Teraflex JK D44 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 11-23-2013, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Teraflex JK D44

Anyone out there running TF's D44 housing in front? Wondering how they're holding up so far.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 11-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Got one and after about 10 months, it's held up great!

[
post #3 of 32 Old 11-24-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

How did the install go?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 11-24-2013, 07:12 PM
JKO Addict!

I have one, havent had any problems with it. Although i havent wheeled with it yet, i can say that it is beefy. A shop installed mine because it was already there for other reasons. But I dont see installing it be difficult at all.

2010 Mango 2dr 6spd Rubicon
PSC BFH front and rear, Warn 9.5cti with viking synth line, Rigid duallys, RROR full skid,
RK 2.5 max travel pro with RRDs, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Tera 44 front, Tera 60 rear with 4.88s
post #5 of 32 Old 11-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
How did the install go?

Install was a piece of cake. I didn't have any issues.

Tim

[
post #6 of 32 Old 11-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Rock God

I've built a few now for guys and they are very nice housings and they are holding up great.

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 32 Old 11-27-2013, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I see Northridge has a 15% of deal going....May be time to pull the string!

post #8 of 32 Old 11-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Rock God

One person in our group running one with 37s. No issues to far. 4 months on it, as I recall.

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #9 of 32 Old 11-27-2013, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Ordered.

post #10 of 32 Old 11-27-2013, 10:05 PM
JKO Addict!

I would not waste the money on it or the pro rock 44.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #11 of 32 Old 11-27-2013, 10:37 PM
V8 dreams

That 15% off deal is tempting.

2010 Silver JKU
post #12 of 32 Old 11-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
I would not waste the money on it or the pro rock 44.
Any reason why?

RK 2.5MT w/ Fox remotes. Front Rubicon axle with Terraflex sleeves & upper C gussets & self made axle truss & skids. Rear Rubicon axles with self made skids. Stock 4:10 gears. 37x12.5x17 Nitto Trail Grapple on stock painted wheels. XRC8000Comp winch on stock stubby bumper. Smitty overhead console. Uniden CB w/ 105" whip. DiabloSport Trinity.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
post #13 of 32 Old 11-28-2013, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Because they use the same shitty unit bearing hubs as the factory axle. Most people don't think about getting them in an added width s you can run bigger wider tires without spacers. At minimum if running 37x12.5" tires you should be looking at a 68.5" wms axle with a 4.5" bs wheel. Factory width axles with a 3" bs wheel. A stronger lock out hub will also allow you to disconnect the front driveline for better fuel economy and would allow you to drive should something break up front. You can add the spyntec hubs to the pro rock or the rubicon axle but once you add that to a completely built pro rock 44 you will be at what a d60 will cost.

At minimum I would look at the hybrid 44/60 if I were going to do a 44 up front.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #14 of 32 Old 11-28-2013, 09:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Because they use the same shitty unit bearing hubs as the factory axle. Most people don't think about getting them in an added width s you can run bigger wider tires without spacers. At minimum if running 37x12.5" tires you should be looking at a 68.5" wms axle with a 4.5" bs wheel. Factory width axles with a 3" bs wheel. A stronger lock out hub will also allow you to disconnect the front driveline for better fuel economy and would allow you to drive should something break up front. You can add the spyntec hubs to the pro rock or the rubicon axle but once you add that to a completely built pro rock 44 you will be at what a d60 will cost.

At minimum I would look at the hybrid 44/60 if I were going to do a 44 up front.
x2 on those reasons, I'd really like a Hybrid under the front of mine. I really would like a wider axle up there more than anything else. Lockouts are just icing on the cake.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #15 of 32 Old 11-28-2013, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:

I'm staying with D44 because I want to keep weight down. I have Spyntecs so I have the manual hub issue covered. I'm sure they're not as robust as Dynatracs 60 stuff, but they do ditch the unit bearings. The Spyntecs required chromolys and CTMs, so we're in good shape for the time being axle shaft & u-joint wise. If this works I'll swap in slugs in place of the Warn hubs for serious trails. First step will be to swap everything (diff assy, shafts, Reids, Spyntecs) over to the new housing and dial in the caster/pinion angle. Phase two will be as needed, RCVs and if the stock locker takes a dump, starting the swapover to ARBs.

post #16 of 32 Old 11-28-2013, 11:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I like mine. I went with the R44 housing. The install was about 15 hours, but it was very straight forward. I did everything except the gears, which I had a guy at Adrenaline Offroad do. I agree with what dirtman and goody are saying, but if you can get a good price you can't beat it for an overall stronger housing.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #17 of 32 Old 11-28-2013, 03:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
I like mine. I went with the R44 housing. The install was about 15 hours, but it was very straight forward. I did everything except the gears, which I had a guy at Adrenaline Offroad do. I agree with what dirtman and goody are saying, but if you can get a good price you can't beat it for an overall stronger housing.
And caster

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #18 of 32 Old 11-28-2013, 05:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
And caster

3 degrees w/no drive line vibes.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #19 of 32 Old 11-30-2013, 04:30 PM
JKowners Vendor

I have run a TeraFlex HD44 in my JK throughout this year. I have the standard .250 wall 3.25" diameter housing. My axle is 3.5" wider per side for a total width increase of 7" I raced the KOH EMC Challenge, full week of beating it up in Moab for Easter Jeep Safari, and raced a full season of Lucas Regional Short Course. I have swapped the ring and pinion 3 times trying to find the best gear ratio for me. My housing is still in perfect condition, no bending, and the original inner axle shaft seals are still good with no leaking. I am going to put a Spyntec Conversion in the axle in the next month in preparation for the upcoming 2014 EMC Race. I don't think that you can go wrong with this axle. (reasonable tire size and vehicle weight considering). My Jeep was so much faster through the whoops losing the weight of the Dana 60 when I swapped to the Tera HD 44. Just throw in some TeraFlex or Poly HD Ball Joints, RCV Shafts, Sierra Gears and your choice of locker and let it rip!
post #20 of 32 Old 12-03-2013, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse Off Road View Post
I have run a TeraFlex HD44 in my JK throughout this year. I have the standard .250 wall 3.25" diameter housing. My axle is 3.5" wider per side for a total width increase of 7" I raced the KOH EMC Challenge, full week of beating it up in Moab for Easter Jeep Safari, and raced a full season of Lucas Regional Short Course. I have swapped the ring and pinion 3 times trying to find the best gear ratio for me. My housing is still in perfect condition, no bending, and the original inner axle shaft seals are still good with no leaking. I am going to put a Spyntec Conversion in the axle in the next month in preparation for the upcoming 2014 EMC Race. I don't think that you can go wrong with this axle. (reasonable tire size and vehicle weight considering). My Jeep was so much faster through the whoops losing the weight of the Dana 60 when I swapped to the Tera HD 44. Just throw in some TeraFlex or Poly HD Ball Joints, RCV Shafts, Sierra Gears and your choice of locker and let it rip!
Thanks, THAT is what I needed to hear! Housing is ordered and I hope on its way from Teraflex. Wish I could do the install myself but I'm recovering from rotator cuff surgery and can't swing any heavy wrenches until March at the earliest. Will farm it out to a local shop.

post #21 of 32 Old 12-05-2013, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Look what showed up about an hour ago!! If I didn't have an injured wing on the mend this would be going in tomorrow!

post #22 of 32 Old 12-05-2013, 06:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Purdy, ain't it!

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #23 of 32 Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

If it was a girl I'd.....

post #24 of 32 Old 12-05-2013, 06:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Oooh nice !!!!

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #25 of 32 Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Wheeler

Looks pretty nice Jerry!!

Seth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode