How's your MC lift holding up? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

How's your MC lift holding up?

MetalCloak. They've been out for some time now. Just wondering how everybody's kits are holding up after havin a few trips and miles put on them. Havent seen any threads recently on this. Just lookin for some input before I pull the trigger on MC or RK. Doesn't really matter what size you're running, or 2 or 4dr. just wantin some reviews on the parts themselves, issues you've had, that BS.

'64 CJ-5, '74 Bronco, '79 CJ-7, '84 CJ-7, '92 XJ, '96 XJ, '99 XJ, '01 TJ, '01 XJ, 2013 JKU.

2013 Commando Green JKU
35x12.50/17 Falken Rocky Moutain ATS
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
Diablo Sport Trinity (garbage)
Sleeve, Truss, ARB, Chromo D30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Granite Guru

I have had the Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer Lite on my 09 JKu for about 10,000 miles. I have done about ten rock crawling trips with it also to Florence Junction (Box Canyon, Elvis, Random Washes, Coke Ovens, etc...). I personally would say go with Metalcloak.

Your Jeep will drive and handle like factory but dominate the Arizona Off road areas. I am located near Florence and am hosting a run Friday if you want to come out and see it.

2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon
post #3 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

drive-ability is def a concern for me. i got mine in august and i have over 5k on it already. i live in goodyear and work at the nuke plant out west. 80 miles round trip. so that's good to hear. i'll contact you later possibly for more details on your trip. just got off nights and heading to bed. Thanks for the reply.

'64 CJ-5, '74 Bronco, '79 CJ-7, '84 CJ-7, '92 XJ, '96 XJ, '99 XJ, '01 TJ, '01 XJ, 2013 JKU.

2013 Commando Green JKU
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Rock God

We have about 6,000 miles on one of our shop Jeeps with a MC lift. So far it's awesome! You can't go wrong with RK or MC.

STOMPER Off-Road
post #5 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Granite Guru

I have had mine on for about 10k miles and DD it 60 miles a day. It has been a great smooth riding kit. Only complaint is my 6pack shocks tend to leak and I have to refill them every few months
post #6 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have just the control arms. Installed on 3-28-12. Over 15k on them and the bushings still look great when I checked them at 10k.
Just did a 1700 mile trip from Mississippi to utah with the jeep.

You smell that?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rottenbelly; 11-20-2013 at 01:22 PM.
post #7 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Granite Guru

I only have the control arms. Not a daily driver, but I wheel the heck out of it. They are holding up great!

2010 Rescue Green JKUR
-37 Pit Bulls / Raceline beadlocks
-RJ60 rear / 5.38's / Detroit
-Rubi 44 front / sleeved and trussed / RCV's
-PSC hydro assist / Synergy TR & Drag Link
post #8 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

awesome. sounds good guys. i appreciate all your responses.

2013 Commando Green JKU
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
post #9 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Rock God

Control arms only here. 10k or so on it. Plenty of wheeling trips. Holding up great. Only use their grease (don't wd40 them).

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #10 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
I have had mine on for about 10k miles and DD it 60 miles a day. It has been a great smooth riding kit. Only complaint is my 6pack shocks tend to leak and I have to refill them every few months
Have you spoke to MC about this to see if that is normal or maybe you need replacements? Are all of them leaking? I have been looking at the Gamechanger with the 6 paks, this is the first thread I have seen about them leaking.

Rodney
Famous Last Words
"Here, hold my beer and watch this!!"
post #11 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Rock God

I have the Game Changer Lite with about 6,000 miles on it so far. I'm still lovin' it and it's holding up great.

I've only had one slight issue and it isn't MC's fault. I used lower shock relocation mounts on the rear shocks. That allowed the rear axle just a little bit more droop which was apprently enough to allow one of my springs to become useated. I was pushing things a little hard and ended up in an odd position where the passenger rear drooped enough but was pushed back just a little or something and the top portion of the spring came halfway out of it's seat, so the spring kept rubbing the sway bar until I could get it lifted enough on the driver's side to get the passenger side to droop enough again so I could reseat the spring. In retrospect I think I was going down a dirt bike trail, not a path really meant for jeeps.

Anyhow the MC lift performs. On the road it rides at least as well as stock if not better. Offroad it's very impressive in terms of flex as well as the ride quality. Not only is it a great lift, but the people at MC are top notch as well.

I gotta be me cause everyone else was already taken.
post #12 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResQteK View Post
Have you spoke to MC about this to see if that is normal or maybe you need replacements? Are all of them leaking? I have been looking at the Gamechanger with the 6 paks, this is the first thread I have seen about them leaking.
Haven't talked to MC, I got it from a dealer that ran the kit on his personal jeep and also a couple people he sold to that have had similar issues
post #13 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
Haven't talked to MC, I got it from a dealer that ran the kit on his personal jeep and also a couple people he sold to that have had similar issues
Well that is something that I will have to look into to. I know that you said you have to refill every few months, but what is the mileage estimate for your refills?

Rodney
Famous Last Words
"Here, hold my beer and watch this!!"
post #14 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

glad to hear everyone is having good experiences not only with the lift itself, but also MC as a company. Appreciate everyone's responses.

2013 Commando Green JKU
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
post #15 of 22 Old 11-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Granite Guru

Still loving mine. Better than stock.
Not sure the mileage, but a hell of lot more than my shit RK kit it replaced.

I did have to get two shocks adjusted though. It was both MC and my fault. They forgot to place covers over schrader valves. I forgot to notice.

4wp charged them for $4. MC offered to send me new shocks for my inconvenience. I declined of course, but if that doesn't vouch for their warranty and service, I don't know what will.

2009 Red Rock Rubi-MetalCloak Gamechanger + armor-37"MTR/K on 17" Birddogs-Teraflex gusset+sleeve-Yukon 5.38-LineX tub-ORH top-Igees-Shrockworks stubby-Warn Powerplant w/Viking synth
Tuffy-Genright rear-River Raider full skid-Tattons-AEV slider-Advance adapters-Poly stuff everywhere-ZERO rockrawler!!!!!! shiiite
post #16 of 22 Old 11-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Rock God

Bushings are holding up great. Durability is proving to be a non-issue.
post #17 of 22 Old 11-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Granite Guru

I've had the Game Changer Lite on for 7500 miles and 3 or 4 outings. No issues to report and it runs great on the road as a daily driver.

I installed it in January and I've had to adjust the control arms a couple of times to keep the caster dialed in as the front end is still settling in. I plan to do it again on the weekend as I'm starting to get a hint of DW.

Other than that, it has been great.

My Rides
2019 GMC Denali HD -- 2013 JK 2dr -- 2010 KTM SMT -- 2007 Triumph Speed Triple

JK Builds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--
--
post #18 of 22 Old 11-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Rock God

I like their joints so much I have them in my teraflex long arm on the LJ.

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #19 of 22 Old 11-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Don't Tread on OHV

Thank you all for the great responses and feedback...

I wanted to chime in about the 6Paks... if ANYONE has any issues with the 6Pak leaking nitrogen, please give us a call so we can take care of it for you.

We all know that reservoir shocks can leak, which is why we recommend owning a self charging kit from a company like Powertank, but leaking, if any, should be a slow and rare process, not a frequent short term problem.

One of the features that are pretty cool about the 6Paks, they have a built-in "Nitrogen Meter" that is different then most reservoir shocks. Since the body can float, if your Nitrogen is low, it will compress on one side (less then 1.5" is considered compressed) -- showing you it is time to re-charge.

Some might never notice the charge being low on a typical reservoir shock (Yes, I've been guilty of running a low charged shock for months - absolutely clueless).

Its Your Jeep, Only Better. |
|

Matson Breakey, Co-Founder & VP Marketing & Sales, MetalCloak.com | For quotes or customer service, email
or call 916-631-8071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal52 View Post
You'll love it, its almost like your in a luxuary car at first, but with the ability to climb over shit
post #20 of 22 Old 11-22-2013, 10:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Thank you all for the great responses and feedback...

I wanted to chime in about the 6Paks... if ANYONE has any issues with the 6Pak leaking nitrogen, please give us a call so we can take care of it for you.

We all know that reservoir shocks can leak, which is why we recommend owning a self charging kit from a company like Powertank, but leaking, if any, should be a slow and rare process, not a frequent short term problem.

One of the features that are pretty cool about the 6Paks, they have a built-in "Nitrogen Meter" that is different then most reservoir shocks. Since the body can float, if your Nitrogen is low, it will compress on one side (less then 1.5" is considered compressed) -- showing you it is time to re-charge.

Some might never notice the charge being low on a typical reservoir shock (Yes, I've been guilty of running a low charged shock for months - absolutely clueless).
Guys another thing to consider with any Nitrogen charged shock is the change in ambient temperature. As ambient temperatures get lower, naturally the nitrogen in the shocks will get colder so you should expect to charge the shocks going into the winter time. Most performance based shock companies recommend checking pressures after every major change in season for consumers or each race for racers.

RK
post #21 of 22 Old 11-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Wheeler

I have over 10k on mine, probably 30-40 rock crawling trips and a handfull of dirty trips. No issues, no squeaks, no creaks, no anything. Kit still out performs most people I wheel with.
post #22 of 22 Old 11-22-2013, 05:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Installing my 2.5" kit on my '14 that I picked up yesterday. It has 35 miles on it right now. I have no worries what so ever.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode