I picked up a set of Solid Dana 60's from RDY4RKS almost three years ago. Shortly after RDY took them out of his Jeep, I sent the rear back to Matt at Solid Axle Industries to have it converted to FF. The axles have been in storage since I got the rear back from Solid (almost two years ago), but I finally got everything installed. Actually, I didn't install much of anything due to my work schedule, so all credit goes to John Giordano of Gio Customs.
I did help him with the EVO LA install, and some of the final small details, but he did all of the heavy lifting!
On to the good stuff - build details and pics!
-Tribe 4x4 coilover mounts with Radflo 12" coil overs, bump stop mounts and Radflo bump stops - valving and spring rates for the coilovers based on Desert Dog's suggestions.
-Solid Dana 60's courtesy of RDY4RKS - Warn lock out hubs, ARB lockers, 5.13 gears, ball joint front and FF rear (Matt at Solid used my axle for the prototype JK FF conversion (after months of my nagging him)
It has the EVO PSC ram mount skid, but I haven't ordered the PSC steering yet. It will be ordered soon. I upgraded the wheel studs to 9/16 on the front to match the rear after the FF conversion.
-Atlas 4.3:1 2 speed T case with the upgraded front output - 32 spline vs 26.
-EVO Lever rear
The rear axle already had all of the brackets for the EVO set up, and I figured if it worked for RDY, it would be fine for me. If you haven't seen his set up, check it out - quick preview: 6.1L Hemi and MTR Kevlar 42's!
-EVO Long Arm with rear high clearance spade brackets - keeps everything nice and tucked up - no more low hanging rear LCA brackets!
-Currie Anti Rock front sway bar - I have the rear also, but haven't installed it. On road I don't really feel that much difference - my rear isn't swishy. I haven't had it off road yet, so I'll decide if I need the rear set up later.
-Raceline Monster Beadlocks - black with the Aluminum rings (again courtesy of RDY - part of the package deal with the axles).
-EVO engine, trans and crossmember skids, and the Poly gas tank skid. I'm running the stock T-case skid for now - we'll see how it holds up.
Ruff Stuff 7/8 heim steering kit for the drag link and tie rod - thanks to Hitmoney for the heads up on them. I went with the Poly front and rear track bars.
- PSC Aluminum Narrow Flares will be here next week. I'm going to run flare less on the rear for now - we'll see how much trouble I get in around town. I might add the rear PSC flares later, not sure.
New rear stance - it's about 2" wider than with the stock axles:
sPod, ARB compressor and locker air lines - I still have to wire up the compressor and locker solenoids to the sPod, and hook up the sPod air gauge:
Front Axle breather:
I ran the rear axle and T-case breathers up into the tub and zip tied them behind the tail lights.
Front axle and tie rod:
Tribe 4x4 mounts and Radflo coilovers and bumps:
Pretty much the final stance. I'm going to raise the rear up just a little more to even it up with the front. Ordering 40's in the spring!