact me 45 minutes before his company Christmas party and talk to me about lifts. While Dave was professional enough not to badmouth AEV or it's products, he was able to put together a comparable package to the AEV 3.5" kit with the addition of lower control arms. So...a VISA transaction later...I'm expecting that my cool new parts will be shipping from Poly on Monday. I'm still under the impression that AEV makes good stuff...and I'll likely be purchasing some of their products in the future...but I'm a sucker for good customer service and I was impressed tonight.

I expect that I'll be following up with my review of the actual product in a couple weeks.
This is a great story and how real business is done. This is how you secure a sale! Props to Poly.

Those that the beast is looking for...
Listen in awe and you will hear him...
BARK AT THE MOON!

Last edited by MaloCS; 12-18-2009 at 09:23 PM.
post #8 of 14 Old 12-19-2009, 06:25 AM
JKO Addict!

sweet!

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #9 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 03:46 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Thanks for give us a chance to help you out man... Your parts will be shipping Monday.

//
//

//
//

post #10 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 03:46 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btircuit View Post
Poly has an excellent kit... you made a good choice. It was on my short list.
Thanks for the kind words man... Its greatly appreciated.

//
//

//
//

post #11 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 03:47 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
This is a great story and how real business is done. This is how you secure a sale! Props to Poly.
We are ALL working hard to make sure we can help the guys that need help. Lets us know if theres anything we can do for you...

//
//

//
//

post #12 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 03:48 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
sweet!

//
//

//
//

post #13 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Rock God

I'd love to spend some real time with the Poly kit to see how it stacks up against my AEV and the RK I had before that.

post #14 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 04:00 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
I'd love to spend some real time with the Poly kit to see how it stacks up against my AEV and the RK I had before that.
Let us know if your ever in the area... Anyone can come take a test drive any time.

//
//

//
//

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode