15"s on one ton axles??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-24-2013, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

15"s on one ton axles???

I am currently running 15x8 on my stock axles and I'm now doing the leg work on a one ton swap. I'm wondering if I can just get new wheels so I can still run my tires once I do the swap. The axle combination that I'm looking at now is a ford hp dana60 kingpin front and a factory disc 14bolt rear. I don't think I'll have a problem in the front but the back has me concerned. Anybody have any experience or knowledge on this??? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-24-2013, 09:05 AM
JKO Addict!

You are not going to be able to use a jk 5x5 on tons. I seriously doubt you will fit a 15" wheel around the brakes either.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Rock God

I'm running H1s with 3.5 BS and it just clears the sterling 10.5/60 axles. I would check on pirate4x4, seems like I've seen a chart somewhere saying what size wheels would fit different axles. You can also check out BillaVista's articles under the tech section over there. His got some really good write ups on just about everything offroad, I know there's an article on those axles.

"I used CAD. Cardboard aided design... "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Rock God

They would probably work, but you will need to have a low backspace and do a lot of grinding on the calibers. It would also depend on the wheels you choose. I just measured my 17's and there is 13/16" space between the caliber and 17" Racelines. So you would need to grind at least 1/4" to 5/16"...

STOMPER Off-Road
post #5 of 7 Old 10-25-2013, 05:22 AM
Wheeler

Sumner Machine Works http://www.sumnermachine.com/ has a disk break bracket to run the 3/4 ton breaks on the front 60. They clear the 15" wheel just fine and use Dana 44 rotors and callipers (Cheap parts).

2009 JKU Black
4.88 gears, Synergy Sleeves, Gussetts, LCA Skids, and Drag Link Flip, B&M trans cooler, Diablo Sport Programmer, K&N drop in filter, Magna Flow Exhaust, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, 2" Spacer Lift, Flat Flares, 35x12.50x15 Cooper SST MT's on Black Steelies, RC Winch Bumper, Smitty Built XRC8 Winch.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Granite Guru

Like posted,
You can run 15's with the 1 ton brakes, however, it requires a good bit of grinding.
You can also swap over to half ton calipers with brackets and rotors pretty easy and they work fine with the 15's.

If your going over a 35, your tire selection will be limited with a 15 however.

There are a couple companies making 37x15 tires but I wouldn't call them ideal DD candidates by any stretch.

Click the sig for everything you need to build a JEEP... 805-706-0232
NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY !!!

----> Click and download the new catalog!!!

post #7 of 7 Old 10-27-2013, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks for the info. I was planing on running 38.5 and I would like to run re-centered H1s but I wanted to see if I could run the tires I have now till I can get the new ones. Thanks again for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode