*innovate* Supercharger - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Cool *innovate* Supercharger

Found the sprintex *innovate* supercharger browsing online today for $2999 with diablo intune included and am pretty set on purchasing it here very soon.

Any of you have any latest info on these superchargers and their tuning?

I know Chippewa and a few others did this install, but had nightmares with fine tuning.

Thanks guys
Joe

2010 Jeep Sahara black 4DR
-AFE CAI
-Throttle body spacer
-KC windshield slim lites

IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN COMBAT VETERAN 2006-2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 07:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkfamilypride View Post
Found the sprintex *innovate* supercharger browsing online today for $2999 with diablo intune included and am pretty set on purchasing it here very soon.

Any of you have any latest info on these superchargers and their tuning?

I know Chippewa and a few others did this install, but had nightmares with fine tuning.

Thanks guys
Joe
I'll admit, I know next to nothing about superchargers, but I'm curious why you would purchase a SC that you know has issues. Aren't there others out there that have the bugs worked out? I hear a lot about RIPP and I haven't heard any complaints.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 07:12 AM
JKO Addict!

For a $3000 difference, people will put up with a lot.

Intercooler or anything included?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

find out what kind of tech support they offer. It will be important.

And x2 on an intercooler, you'll want that as well, it makes a difference in the output performance of the SC.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #5 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Yeah not sure why you are so dead set on a SC that ALOT of people are having issues with...If money is the main factor, look for a used kit from a more reputable company.

post #6 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 07:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Yeah not sure why you are so dead set on a SC that ALOT of people are having issues with...If money is the main factor, look for a used kit from a more reputable company.
yep. I got my Ripp used for $3400, that included a Diablosport Trinity. Runs great!

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #7 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 07:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
yep. I got my Ripp used for $3400, that included a Diablosport Trinity. Runs great!
Exactly, a buddy is selling a used Avenger for 2500 I think...

post #8 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Rock God

Best to do it right the first time or you'll spend more money down the road doing it right the second time.

Good thing you are asking questions here before throwing down that kind of cash. Definitely research the known problems about the Sprintex SC.

I've been running a RIPP Gen 2 SC w/Intercooler for over two years. Absolutely zero problems. Fired up on first start, runs great!

2008 JK Rubi on big tires and stuff, RIPP supercharger.
Various dents and scratches.
post #9 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Just wanted to say thank you for the replies. I have been doing research for months now and the sprintex seemed to be the best bang for the buck, good tech support and I like the root blowers.

The only issues were minor fine tuning. I've seen videos with the small "lag" so they say and it's barley noticeable and it was on early 07-08 jk models and last complaint was about a year ago.

My jeep being a 2010 and I talked with sprintex and they said the bugs have been worked out. Trial and error is everywhere and honestly I think a lot of the error is consumer installation.

-AFE CAI
-Throttle body spacer

post #10 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 01:16 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage
Talking

Coincidentally

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135762

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #11 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
Same thing, but the one at rpmxtreme is 3000

Seems like a good deal and being a fan of the root blower I think next payday I will be purchasing the sprintex

-AFE CAI
-Throttle body spacer

post #12 of 28 Old 11-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Rock God

I've had mine with very minimal issues since Dec last year. Mine ran error free and always improved more with updated tune.

Took it to Moab for EJS 2013 and had minimal issues. Mostly altitude and cheap fuel related. Change to a new tune for the drive home, felt like a different vehicle.

Don't let people kid you, all brand SC have their issues, even Ripp! I know of one person running a Ripp that still keeps having problems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #13 of 28 Old 11-16-2013, 08:55 AM
Rock God

I know I would be more than willing to help Jon out again with the tunes on the intercooler. As with all new products there are growing pains. I did a lot of reading before I got the Sprintex and they all have had issues in the beginning. After time and improvements and trial and error they have all over come and have become very solid products. As is the case with the Sprintex and with each improvement and addition it too will be a thing of the past.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 315/70R17 Milestar Patagonia MT , Vision Nemesis 111, 17X9 wheels
post #14 of 28 Old 11-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Rock God

Which ever way you go for brand of supercharger, I believe you will think you have a new Jeep. The extra power that a SC adds is well worth the $$. Enjoy!!

OBTW, if you are not careful with the skinny pedal, you WILL find the weak links in your drivetrain. Trust me, LOL.

2008 JK Rubi on big tires and stuff, RIPP supercharger.
Various dents and scratches.
post #15 of 28 Old 12-12-2013, 05:07 PM
JKowners Vendor

Guys we have these things on sale now for $2795
I have to make room on the shelf for the 3.6 kits.

$2795 for a brand new complete unopened kit with full factory warranty and tech support from rpmextreme.
http://www.rpmextreme.com/Product/82...arger-Kit.aspx 2011
http://www.rpmextreme.com/Product/9/...r-Jeep-JK.aspx 07-10

your offroad connection to the best southern off road Jeep parts in Alabama
post #16 of 28 Old 12-12-2013, 05:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good luck, I generally believe that you get what you pay for. Where are the dyno sheets?

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #17 of 28 Old 12-12-2013, 05:50 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Good luck, I generally believe that you get what you pay for. Where are the dyno sheets?
I guess you haven't personally seen the quality of a sprintex kit. This is not some bracket and band aid kit. They put a lot of engineering into it and it shows. Sprintex sells worldwide and makes kits for a number of vehicles and works to get cost down. Thats why we can offer these kits at this price.

Just because you pay twice as much doesn't mean you will get any better of a product.

post #18 of 28 Old 12-12-2013, 06:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME View Post
I guess you haven't personally seen the quality of a sprintex kit. This is not some bracket and band aid kit. They put a lot of engineering into it and it shows. Sprintex sells worldwide and makes kits for a number of vehicles and works to get cost down. Thats why we can offer these kits at this price.

Just because you pay twice as much doesn't mean you will get any better of a product.
Intercooler? Dyno Sheets? Headers? Injectors? Long term customer testamonials?

I'm not saying it isn't a good kit. I'd like to see a comparison is the quality of the parts compared to RIPP. Maybe even a heads up comparison.

http://www.sprintex.com.au/wp-conten...6l-V6-2013.pdf

List price plus Intercooler puts at the RIPP price.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

Last edited by BigMike; 12-12-2013 at 06:12 PM.
post #19 of 28 Old 12-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Rock God

I was one of the first installers of the Sprintex. I purchased based on the price point, the fact that it produced power from idle on up and like I said price point. Yes we did have some growing pains and quite a learning curve but Jon worked tirelessly on it until we were all satisfied with how it ran and performed, never once did I feel like we were giving a cheap version or that we did not matter everyone worked to get to the point that we are at now. Mine runs very good now and I can tell you that Sprintex stands behind there products 100% as I had and issue with mine and they took care of me no questions asked. Now that the intercooler is coming out I think this will be the next evolution for this Supercharger. I hope to be able to get one soon but price may be the only factor in my decision. In fact I would be more that willing to help test and tune one as an end user just from the experience I came away with from getting the tunes where they are now.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 315/70R17 Milestar Patagonia MT , Vision Nemesis 111, 17X9 wheels
post #20 of 28 Old 12-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Rock God

^^ Curious, what tuner and tune are you running?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #21 of 28 Old 12-13-2013, 04:21 AM
Rock God

Diablo and I think it is 1.0.2

post #22 of 28 Old 12-13-2013, 05:54 AM
JKowners Vendor

The 07-10 kits will come with hypertech tuners and the 2011 will come with diablo tuners.

The latest hypertech tune is great. If anyone is running an old version you should update it.

post #23 of 28 Old 12-13-2013, 05:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheels4life View Post
I was one of the first installers of the Sprintex. I purchased based on the price point, the fact that it produced power from idle on up and like I said price point. Yes we did have some growing pains and quite a learning curve but Jon worked tirelessly on it until we were all satisfied with how it ran and performed, never once did I feel like we were giving a cheap version or that we did not matter everyone worked to get to the point that we are at now. Mine runs very good now and I can tell you that Sprintex stands behind there products 100% as I had and issue with mine and they took care of me no questions asked. Now that the intercooler is coming out I think this will be the next evolution for this Supercharger. I hope to be able to get one soon but price may be the only factor in my decision. In fact I would be more that willing to help test and tune one as an end user just from the experience I came away with from getting the tunes where they are now.
Good info.

I'm not looking for extra power (yet) and not in the market for a SC.

When I go to the Sprintex website and see the 3.6L kit, the price is within $500 of the RIPP kit. I have no experience with either but being a long time JKO member and seeing all of the different SC companies, it seems to me like RIPP has the most reputable kit out there. That doesn't mean Sprintex (an AU company) doesn't build a good product, but in my eyes, it isn't proven yet. If I'm looking to add power to a fairly new JK, no way in hell I'm going to be a test platform for any company. I want to know they've installed a lot of these kits with thousands and thousands of proven miles. I'm still not sure that any JK with a SC is going to last over time.

Do you have any RWHP numbers for the kit that you have on your JK?

, Granite,
post #24 of 28 Old 12-13-2013, 07:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lllllll0 RPMEXTREME View Post
Guys we have these things on sale now for $2795
I have to make room on the shelf for the 3.6 kits.

$2795 for a brand new complete unopened kit with full factory warranty and tech support from rpmextreme.
http://www.rpmextreme.com/Product/82...arger-Kit.aspx 2011
http://www.rpmextreme.com/Product/9/...r-Jeep-JK.aspx 07-10
How is this tech???

post #25 of 28 Old 12-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Rock God

^^ Seriously? Don't want to be a test platform. What do you think all the people with the 3.8 that purchased Ripp's were? And I'm talk about as recent as last year.

To the OP, I'll just say that when you read about issues that people are having, Sprintex, Ripp, or any others, remember that no 2 vehicles react the same to such an add-on. Issues that already exist that you aren't aware of can come to light. No 2 installs are the same either. Installation errors happen. A simple little o-ring that isn't really worth 2 cents can plague you with issues.

And then there is the tune. With all the SC companies, unless you dyno for your vehicle, your going to use a one tune fits all tune. If you have issues, they might tweak it for you a little, but that's it unless they release a new tune altogether.

I was fortunate that I did not have the issues with my Sprintex install like others that did. Mine ran well from day one. Did it run perfect? I kind a thought so, but no it didn't, because with each new tune it was an improvement.

Mine is a DD and I've got over 8k miles on my SC now. This includes wheel'n at Moab and several places more local to me. On Highway, I can set the pace of the pack if I want too. Even when I am pulling my custom M416 expedition trailer.

For me, that's thousands and thousands of proven miles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode