35" MTR/K's with 3.5" Lift? Nope! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 12-17-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DiscoBayJoe
35" MTR/K's with 3.5" Lift? Nope!

Whoops!

So I turned into a parking lot today at a construction site. There was a Christy Box sticking out of the ground, unmarked and obscured. I didn't see it (I wasn't paying close enuff attention). I hit it at about 15 miles an hour. It was probably sticking up about 5-6", so that's a pretty big object to just smash over. It was big enuff to push my tire up into the wheel well and rip off a flare! Jeep seems OK. Drives Straight, No Wobbles. Ironic part is just got an alignment yesterday! (altho, not perfect yet, see my ESP thread).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2008 JKUR 3.5" Frankenlift : RK/Artec/Synergy/Reid/Currie/PSC - Spyder'd Out - 35" MTR/K's on Spyderlocks - BinksFab Tailgate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Nice custom work there. Shouldn't have hit the flare though, does it hit on normal articulation?

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-17-2009, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Nice custom work there. Shouldn't have hit the flare though, does it hit on normal articulation?
I haven't had a chance to ramp it out on anything to test. Only had the lift for 2 weeks

2008 JKUR 3.5" Frankenlift : RK/Artec/Synergy/Reid/Currie/PSC - Spyder'd Out - 35" MTR/K's on Spyderlocks - BinksFab Tailgate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 12-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Wheeler

i run 35's with a 3.5 in life and have never even came close on the rear. I like the fenderless look

07 Rubicon 2 Door Soft top 6 Speed
Rubicon Express 3.5in Superflex System
Skidrow skid plates
Kilby Muffler Skid
35x12.50x17 Intrco Truxus M/T's
Eagle Alloy Rims
post #5 of 11 Old 12-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Openly Hostile

Are you running 3" bump stop extensions?

Jason
post #6 of 11 Old 12-17-2009, 09:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBayJoe View Post
I haven't had a chance to ramp it out on anything to test. Only had the lift for 2 weeks
I twisted mine up before i cut my flares with a 2.5" lift and didn't contact the outside of the flare.

With NO bump stop extensions

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #7 of 11 Old 12-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
I twisted mine up before i cut my flares with a 2.5" lift and didn't contact the outside of the flare.

With NO bump stop extensions

just a friendly advice, move your hilift from that location, my buddy had it like you, and bent the shit out of it at River Rock this year...brand new
post #8 of 11 Old 12-17-2009, 09:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Man that hi-lift has been hit a ton of times. Holds up like a champ. It's really not a concern, just used it the other day, not a lick of problems with it. A high lift won't hesitate to show you there is an issue with it either!

Thanks for the concern, but I've really not had any problems, the times I've hit it, it takes the hit without a problem. It's sacrificial to the Jeep gods if it goes down during battle

post #9 of 11 Old 12-18-2009, 09:57 AM
JKowners Vendor

We are going to take a wild guess here that the tire hit the front side of the flare and knocked it off! This "guess" tells us that the lower control arms in the rear are probably not adjusted properly! Seeing all of this, we would like you to post or pm us with your alignment specs as well so we can further aid you in your ESP problem! I think we will have more "guesses" for that one as well.

Rock Krawler
post #10 of 11 Old 12-27-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
We are going to take a wild guess here that the tire hit the front side of the flare and knocked it off! This "guess" tells us that the lower control arms in the rear are probably not adjusted properly! Seeing all of this, we would like you to post or pm us with your alignment specs as well so we can further aid you in your ESP problem! I think we will have more "guesses" for that one as well.

Rock Krawler
The inside liner for the flare is cracked on the front, so I'd bet your guess is right. The wheel looked fairly centered with the flare on, but it looks rather forward in the wheel well with the flare off.

How do I get spec's for the alignment? 4WP told me I was in spec, but didn't give me any printouts. They don't want to see me again (they basically told me that its not their problem on my last visit).

post #11 of 11 Old 12-28-2009, 07:45 AM
JKowners Vendor

DiscoBayJoe

If the front end is out of alignment it certainly is their problem! If they did not hook up a star scan or some similar device to your JK while it was on the rack to ensure the steering wheel position sensor was zeroed while the wheels were pointing straight forward on the alignment machine, there in lies the problem. All service centers do not have this capability just yet, but your local Jeep dealer certainly does.

We sent you a PM with the specs and proper procedure for alignment.

Rock Krawler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode