Synergy Draglink Flip - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Synergy Draglink Flip

Can't seem to find it anywhere other than just someone mentioning it in a thread. Are you supposed to use a stock pitman arm with the Synergy draglink flip. I have a drop arm on now and the angles are out when I bolt into the Artec truss bracket. Bought a new pitman arm and it looks like it would bring it up enough. Right now the draglink is adjusted almost all the way in, short, to centre the steering wheel.

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-10-2013, 09:21 AM
JKO Addict!

You'll need a stock pitman arm to be able to use a drag link flip. Unless you have a significantly raised axle track bar mount at the axle [much more than that Artec].

Are you using both sides of the drag link for adjustment? Are you sure your steering wheel isn't off when you took the pitman arm off. If it's rotated, expect a torn up clockspring too if you don't remove it before figuring out if it turns equally side to side.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks, I thought the pitman arm was too low.

Funny, I did break a clockspring when I had the body off. I made sure the steering wheel wouldn't turn but had the shaft off also. When you have a JK body in the air everyone seems to grab the pitman arm and twist it for some reason. Of course I lined it up wrong with all the stuff I'd been doing and when I was checking the stops I heard a twang. Knew exactly what it was when I heard it, $400 mistake.

Thanks, gonna try to swap those over.
Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Rock God

I just installed the Synergy Drag Link flip kit and TB relocation bracket AND the track bar frame-side brace.

Follow the instructions, and retorque the bolts after 100 miles. I went underneath yesterday, and sure enough, a couple of bolts needed more tightening after a 400 miles drive.

BTW, the kit is well worth the money! One-finger steering now. No more "drives like a boat" feeling.

2008 JK Rubi on big tires and stuff, RIPP supercharger.
Various dents and scratches.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-10-2013, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yea I put in the new balljoints too, front end feels solid now I just didn't like how it lined up and was expecting really bad bump steer or even worse.....Death Wobble. Had it before in my TJ doing 65 mph and my buddy was going to walk home.

Sean
post #6 of 9 Old 11-10-2013, 04:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
I just installed the Synergy Drag Link flip kit and TB relocation bracket AND the track bar frame-side brace.

Follow the instructions, and retorque the bolts after 100 miles. I went underneath yesterday, and sure enough, a couple of bolts needed more tightening after a 400 miles drive.

BTW, the kit is well worth the money! One-finger steering now. No more "drives like a boat" feeling.
Agree, I love the synergy setup. Do you have the sector shaft brace brace as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #7 of 9 Old 11-10-2013, 09:39 PM
JKO Addict!

As noted, you have to ditch the drop pitman to make the drag link work. You want the axle side trackp bar raise, too. Synergy's kit is as good as any out there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Rock God

No, I did not buy the sector shaft brace. Did some research and many people running larger tires than I (37's), did not recommend it.

I actually had to cut off a part of the track bar brace (the part that has a hole for the sector shaft brace) because it interfered with the DS sway bar link.

2008 JK Rubi on big tires and stuff, RIPP supercharger.
Various dents and scratches.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Stock pitman arm was the answer, thanks for the input angles look perfect now and drives awesome.......now I gotta find my vacuum leak....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode