Three years later, Phase two is complete - with 60's! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Three years later, Phase two is complete - with 60's!

I picked up a set of Solid Dana 60's from RDY4RKS almost three years ago. Shortly after RDY took them out of his Jeep, I sent the rear back to Matt at Solid Axle Industries to have it converted to FF. The axles have been in storage since I got the rear back from Solid (almost two years ago), but I finally got everything installed. Actually, I didn't install much of anything due to my work schedule, so all credit goes to John Giordano of Gio Customs. I did help him with the EVO LA install, and some of the final small details, but he did all of the heavy lifting!

On to the good stuff - build details and pics!

Specs:

-Tribe 4x4 coilover mounts with Radflo 12" coil overs, bump stop mounts and Radflo bump stops - valving and spring rates for the coilovers based on Desert Dog's suggestions.

-Solid Dana 60's courtesy of RDY4RKS - Warn lock out hubs, ARB lockers, 5.13 gears, ball joint front and FF rear (Matt at Solid used my axle for the prototype JK FF conversion (after months of my nagging him) It has the EVO PSC ram mount skid, but I haven't ordered the PSC steering yet. It will be ordered soon. I upgraded the wheel studs to 9/16 on the front to match the rear after the FF conversion.

-Atlas 4.3:1 2 speed T case with the upgraded front output - 32 spline vs 26.

-EVO Lever rear The rear axle already had all of the brackets for the EVO set up, and I figured if it worked for RDY, it would be fine for me. If you haven't seen his set up, check it out - quick preview: 6.1L Hemi and MTR Kevlar 42's!

-EVO Long Arm with rear high clearance spade brackets - keeps everything nice and tucked up - no more low hanging rear LCA brackets!

-Currie Anti Rock front sway bar - I have the rear also, but haven't installed it. On road I don't really feel that much difference - my rear isn't swishy. I haven't had it off road yet, so I'll decide if I need the rear set up later.

-Raceline Monster Beadlocks - black with the Aluminum rings (again courtesy of RDY - part of the package deal with the axles).

-EVO engine, trans and crossmember skids, and the Poly gas tank skid. I'm running the stock T-case skid for now - we'll see how it holds up.

Ruff Stuff 7/8 heim steering kit for the drag link and tie rod - thanks to Hitmoney for the heads up on them. I went with the Poly front and rear track bars.

- PSC Aluminum Narrow Flares will be here next week. I'm going to run flare less on the rear for now - we'll see how much trouble I get in around town. I might add the rear PSC flares later, not sure.

Pics:

New rear stance - it's about 2" wider than with the stock axles:

Atlas installed:

sPod, ARB compressor and locker air lines - I still have to wire up the compressor and locker solenoids to the sPod, and hook up the sPod air gauge:

Front Axle breather:

I ran the rear axle and T-case breathers up into the tub and zip tied them behind the tail lights.

Twin sticks!!:

Front axle and tie rod:

Tribe 4x4 mounts and Radflo coilovers and bumps:

Pretty much the final stance. I'm going to raise the rear up just a little more to even it up with the front. Ordering 40's in the spring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
So someone thinks RDY4RKS' 6.1 hemi, solid axle, arb'd, atlas'd, long arm'd, 42'd jeep is cookie cutter? Fuck it. Im going outside and burning mine to dust. There is no hope.

Last edited by Red Rock; 12-08-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Granite Guru

thats a pretty badass build!

Daily driven and self sponsored

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 X RK X factor 5.5 long arm w/coilovers, Coast front ds, adams rear shaft, 5.13's, Detroit rear/ e-locker front, Ten factory front & rear shafts, artec c gussets, synergy ball joints, rockhard offroad cage, ipcw tails, aev corners, warn xd9000i, bestop element doors, 37" bfg km2's, 17" TR beadlocks
post #3 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macknjack View Post
thats a pretty badass build!
X2, looks good; nice job.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
X2, looks good; nice job.
Thanks Pig. Your gas tank skid is extra beefy! My stock one was beat to hell. I'll do my best to try and mangle the new one, but don't think I'll have to worry too much about it.

JD

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinness View Post
So someone thinks RDY4RKS' 6.1 hemi, solid axle, arb'd, atlas'd, long arm'd, 42'd jeep is cookie cutter? Fuck it. Im going outside and burning mine to dust. There is no hope.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 04:36 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rock View Post
Thanks Pig. Your gas tank skid is extra beefy! My stock one was beat to hell. I'll do my best to try and mangle the new one, but don't think I'll have to worry too much about it.

JD
Yea, your not gonna have a problem man

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #6 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 07:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Bonerrific

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #7 of 7 Old 12-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Rock God

Sweet. Can't wait to see this thing running around at RC again.

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode