North Ridge Stock Mod Kit? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

North Ridge Stock Mod Kit?

Anyone used this?

http://northridge4x4.com/shop/rock-k...m-rkjk25sm-kit

Basically RK stock mod kit with bilstein's and a few other things thrown in.

Any thoughts on how it would compare to the AEV 2.5 kit?

I'd probably try to use the Teraflex front bump stop extensions so I don't have to do any drilling on the frame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-19-2013, 09:21 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8417 View Post
Anyone used this?

I'd probably try to use the Teraflex front bump stop extensions so I don't have to do any drilling on the frame
It is a well pieced together kit at a great price. TeraFlex's spring retainers are a great deal and their bump stops will work with this system as well. They are also offset so that if you decided to upgrade to X-Factor rear arms in the future you could essentially still use those bump stops.

This kit vs the AEV kit, you're getting adjustable track bars complete replacement sway bar disconnects instead of a fixed track bar and brackets to re-use your factory components. You're essentially spending less to gain more.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8417 View Post
Anyone used this?

The bump stops in this kit drill to the front axle pad, nothing to the frame, and no drilling in the rear. And since you're already drilling the axle for the front spring retainers..I don't see the big difference.

The Teraflex push in front bump stops are pretty bad in aesthetics and have the tendency to warp/harden up over time. They'll also be a little more entertaining to install with the spring.

AEV is hardly worth mentioning unless you're going to solely pound pavement and never upgrade further.

If nothing else, hit up the guy that posted above me, he'll get you taken care of!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 11-19-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I didn't catch what you meant on the bump stops until Goody said that. TeraFlex upper bump stop extensions are not the way to go. They will pull the coil off of the lower mount without spring retainers or the coil will pull the bump stop out with retainers. I know this from personal experience and putting coils back on the axle on the trail isn't much fun.

Just drill a small 7/16" hole in the lower spring pad at the same time you drill a hole for the spring retainers, hit it with some touch up paint, and you're good to go.

The rear lower bump stops bolt to existing holes on the axles.

post #5 of 6 Old 11-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Rock God

Hey Cody, before ordering from Northridge, give Marcus at RCO a call. I bet he can probably beat the price. He has great customer service and good prices.

I've ordered from Northridge before and can't say anything bad about my experience with them either. But lately, when I spend money, I've been spending it with RCO.

08 Unlimited: Lift, Wheels, Tires, Winch ... and an ever shrinking bank account
post #6 of 6 Old 12-23-2014, 11:13 AM
Wheeler

Bringing up an old thread. Anyone actually install this kit and can give input on how it performs/rides. This looks to be the best kit for running 35's with the factory fenders I've seen.

R.I.P. Black Sunshine
Time to start over.
HAM Tech KC0VIU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode