TF long arm to MC joints - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-22-2013, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
TF long arm to MC joints

Just wondering who here has done any swapping of the TF long arm flex joints to the MC joints.

For the last few weeks I've been waiting on TF to get their upper joint rebuild kits in for the front long arms. Mine are shot and have probably been shot for longer than I've been aware.

I'm tired of waiting for something I want to replace with something else so I ordered some joints from MC which will be a cut and weld deal but I'm OK with that.

In the future I'll be replacing all my joints with MC as I've been in love with their stuff for quite some time.

So any reviews on how the swap over went would be fantastic.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Rock God

Will at metal cloak is sending us the replacements for our jeep. A few people have used them with a lot of success

Texas Complete Truck Center
5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 PM
JKO Addict!

I run them at the frame side on all my arms and they have been holding up fine.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
I run them at the frame side on all my arms and they have been holding up fine.
More looking for info for how the switch went. As far as the lowers go, MC offers replacement joints so that's simple. Except of course for the frame side which will be cut and weld. The frame side uppers entail cutting the shank and welding new sleeves on to accept the MC joints. Not a huge deal but just looking to hear from people that have done the cut and weld switch and anything to watch out for.

Honestly I can't wait to make the switch, I was leary at first when the DF joint came out but after a couple years of not reading anything bad to say about the DF joints I'm ready.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-22-2013, 07:36 PM
JKO Addict!

It might be easier to weld in a threaded bung and use a full joint.
But since you are going to be welding a fixed end on it just take your time and grind the old weld off so you get a good fit for the new weld. I build my own arms and it is pretty straight forward. The joints are held together with a snap ring and a couple of washers.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #6 of 6 Old 11-22-2013, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
It might be easier to weld in a threaded bung and use a full joint.
But since you are going to be welding a fixed end on it just take your time and grind the old weld off so you get a good fit for the new weld. I build my own arms and it is pretty straight forward. The joints are held together with a snap ring and a couple of washers.
The way I gather it from MC I'm going to be welding the new joint to the threaded TF stud since TF uses a different thread count than every other company out there for their upper joints.

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode