Mall Crawler Help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Mall Crawler Help

Hi, new to the forum, been a lurker for awhile. I really enjoy what I have learned. I just got a new job. Planning on buying a new jk unlimited rubicon, with my parents financial help of course. I just want to build a jeep how I want it. I probably won't hit very much dirt, mostly pavement. But I love the look of 38s and I really love the look of 40s! If I could run 40's on the Dana 44s I will, is that possible? Or what do they require along the lines of being "built up"? Also, how much lift would I need, I want to keep the stock fenders because I like the way they look with the addictive desert designs stealth fighter bumper with the side covers. I'll also be getting the ADD side steps and rear bumper with tire mount. But that's the easy stuff. I'll probably supercharge it on e I can afford it. Hopefully someday after I finish school, and I enlist I will be able to Afford a hemi or cummins swap. Who knows? Lol but back to the pentistar, what else should I need? Sorry for being such a noobie. And please don't hate on me wanting a mall crawler. It's my money, so who cares. It will put a smile on my face. And the girls too! thanks for any input y'all might have. I appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelociRaptorr View Post
Hi, new to the forum, been a lurker for awhile. I really enjoy what I have learned. I just got a new job. Planning on buying a new jk unlimited rubicon, with my parents financial help of course. I just want to build a jeep how I want it. I probably won't hit very much dirt, mostly pavement. But I love the look of 38s and I really love the look of 40s! If I could run 40's on the Dana 44s I will, is that possible? Or what do they require along the lines of being "built up"? Also, how much lift would I need, I want to keep the stock fenders because I like the way they look with the addictive desert designs stealth fighter bumper with the side covers. I'll also be getting the ADD side steps and rear bumper with tire mount. But that's the easy stuff. I'll probably supercharge it on e I can afford it. Hopefully someday after I finish school, and I enlist I will be able to Afford a hemi or cummins swap. Who knows? Lol but back to the pentistar, what else should I need? Sorry for being such a noobie. And please don't hate on me wanting a mall crawler. It's my money, so who cares. It will put a smile on my face. And the girls too! thanks for any input y'all might have. I appreciate it
Please don't take offense, but...

You are looking at doing a HELL of a lot to a rig that you don't even own yet. Always cool to be proactive although I personally think that you are in no way ready to consider 40's on your soon-to-be JKU Rubicon. CAN all of this that you are asking about be done? Sure.. with some modifications and a big hit to the wallet ( if done correctly). But SHOULD you? I sure as hell don't think so.

My advice?

Fuck chicks that wanna ride in your Jeep or on your dick just because you're driving something lifted on 40's. They rarely swallow anyway. A true Jeep-chick would be SO much more awesome... BUT you have to be a true Jeep-guy and you are FAR from that at this point.

IF you are able to secure this vehicle for yourself... a brand spanking new Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon Edition, then at that point... DAMN! Sure... Drive it all around the mall while cranking up some kinda hip-hop "look at me and my sunglasses and you better know that I am wearing shoes and underwear that fucking Michael Jordan himself would be jealous of" shit. But seriously... don't.

Take this Jeep and appreciate the hell out of the fact that you have such a great platform to work with. Drive it... Hell, drive the FUCK out of it. Meet some other true Jeepers in your area and maybe even attend a meet-n-greet. Take that Jeep off-road... I mean it's a fucking Rubicon. Get if dirty as shit. See how it feels to wind up crawling over boulders and through mud and pure nature ( legally of course). Learn more about the Jeep and about the lifestyle. Continue to research lifts, tires, etc while you continue to enjoy the Jeep pure-ass stock.

At that point you may decide that you really DO just want to have a pimped-out poser looking rig that all the stuck-up bitches and bar skanks will flock to as you pull up at the frat-parties and local cool-scene hangouts, but don't even think about that shit yet and at MOST... don't just decide to throw a set of 40's ( that would be 4-DEEZ if I was cool) under that rig and go on your merry way.

I would get that bitch paid off or paid down and then begin looking at maybe doing some mild mods... nice set of wheels ( non-pimp/ non-wanna be rich-kid/ non-wanna be Anglo American gangsta), a decent but mild lift, and some nice AT's or MT's in a 35" to 37" size.

Tons of shit out there to choose from as far as tires, wheels, lifts, etc... but do it smart and don't jump the gun. Enjoy your Jeep and learn about it. Most important thing in your life should be the MAD respect that you better damn well have towards your parents for helping you out with this... as well as your education, your enlistment, and your future. Take small steps, man. Don't make expensive mistakes, and don't wind up with a shit-brick that you hate to drive because it's half-finished, sucks down CRAZY gas, and feels weird or scary to drive above 45mph on the highway. Oh yea... hot chicks HATE to die too, so watch out for DW.

Good luck and welcome aboard. Post pics of your JK when you get it.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 05:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Planning on buying a new jk unlimited rubicon, with my parents financial help of course.t

I think we're done here. I agree with whatever the guy above me said

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Goodysgotacuda; 11-10-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 06:06 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Why waste the fucking money on a Rubi for a mall crawler. Just get a sport. This has bad written all over it. Poor jeep. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #5 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Rock God

Listen to Stub. The man knows what he is talking about.

And since when are jacked up trucks/jeeps with 37's on 20 inch chrome rims the new fad?
post #6 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 07:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Jesus guys, cut the guy some slack man. Fuck Stub, you can be downright mean sometimes you know...

And with that said, dude, you have Hummer written all over your face man. Load that pimple mobile up with all the bling daddy's credit card will handle and you'll have all the skank loser bitches you can handle, which frankly won't be many if daddy got his name and insurance on your ride. Oh and don't think for a minute while your in begging daddy for $20 to cover gas tonight that she ain't flipping through the glovebox to see who's dick she gonna suck to get her foot in the financial door.

Best word of advice guy; don't get a jeep. Seriously, don't do it please!

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #7 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Rock God

Ever so eloquent like usual Murray

post #8 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Rock God

Don't forget the Rockstars....

You're probably a decent dude but I really don't give a shit. Stop being a poser, nobody likes those.
post #9 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Öand welcome to the forum.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #10 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 08:56 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

And again for those that missed it the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #11 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Rock God

Quote:
I call BS. This is some kid from the ATV forums that got bored because the ATV forums are dead now a days.

2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon; 35s - no lift, Warn 9.5 XP-S, ARB Twin Air, SPOD
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (wife's Jeep)
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4; 6.7 CTD, Aisen, AEV Prospector conversion; 37s, 4.10s, Warn 16.5K
post #12 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

I appreciate some of the replys, others not do much. I understand what you mean by learning to love the jeep first . And and when I said my parents financial support, that's just to co-sign. Because what bank in the world is gonna let a high school kid take out a 40k dollar loan. I'll be making all the payments myself. And paying for insurance. Idk some people had to be rude. I don't tell anyone else how to live their lives. So why criticize my choices? If this is the kind of community this forum is I might as well just delete my account now. I'm just trying to get my homework done before I do make costly mistakes! And I never said 40s were set in stone. I actually liked 38s a whole lot too! I live in west Texas. We also have a ranch. I have all the opportunity in the world to go off-road as I please. My best friend has a baja ford raptor for crying out loud that we romp every weekend. The only reason I said I wouldn't off-road in my future jeep was because I didn't wanna risk breaking the Dana 44s turning those 40s. If I had Dana 60's I would bog that b***h down. But if I can make a mean ass jeep with 38's that is off-road worth, then that's what I'll do. I like the extra wideness that 38s have. How do Dana 44s handle 38s? Off-road that is..?
post #13 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Rock God

Well if its the wideness your looking at why 38s? Why not 37x13.50? Much cheaper than a 38 and more common.

As far as the community goes, these boys and some ladies don't sugar coat it. They call it like they see it. But they are extremely informative and some are fairly right in there information and assessments. Its life kid, get thick skin and just take it as words and learn from them. Sticks and stones you know.

Anyone can take a jeep slap 38's or 40's on it but you will not do yourself or the jeep justice and probably fork more out of your wallet if you don't do it right from the get go. So do your research, have honest dialogue with the assholes and I guarantee you will be better off in the long run.

post #14 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

So besides learning to love the jeep first. What's the best way to make a trail ready jk with 38s or 40s? Lift size and choice of suspension? With stock fenders tho! Hey guys. I'm just doing my homework. No money has been spent yet! I'm just trying to get some background info before I dive in! And I'm no stranger to off-road. We used to have a 89 ram charger with a 440 at the ranch jacked up like 6 or 8 inches sitting on pretty 37s. Till my grandpa sold it :/ lol we'll anyways. Any input is appreciated. Even if it's negative. Cheers!
post #15 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Rock God

The level of knowledge available and the level of sugar coat are inversely related. If you want a lot of sugar coating go to wranglerforum.com. The problem is 99% of the users are on Lloyd and Harry's level.

Have fun kid. I'm not gonna be that guy to give you financial advice but if you're able to afford payments on a $40k Jeep while in high school, not bad.

Protip: Learn how to research. You're asking noob questions that have been asked millions of times.
post #16 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Granite Guru

Welcome to the forum. And enjoy your flaming.

post #17 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 10:23 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Just going to leave this here as a lesson -

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120921

you will enjoy your time here and the Jeep much more after reading it.. not to mention, there isnt a better place to get actual JK tech than here so don't leave.

however, if you are of the camp, that thinks we don't like 20's or rockstars because we cant afford them, then maybe another forum is more suited for you.

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #18 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Lol I think rock stars are overrated pos wheels that all the homosexuals at my school drive with their gay lifted v6 2wd dodges. So they obviously won't be going on my jeep. I'm thinking a set of fuels would be nice tho! Bead lock capable of course! 4.5 back spacing, and a 1.75 spacer should go good with a set of 38x14.5 sitting under a RK 3.5 xfactor mid arm.? Fully built dana 44s? Keep it wide and with a low center of gravity! F**k the mall crawler idea now! I want a rockcrawler! I'm really starting to like this forum!
post #19 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Rock God

Just do 3-3.5" BS. Don't use the spacers unless you have to. 3.5 RK is a good lift, but might need to look into flat fenders for the 38's and some pinch seam trimming. And for the axles look into Artec it'll get you set up nicely in reinforcing as well as some RCV axle shafts.

post #20 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Lol I think rock stars are overrated pos wheels that all the homosexuals at my school drive with their gay lifted v6 2wd dodges. So they obviously won't be going on my jeep. I'm thinking a set of fuels would be nice tho! Bead lock capable of course! 4.5 back spacing, and a 1.75 spacer should go good with a set of 38x14.5 sitting under a RK 3.5 xfactor mid arm.? Fully built dana 44s? Keep it wide and with a low center of gravity! F**k the mall crawler idea now! I want a rockcrawler! I'm really starting to like this forum!
Oh Good Lord... Dave???

I need to check IP.

Can't wait to check this one out when I get back here tonight... lol.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #21 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 11:00 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I want this, no I want this, oh wait, I want that, Texas, high school & 40k budget...we better get tight with this guy cause he's on the road to being a future politician fo sho...

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
post #22 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 11:07 AM
JKO Addict!

You will fit in better on WF , those guys can tell you exactly how to go about pimping your ride to run 40's

Last edited by jaker; 11-10-2013 at 11:44 AM.
post #23 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Rock God

You'd be better off looking at the Draken 8" kit. That'll allow you to run 40"s on stock fenders.
They make nice shit and bitches are gonna luv the monster truck look.
Don't bother spending more money on a Rubicon, buy a sport and put rubicon stickers on it. The Dana 30 can handle 40's just fine. Plus the 3.6 is so much better than the 3.8 you won't even need to regear.
post #24 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 11:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Ludski, is that you?

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #25 of 70 Old 11-10-2013, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Lol! S**t can the mall crawler. I wanna off road now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode