any negatives of 1 inch puck lift over springs - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to jlagross
Thumbs up any negatives of 1 inch puck lift over springs

hey all, i have a 2.5 inch rk max travel, aftermarket driveshafts, with 315/70/17 mtz's on 9.5 procomps.

I want alittle more lift, but not a lot. I will eventually go to larger springs and adjust everything such as my control arms as needed , and upgrade the rest of my steering components when the time comes.

But my question for the experts is if there is any downside to a 1 inch lift, the ones that sit ABOVE the springs, not the one that lifts the body up an inch off the frame. From my understanding the only thing that could result is a slightly more flighty feel and a needed adjustment to control arms, track bar, and driveshafts. Since i have aftermarket suspension lift anyways my handling shoudnt be affected to much if im not mistaken. If i am please correct me!

thanks
Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Granite Guru

How much armor is your Jeep running? If the answer is none you most likely gained about 3.5" from that lift, not the advertised 2.5". If you add 1" to the 3.5" lift height you will be running 4.5" of lift. At this point you need to make steering modifications and seriously start debating long arms.

If you are running the 2.5" lift height I don't see a problem with adding 1" pucks. Nothing should really change in your day to day life.

2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon
post #3 of 7 Old 12-11-2013, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

i have plans for jcr front and rear bumpers along with a 9500 ramsey winch , also ace rock sliders and fender flares. So i will be hitting the 2.5 after that. I like where she sits now tho so i do want to regain some of that. I plan on redoing all steering components anyways with aftermarket components, so if i go larger ill do it all at once!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

No immediate problems. Are you a 4door or 2door JK? I threw in some Synergy 3/4" pucks on top of my 2.5" Teraflex, gained about an inch.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #5 of 7 Old 12-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Granite Guru

With heavy bumpers, winch and 35" tire on the back I had to add spacers to bring it back up to a 2.5" spring lift.
Measure your height before/after the heavy parts go on and you can use spacers to put that height back.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 AM
JKowners Vendor

Jason

Do you have a 2 door or a 4 door? Going spacers over coils will not effect you too much, but if you wanted to upgrade to our new 3.5" Triple Rates, you would receive a prior customer discount on the coils, improve your ride quality, improve suspension travel capabilities, and gain the extra inch you are looking for… Hope that helps. Thanks for choosing RK

RK
post #7 of 7 Old 12-14-2013, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I have a 2 door, I do want the 3.5 inch coils, but i simply cant bite the bullet yet. Plus the 3.5 plus a puck... she would look good... But for now, i may do the puck, and always have them for later if i chose... thank you everybody for the help !

RK if you could pm me the cost of new springs i would appreciate it! anything else id need?

Thanks
Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode