Wiring ARB solenoids into the factory 2013 Diff switch - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 11-11-2013, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wiring ARB solenoids into the factory 2013 Diff switch

I am planning on ordering upgraded axles and my Rubi axles will be for sale shortly after Christmas.

I am ordering a Pro Rock 44 and 60 for my JKUR, 2013.

Can I wire the solenoids into the wire leads going to the existing electric lockers? Are the lockers in the Rubi on/off or are they some kind of goofy can bus?

I was hoping to avoid lights on the dash or check engine lights.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 11-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Wheeler

Correct me if I am wrong but arent they momentary switches? Or are they positionable?
post #3 of 21 Old 11-11-2013, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

yeah, i guess they are momentary. I don't mind running ARB switches, i just need to know what to do about the locker lights, CEL and such. I want to have a plan in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 11-11-2013, 05:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Most of the programmers on the market that support the JK will turn those lights off. I'm running the TrailDash now and have my sway bar light turned off with it.

Unless you're in love with those electric switches, take a look at manual toggle switches for the lockers. I put them in for both my axles and I love them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have a flash cal. I don't think that will do it will it? What about if I get the upgrade and get the tuner software?

Keep in mind, mine is a 2013 I don't think the flashcal will do over 2010 for locker options

I don't mind using the ARB switches at all. In fact I prefer them.
post #6 of 21 Old 11-11-2013, 09:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Independent switches will give you more options of running just the front or running them in 2 wd, both high and low speeds. The rubi switches run off the can bus and I have not seen anyone convert them to run abs switches.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #7 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

does anybody know about the lights in a 2013?
post #8 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Wheeler

I splice rocker switches on mine (to factory solenoid) but still have the factory d44. complete control of the locker all the time but without the factory locker, you can probably fool the computer by sending it a signal when the switch is on then the computer think the locker is engaged... but maybe not if it's canbus wired.
post #9 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 AM
JKO Addict!

The lights that show the lockers are on work off a plunger in the axle. If you look at the axle there are two sets of wires going to it. Your after market lockers will not have this plunger and the lights will not work. The ARB switches are lighted so you have a visual that they are on.

Some build info here:

post #10 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Maybe my question is not clear.

When I remove my axles and install the dynatrac axles with the arbs, I am installing the arb switches.

How do I prevent issues with the existing lights flashing etc? Any check engine lights?

Thanks
post #11 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 01:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman3371 View Post
Maybe my question is not clear.

When I remove my axles and install the dynatrac axles with the arbs, I am installing the arb switches.

How do I prevent issues with the existing lights flashing etc? Any check engine lights?

Thanks
You shouldn't have any issues. When I put in my Rock Jocks w/ ARBs, I never saw the lights again. Personally, I think the light is a little superfluous. I mean, if you can't tell your diff is locked by how it feels when you drive, then maybe you shouldn't be wheeling/driving anything with a locker in it.

Quote:

post #12 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 01:54 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You shouldn't have lights on the dash for the lockers.

Check out the sPOD for a simple wiring solution too. They offer a harness for the ARB wiring as well.

http://www.4x4spod.com/category_s/12.htm

Marcus

post #13 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 06:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
They offer a harness for the ARB wiring as well.
Marcus
ONLY IF you're using the ARB compressor.

Quote:

post #14 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I hope your just being funny about wheeling something with lockers and worrying about the lights.....and maybe I "shouldn't be wheeling something with lockers"

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS AM GOING TO GET A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OR FLASHING LOCKER LIGHTS WHEN I DISCONNECT THE FACTORY LOCKERS. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE LOCKSR LIGHTS.

ITS A 2013 JKU.

This isn't my first rodeo. I recently sold my TJ I had for 13 years with Dynatracs in it.

thank you.

Last edited by Milkman3371; 11-12-2013 at 07:59 PM.
post #15 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 PM
JKO Addict!

No, as it was already stated.

Some build info here:

post #16 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 08:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I hope your just being funny about wheeling something with lockers and worrying about the lights.....and maybe I "shouldn't be wheeling something with lockers"

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS AM GOING TO GET A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OR FLASHING LOCKER LIGHTS WHEN I DISCONNECT THE FACTORY LOCKERS. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE LOCKSR LIGHTS.

ITS A 2013 JKU.

This isn't my first rodeo. I recently sold my TJ I had for 13 years with Dynatracs in it.

thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
You shouldn't have any issues. When I put in my Rock Jocks w/ ARBs, I never saw the lights again. Personally, I think the light is a little superfluous. I mean, if you can't tell your diff is locked by how it feels when you drive, then maybe you shouldn't be wheeling/driving anything with a locker in it.
I wasn't saying that YOU shouldn't be wheeling with lockers. Read the bolded part... if you need a light to tell you that your diff is locked, then the statement that follows applies to you. I'm guessing that your experience driving a TJ for 13 years with Dynatracs (assuming they were locked) means you don't fit that bill.

Quote:

post #17 of 21 Old 11-12-2013, 09:38 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:

ITS A 2013 JKU.

thank you.
If you've ever turned on the lockers in the Rubicon you'll know what he meant. The lights flash and blink and wink and ect but you can't really tell that it's locked until you FEEL it. The lights aren't a solid sign that you are locked or unlocked. I believe that was all he was trying to tell us. Not that you were an idiot or anything of the sort.

You won't have lights on the dash unless you push the locker button on the OE switch. I'm sure they'll blink if you hit them and they aren't connected at the housing/diff.

Marcus

post #18 of 21 Old 11-13-2013, 04:28 AM
Rock God

You won't have lights on the dash when the lockers are gone. I would second the suggestion for manual toggle valves for the air lockers. I did the toggle switches from powertank and have been very happy. It is nice to know when you are locked/unlocked and hear the "whoosh" when you unlock. As a bonus, it take electricity out of the locker activation.

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #19 of 21 Old 11-13-2013, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ok I took it wrong,

I apologize if you were not being a smart ass.

Thanks
post #20 of 21 Old 11-13-2013, 01:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Ok I took it wrong,

I apologize if you were not being a smart ass.

Thanks
Oh, I WAS being a smart ass. I just wasn't directing it at your personally. I was directing it at the people that rely on those lights...

Quote:

post #21 of 21 Old 11-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Oh, I WAS being a smart ass. I just wasn't directing it at your personally. I was directing it at the people that rely on those lights...
Light is not necessary but it is ok feedback . I can feel the difference. Other than that a switch would be better. I have the trail dash by superchips but I don't like that for when turning it on. There is a screen that comes on to notify you that you turned on your locker. It's annoying.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode