Happy with your 2.5" Teraflex Lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Question Happy with your 2.5" Teraflex Lift

I am looking at purchasing the coil/shock lift for my 2010 Sport Unlimited and just want to see how everyone likes it. I have heard that people use adj front track bars and front LCAs for this lift, but I don't have the money for those yet and I don't want my ride to be effected too much since this will be my daily driver.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 AM
Rock God

I have the TF 2.5 coil/shock lift on mine. I didn't put anything on it except what came with the lift and I have NO complaints whatsoever. I love it to death and would recommend it to anyone! This is my only vehicle and I've done craploads of long distance trips with a very comfortable ride! I don't think you need all the extras personally.
post #3 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Rock God

^^^^ ditto.

granted, i've only had mine on for a few weeks, so i should be happy with it right?

i also did not opt for the adj arms. don't think the lift is big enough and it's my daily driver, so i'm not going balls crazy wheeling either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 07:46 AM
JKowners Vendor

What height of lift are you considering? Are you keeping stock wheels? I ask because it makes a big difference in what you will get.

Teraflex's fills a very necessary niche in the market, providing readily available, inexpensive kits so you can get tall fast, and fit some bigger tires. They have made huge strides to improve customer service and some of them are great contributors on this very forum.

As with most things, you get what you pay for. Let me preface my next statements by saying that the experience I have had may be unique in that our Jeeps get worked day in and day out, so problems we have with Jeeps are problems that may never surface on a "civilian" Jeep or won't surface for many years. That said, we have many issues with hardware on the the 2.5" Teraflex spacer lifts (I have NOT used their 2.5 springs on JK's, only TJ's): sway bar links rub your stock wheels (or the frame if you flip them), rear track bar bracket will smash your aftermarket shock (but not your factory shock if you use the shock spacers), etc. We have clients with the same issues, but they all wheel hard, and, as such, have been swapping out components to attain the functionality they want.

Based on my experiences, I would not "recommend" a Teraflex 2.5" lift with stock wheels or with the passenger-side rear track bar relocator bracket, but you will find plenty of people on here who have a variety of Teraflex lifts and love them.

Happy trails,

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #5 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Rock God

I wouldn't recomment the TF spacer lift either. He's talking about the coils and shocks.. that's a totally different lift. I wheel the hell out of my Jeep and have never had a single issue. *knock on wood*
post #6 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 08:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
rear track bar bracket will smash your aftermarket shock (but not your factory shock if you use the shock spacers), etc. We have clients with the same issues, but they all wheel hard, and, as such, have been swapping out components to attain the functionality they want.
I have the TF 2.5" spring lift with TF9550 shocks. I don't have a problem with my rear track bar bracket "smashing" the shock, and I wheel it very hard.

That being said, I'll probably eventually go to an adjustable rear track bar and lose the bracket.

Vidi, vici, veni

2008 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler
post #7 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to benmar2000

I love mine.. Great lift.. Running the coils and shocks.. This past year I have hammered on it pretty good and flexed the crap out of it.. Great lift for the price.. I am like Ogie though.. Going to ditch the drop bracket for an adj trac bar down the road...

Vote - Bacon for 2012!!!
Power to the People!!! Time for a Revolution!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
roll, roll, roll your joint, twist is at the end, light it up and take a puff now pass it to a friend.
post #8 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Rock God

Garage

would a teraflex 2.5 coil lift be good enough for someone who doesn't wheel all the time more like a trail every two months but the trails that i do are/can be pretty rough, mostly rocks, sand, ect, mainly desert trails. i want something thats not gonna rape the wallet but that i can trust when i'm way out in the middle of nowhere. someone who is in the business and familiar with quality parts, please your input....
-thanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I sometimes miss 70's bush
post #9 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 09:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have the teraflex 2.5" shocks and coils. Because I have a 2-door, I ended up getting 3.5" of lift. My rear drive shaft went out after my first time wheeling so I upgraded both shafts to JE Reels, got upper rear adjustable control arms and front lower adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, fixed the alignment and pinion angles, and now could not be happier.

On a 2-door, this lift puts the jeep high enough to need the additional components IMO.

On a 4-door that doesn't get wheeled hard, you should be fine with just the lift as you get a true 2.5" of lift and the longer drive shaft can absorb that without trouble. Though you will need to purchase wheel spacers if you plan on using the stock wheels - this will cost you an additional $100.

The quality of components are great, as is Teraflex service. Best bang for the buck lift to clear 35s IMO.
post #10 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 09:32 AM
JKO Addict!

great lift nuff said

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #11 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I have had many of the 2.5" coil kits installed on JK's with no issues or problems. The ride is great and the price is great. For the best pricing give us a call!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #12 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Rock God

Garage

-thanx j

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I sometimes miss 70's bush
post #13 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Rock God

Great lift, been running it a little over a year. I did upgrade to an adj front. Nothing happened that caused this, I just did it because I felt like it.

Highly recommend the lift.

2014 Rubi Unlimited

2008 2dr X SOLD
with some chit on it
post #14 of 18 Old 12-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Happy with your 2.5" Teraflex Lift
Yes

2 1/2" coil lift w/ shocks.
post #15 of 18 Old 12-19-2009, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
great lift nuff said
Just because you said this, I ordered mine yesterday.
post #16 of 18 Old 12-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Rock God

Si....I like my TF 2.5 and with the UNL Rubi springs I have a 3.5" lift.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #17 of 18 Old 12-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Wheeler

it's freekin wonderful........makes my 4dr a whole different and better machine both on and offroad.........
post #18 of 18 Old 12-27-2009, 04:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
Just because you said this, I ordered mine yesterday.
glad I could help!! nuff said

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode