Superchips flashpaq install help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-31-2013, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Superchips flashpaq install help

About at my wits end. Purchased a Superchips Flashpaq 3870 for my JK (2012, which it now supports). Have tried installing the software and drivers on 3 different machines, but failed.

Computer1 - small Gateway laptop. Driver installs, but Spark software after install and update ends up with a black screen instead of the screen where you put all your info (name, vehicle, programmer, etc). I can tell there are fields there to fill out by scrolling my arrow around, but just cant see the fields to be able to fill them out. Have reinstalled no less than 10 times, have restored my computer to earlier restore points, etc - black scree.

Computer 2 - older Dell laptop - Spark software loads fine and lets me input all my data. However, cannot get the driver to load - automatically, through the web, or by finding and running the DPINST.exe file in the Powertech drivers folder. It loads the CDM driver, but not the programmer driver - whether or not the programmer is plugged in. Turned off firewalls, etc.

Computer 3 - purchased a Mac Book Pro, installed Parallels, and installed Windows 7. Just like computer 2, Spark software loaded fine under Windows, but I can't get the driver to load - automatically, via web, or by finding and running the DPINST.exe file.

Have tried contacting Powertech, but no response as of yet.

Any ideas how to get this going?

Thanks for any help.

Mark

Mark
2012 2dr Rubicon, OME Long Travel, Rockhard skids, Nitto Trail Grappler 37's on Hutchinson Rock Monsters, White Knuckle sliders, Wurx Aggression bumpers, Rough Country winch, OR-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Wheeler

Very strange.
I was able to download and install spark without issue.
I DID however run into an issue yesterday trying to update to the latest program. But after a couple attempts (6 to be exact) I was finally able to get it updated.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-01-2013, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

The folks at Superchips got back to me and believe it may be something faulty in the USB portion of the unit and have shipped another unit to me. I hope this will solve it. Good customer support. Now if they'll just come out with a Mac version of Spark!

Mark
2012 2dr Rubicon, OME Long Travel, Rockhard skids, Nitto Trail Grappler 37's on Hutchinson Rock Monsters, White Knuckle sliders, Wurx Aggression bumpers, Rough Country winch, OR-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-14-2014, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Just following up, no luck with the new unit they shipped me. Same problem. Guess you have to have a big honkin' dinosaur desktop Windows based PC to make these things work. Frustrating!

Anyone with a Windows-based PC want to buy a brand new unit relatively cheap?

Mark

Mark
post #5 of 8 Old 01-15-2014, 05:14 AM
Wheeler

how much?
post #6 of 8 Old 01-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbxr400 View Post

Anyone with a Windows-based PC want to buy a brand new unit relatively cheap?

Mark
Superchips has a 30 return policy if you are not happy. I will say I have issues with my 3870. TPMS not accepting my input. Also, after setting a new tire size to recalibrate the speedometer, it reads high. If I were you I'd return the unit. Superchips is having problems right now and aren't able to resolve too many. For sure some are happy customers, but I have no confidence.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
post #7 of 8 Old 01-15-2014, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks Ratchettt. I've had the unit for a couple of months, outside of the 30 days. Just sold it.

Mark
post #8 of 8 Old 05-11-2014, 07:02 PM

I just purchased a 3870 Flashpak used online, I was having an issue at first. I have Windows 7, boot camp on a Mac, I could not get the driver to load. I performed the windows updates (yeah I don't use Windows much), restarted, and still the driver would not install. I pulled all of the USB devices off...poof it installed. Just wanted to let everyone know maybe this is the fix...maybe? It worked for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode