Driver's Seat too High- Help!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-17-2013, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Driver's Seat too High- Help!!!

I have a 2014 JKU with the adjustable driver's seat that even when down as low as it goes is still too high for me. I am 6' 6" and need to remove it or bypass it or something to get myself lower. Looking out the top quarter of the windshield really sucks!!!
Someone help me, please!

2014 Hydro Blue Polar Limited Edition JKU
Rough Country 2.5 lift with shocks, JKS Disconnects, 33X12.5 18 Toyo O C A/T II Tires, 100W KC SlimLites Driving Lights and 130 Watt Spots.
Deceased - 1999 Sport, 2005 Sport , 2006 Sport, 2011 Sahara Tan Sport, 2012 Cosmos Blue Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Granite Guru

Chop off your legs below the knee. Problem solved.

Other than that I would talk with a local fabrication shop to have some of the mounting material removed.

2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon
post #3 of 8 Old 11-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Granite Guru

Subbed because I know the feeling. I get tired having to look under the header at lights.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 JKU Sahara
Teraflex 2.5 Coil Lift w/ 9550 Shocks
Teraflex Quick Disconnects
Moto Metal 17" 950s
Nitto Trail Grapplers 35x12.5x17
Superchips Flashpaq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Granite Guru

Also subscribed for a solution. Do the suspension/race style seats (Mastercraft, PRP, etc.) that reuse the factory mount sit lower?
post #5 of 8 Old 11-17-2013, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Leather seats

I thought of getting replacement seats but mine are leather with the "Polar"emblem in the seat.

2014 Hydro Blue Polar Limited Edition JKU
Rough Country 2.5 lift with shocks, JKS Disconnects, 33X12.5 18 Toyo O C A/T II Tires, 100W KC SlimLites Driving Lights and 130 Watt Spots.
Deceased - 1999 Sport, 2005 Sport , 2006 Sport, 2011 Sahara Tan Sport, 2012 Cosmos Blue Sport
post #6 of 8 Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Rock God

I use this with washers on the front bolts under the seat bracket to tilt the seat back just a little.

http://www.misch4x4.com/bigboy_brackets.html

2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler JK - Misch 4x4 Products is proud to introduce its second generation BigBoy seat brackets for the 2007-2013 Jeep Wranglers. These brackets will fit all 2007-2013 JK four-door and all 2007-2010 JK two-door Wranglers. The second generation brackets replace the entire stock seat brackets that attach directly to the floor with Misch 4x4 BigBoy brackets moving the seat back 2 without raising the seat from its original height. This improves the comfort level for taller drivers by increasing the legroom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 Old 11-17-2013, 12:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demlockian View Post
Chop off your legs below the knee. Problem solved.
How the hell would that help if the problem is the distance from his ass to his eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers4 View Post
I have a 2014 JKU with the adjustable driver's seat that even when down as low as it goes is still too high for me. I am 6' 6" and need to remove it or bypass it or something to get myself lower. Looking out the top quarter of the windshield really sucks!!!
Someone help me, please!
Put the top down and drop the windshield. Problem solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #8 of 8 Old 11-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Wheeler

I used 1x3 box tubing and some 3/16th plate along with a chunk of 2x4 box tubing under the right rear corner. Dropped the drivers seat at least a 1 1/2". I now look through the middle of the windshield. I am not a great fabricator but it got the job done. I got the idea from another forum. That is where the picture is from. The only difference i did was I used flat plate instead of the box tubing on the font right corner. oh and move the seat back the two inches because if you don't you will have clearance issues under the font right corner where the floor rib is. Name:  custom made brackets 2..jpg
Views: 3685
Size:  87.6 KB

2010 - JK Rubicon - CAI and Superchips. Rock Krawler 3.5 xfactor midarm - 35 toyos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode