• Cobra 75 CB
  • Terraflex front and rear adjustable track bars
  • Currie adjustable sway bar links
  • Xmitter HID front flood light
  • Daystar interior switch panel
  • Warrior tube doors
  • Besttop bikini top

4,870 pounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Rock God

5320 for me:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Garage

Funny... I was gonna post a thread just like this.

I just weighed mine on CAT Certified Scales... Fully loaded with tools, gear, half a tank of gas it porks out to 5860lbs.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 08:13 PM
Rock God

Dang, I didn't realize that it would pack on the pounds so fast, I guess all the goodies add up quick!

HANG ON TIGHT...I SAW THIS IN A CARTOON ONCE...I THINK I CAN DO IT!!
08 4 DOOR, FLAME RED, 3" SKYJACKER LIFT, 325/70-17 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS, MOTO METAL 951 WHEELS, RANCHO REAR BUMPER/TIRE CARRIER,DAYSTAR HOOD WRANGLERS, RAINGLER GRIPS, MOPAR SLUSH MATS
post #5 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 08:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Does anyone have weight broken down by front and rear?
post #6 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

My LJ weighs 5400lbs with camping gear, family and fuel tank

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #7 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Does anyone have weight broken down by front and rear?
As a matter of fact... (Oh and I was wrong about my weight by 10lbs... its 5860lbs)

2880 front axle
2980 rear axle

Close to 50/50 and I bet if I didn't have gear and tools loaded in the back it would be 50/50.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #8 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Wheeler

My 2010 Unlimited Sport was 4400lbs with a full tank of fuel and as stock as it came from the dealer.
post #9 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Rock God

This is why I have been so concerned how much bumpers and such weigh. The more weight you have to drag around the harder it is to go, stop, turn and climb. Not to mention the extra fuel consumed.

post #10 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
This is why I have been so concerned how much bumpers and such weigh. The more weight you have to drag around the harder it is to go, stop, turn and climb. Not to mention the extra fuel consumed.
While I agree lighter is better, I really don't think it has hampered my rig at all with the wheeling I do and they dont get much heavier than mine.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #11 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 10:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
As a matter of fact... (Oh and I was wrong about my weight by 10lbs... its 5860lbs)

2880 front axle
2980 rear axle

Close to 50/50 and I bet if I didn't have gear and tools loaded in the back it would be 50/50.
Given the weight distribution, I wonder if springs rates discussed on
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19948
are too light? I dont know enough between what the rates should be and what the weight of the rig is to make a judgement. Can someone educate me on this?
post #12 of 30 Old 12-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Rock God

~ Clam

Last edited by The Clam; 12-17-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: relavancy
post #13 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 04:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremjeepn View Post
agree to a point but the bumper you got is only 20lbs lighter that my ARB, I just don't see how that really affects the rig... now I know things add up but the difference between a 5500lb rig and a 5000lb rig can't be much when it comes to performance of a Jeep.... race car? sure

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #14 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 08:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
agree to a point but the bumper you got is only 20lbs lighter that my ARB, I just don't see how that really affects the rig... now I know things add up but the difference between a 5500lb rig and a 5000lb rig can't be much when it comes to performance of a Jeep.... race car? sure
500 pounds is a big difference on a Jeep too. Thats an extra 500 acting on your suspension everytime you go over something and thats an extra 500 the engine has to pull around. Have you ever noticed a difference between driving by yourself or having 2-3 people in the car? The 2-3 people depending on your friends is another 500 in the Jeep.
post #15 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 08:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
500 pounds is a big difference on a Jeep too. Thats an extra 500 acting on your suspension everytime you go over something and thats an extra 500 the engine has to pull around. Have you ever noticed a difference between driving by yourself or having 2-3 people in the car? The 2-3 people depending on your friends is another 500 in the Jeep.
I understand the "drag" affect. Sure I notice a difference but what I was eluding to is it is no harder to wheel a rig by myself or with 2 passengers No doubt it affects the rig but I don't see in a "Jeep" "Wheeling" situation where it would make a difference. MPG, acceleration... no question

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #16 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

mine weighs 3880

2008 2 door X 3.73s
2.5 inch tf bb
35x12.5x15 km2s
15x8 cragar soft 8
or fab stinger
post #17 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAmphibious View Post
I understand the "drag" affect. Sure I notice a difference but what I was eluding to is it is no harder to wheel a rig by myself or with 2 passengers No doubt it affects the rig but I don't see in a "Jeep" "Wheeling" situation where it would make a difference. MPG, acceleration... no question
It makes a huge difference wheeling. That's why I usually remove the doors and sometimes even the spare. Weight means more than you would think. I've tried to climb stuff with a Jeep full of people and couldn't make it. They hopped out and I went right up.

It does matter.
post #18 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
It makes a huge difference wheeling. That's why I usually remove the doors and sometimes even the spare. Weight means more than you would think. I've tried to climb stuff with a Jeep full of people and couldn't make it. They hopped out and I went right up.

It does matter.
from your avatar you def wheel in a different environment than I do... I can see your point

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #19 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Rock God

Quote:

It does matter.
You remove your spare?!?!?! That is a sin! I'll bet you'll rely on your friends to help you if you get a flat too!!!!

Off-road.com
JK Project
Recession Cheap Cherokee
JK Project 2
post #20 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBach View Post
You remove your spare?!?!?! That is a sin! I'll bet you'll rely on your friends to help you if you get a flat too!!!!
LOL. No I only remove it when I'm at an offroad park and the spare is 5 minutes away. Plus I don't get flats.

And besides I don't have any friends.
post #21 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Rock God

Quote:

Me too. Too many Xmas presents to buy when you have friends.

Off-road.com
JK Project
Recession Cheap Cherokee
JK Project 2
post #22 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post

2880 front axle
2980 rear axle

When you told me that... i immediatley thought of Porsche's. Sports car try so hard to get that perfect balance and here we are talking about jeeps. Ironic... i swear
post #23 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
LOL. No I only remove it when I'm at an offroad park and the spare is 5 minutes away. Plus I don't get flats.

lol.

LS1, where did you go to weigh your jeep?

Jason
post #24 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
lol.

LS1, where did you go to weigh your jeep?
Not sure about LS1....but you can typically go to a truck stop with a scale. Usually a CAT authorized one.
Better yet....go to your local metal scrap yard. It's like $5 bucks! Just don't get in the commercial line. Bubba will come out and kick yer ass.

Off-road.com
JK Project
Recession Cheap Cherokee
JK Project 2
post #25 of 30 Old 12-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Garage

Cost me 9 bucks on a CAT scale at a Pilot Truck Stop.

Mt rig is a pig when it comes to weight compared to some of you.. but it has made it up every climb I have attempted... If need be I am sure I could easily shed 500+ lbs by removing the spare and doors.

I did not build my rig as a competition rock crawler, or dune buggy, mud machine or mall crawler. I built/overbuilt a multi purpose rig that could hold its own and survive in most terrains... the 60's, the 40's, the armor, the bumpers and winch all add up quick, then throw in a 100lb bag of tools, a cooler, gear and fuel. Actually I am quite surprised I only weigh in at 5860 loaded.. I was sure I was gonna be over the 6k mark. So I am quite happy with my weight.

I am quite certain you can build one that weighs less and because so possibly make it up something I can't... but that scenario is so far and few in between it isn't worth it for me to worry about it.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode