Dynatrac PR60 and PR80 delivered! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Dynatrac PR60 and PR80 delivered!

On Tuesday morning Fed Ex dropped off my new axles at the Fab shop. They look great. The welds are awesome and the brakes look massive.

I have some pictures and am trying to figure out how to post them but had no luck last night. In addition to changing out the axles I'm going with a custom long arm in the front and King Coil-overs. The rear is staying standard arm for now.

I kind of went all out on the axles. They are have 4.88 gears and ARB's front and rear. The PR80 doesn't really have options beyond gear choice. The 80 is full float and I went to a Dodge 8x6.5" bolt pattern. On the front I went with RCV shafts, Dynatracs PR ball joints, the Big Brake package (14.5" rotor), their crossover steering. stub hub and Dynaloc hub. I also had it left bare of brackets as the shop will be installing their own.

Dynatrac really came through for me on delivery as I didn't finalize the specs on the package until three weeks ago. Since i have to change wheels I went to Hutchison Rock Monster dual headlocks and there was some question whether the split two piece wheels would clear the Big Brake Package. The wheel I wanted finally became available and I had one sent to Dynatrac for a test fit. They cleared and we proceeded. The 14.5 brake package uses a totally different steering knuckle so the massive caliper bolts right to the knuckle with no adapters.

I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do it. I created an album but can't access them on my Mac.

08 JKU Rubi, GM 6.2 LS, 6L80 6 sp automatic, Atlas 4 sp TC, Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear and in front PR60 w RCV shafts, DynaLock w Stub hubs, 4.88 gears and ARB Lockers, 4.0" lift, Synergy Long Arm, King coilovers, 40" Nitto's, Hutchison Rock Monster wheels, GenRight alum bumper and fenders, GenRight 20 gal aux gas tank, PSC steering, Warn Zeon 12K.

2nd Jeep is a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland with a 5.7 Hemi, Quadra-Lift Suspension and Quadra-Drive II. My wife says I can't do anything to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Slow and Low

Without pics, I only got a pre-jac drip. I'll be back later to finish myself off.
post #3 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
Without pics, I only got a pre-jac drip. I'll be back later to finish myself off.
Roflmao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Rock God

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see.

Where are you having the work done?
post #5 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Fucking tease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Rock God

Host then post. Not rocket science chief.

Looking forward to seeing those huge hunks of steel.
post #7 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Rock God

fml
...and I'm yankin' teeth just to get a 44/60 set.

Please, don't tell me you're droppin' a Cummins in it.
post #8 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Granite Guru

He already has a 6.2 LS.
post #9 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Rock God

photobucket.com. how do people not get this yet
post #10 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 07:10 PM
TJT
Rock God

Subscribed.

Eagerly awaiting pictures.
post #11 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Rock God

here are the pictures for Chuck
Attached Images

Texas Complete Truck Center
5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Wheeler

I just #%^#+#*^# in my pants.....
post #13 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
it hurts, I don't want to laugh, but seriously....

I finally understand JustEmptyEveryPocket...
post #14 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 11:29 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavallini03 View Post
Sounds awesome, can't wait to see.

Where are you having the work done?
Da fuq? Alone in front of his computer, surely.

Those axles are badass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #15 of 38 Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Da fuq? Alone in front of his computer, surely.

Those axles are badass!
Fo' sho.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #16 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Steve, how did you post the photos? Are they from my Facebook posting? I'm new to the Mac and somehow could not do it. Is photo bucket the answer? If so I'll shoot the photos there.

It looks like we are going to have a weeks delay on getting the King coilovers so we are going to wait a week to start the install - the wife wants to go wheeling in the snow this weekend. King has somebody that is very familiar with putting coil overs on JK's so we weighed it, front back and total, send the info over to them and they are working their magic. I'm also going to have the rear King shocks rebuilt and re-valved for this specific vehicle.

I also wanted to knowhow much the axles added in weight so I wanted a before and after weight. Without the ARB fridge, chain saw and a few other things I was 2820 front, 3320 rear and 6020 total. Loaded for camping with extra fuel and water, tent, cots, etc we weigh about 6800. I'm going to weight the Hutchison wheels and also the AEV beadlocks coming off. It seems like the Hutchisons are much heavier than the Pintlers.

I can't wait to get this done!

08 JKU Rubi, GM 6.2 LS, 6L80 6 sp automatic, Atlas 4 sp TC, Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear and in front PR60 w RCV shafts, DynaLock w Stub hubs, 4.88 gears and ARB Lockers, 4.0" lift, Synergy Long Arm, King coilovers, 40" Nitto's, Hutchison Rock Monster wheels, GenRight alum bumper and fenders, GenRight 20 gal aux gas tank, PSC steering, Warn Zeon 12K.

2nd Jeep is a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland with a 5.7 Hemi, Quadra-Lift Suspension and Quadra-Drive II. My wife says I can't do anything to it!
post #17 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 05:30 AM

Damm.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #18 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 07:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Dare I ask the price tag for those suckers

post #19 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Granite Guru

That's gonna be awesome with a 6.2, I'm thinking mine is probably about the same weight with all my armor.

For pictures on the Mac just open Iphoto and select a picture. Choose "File" menu then "Export". I just send it to my desktop so it's easy to find. When it comes up as size and quality pick "medium" on both then it will be under desktop when you browse for photo's to post.

Easier than it sounds.

Sean
post #20 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Dare I ask the price tag for those suckers
19,077 including delivery via FedEx Freight Priority.

A few things to note. The price is about 500 less due to deleting front bracketry, the RCV shafts are a hefty 1695 addition, there may be cheaper options for lockers than ARB's, Dyna's ProSteer ball joints were 436, the stub hub was 349 and the Dynaloc locking hub was 429 (Warn locking hub is std), and the Big Brake package was 629.

There are no upgrade options on the rear 80 as Dyna threw the kitchen sink at it; but a major cost increase is going full float. As I recall going from a semi-float 60 to a full float 60 costs and additional 2500. After making that choice the upgrade to the 80 was, as I recall 572.

By eliminating some options I could have saved 3038 on the front axle (and keeping the brackets). I could have saved 572 by going with a FF 60 or about 3100 going with a semi float 60. So a 60/FF80 could have been done for 16k and a 60/SF80 for 13k.

After spending the bucks on the 6.2L I decided I'd be wheeling this thing for the next twenty years and I might as well do things right and once. My wife now calls it our "Forever Jeep".

post #21 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 AM

So all told over $80,000 into her when shes done? Jeep I mean.

Quote:
Quote:
post #22 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgo70 View Post
That's gonna be awesome with a 6.2, I'm thinking mine is probably about the same weight with all my armor.

For pictures on the Mac just open Iphoto and select a picture. Choose "File" menu then "Export". I just send it to my desktop so it's easy to find. When it comes up as size and quality pick "medium" on both then it will be under desktop when you browse for photo's to post.

Easier than it sounds.

Sean
Here is a try at adding a picture. It is the only one Steve didn't get posted. It shows the rear J8 brake and the 8 lug hub.

post #23 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
So all told over $80,000 into her when shes done? Jeep I mean.
Yeah basically. I just added things up quickly and I figured I'm in it 80,000. That includes 20,000 for the LS but I got a steal on the engine. Without the screaming deal on the engine it would have been another 5000. I figure to duplicate it, if it were totaled or stolen would cost me 90k if i found a used JK for 30k.

So I have a stated value insurance policy and have it insured for 90,000. It sounds a little of the top doesn't it? As the money was spent incrementally it didn't feel that way as it was done.

post #24 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 09:35 AM

But like you said, "forever jeep".

Quote:
Quote:
post #25 of 38 Old 12-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Rock God

Thanks for the price breakdown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode