Rough Country 1.25" BL Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-23-2013, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rough Country 1.25" BL Install

I know I'll probably get flamed for adding a body lift but I needed a little more clearance for my new 38ís. I had already trimmed the pinch seam off the back fender, was hitting the grill on the front at full stuff/full lock, and I didnít want to add more bump stop. So, I decided a body lift was a cheap and easy solution.

I ordered the 1.25Ē RC kit off of Amazon (FYI, RC doesnít offer free shipping with Amazon PrimeÖ) and although the box showed up completely destroyed and taped back together (not RCís fault) nothing was missing.

The instructions were clear and complete. I followed them pretty much word-for-word on the first side and didnít need them by the time I got to the other side. It took me and a buddy (he wasnít very mechanically inclined) right at two and a half hours to get it completed. The only some-what special tool needed is a 16mm socket. I had to search through three different socket sets before I finally found one in my impact set Ė evidently, thatís not a common size. Itíd really suck if you were already to get started only to figure out your handy-dandy Craftsman set doesnít have that sizeÖ

Overall, Iím impressed with the kit (although itíd be hard not to be impressed with a bunch of injected plastic). It was as easy to install as the instructions said it would be. If you need just a little extra lift it might be worth considering. Sorry, no pics.

2009 Silver Unlimited Rubicon -- Not really stock, anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Same kit is on mine, body lifts aren't terrible if you take advantage of the extra clearance. Playing with bump stops, shock mounts, I moved my gas tank up 1", etc.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Wheeler

glad you like it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-01-2013, 01:54 PM

can anyone verify that the 1.25BL will work in conjunction with ace sliders?

god bless.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Granite Guru

I have the same body lift and love it , here is a thread I made when making ace sliders work with the lift hope it helps

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modif...d-help-196474/

2010 rubicon. 3.5 rk lift. 37,s. 6.2 Ls3.

Last edited by greenenvey; 11-01-2013 at 02:20 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-05-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenenvey View Post
I have the same body lift and love it , here is a thread I made when making ace sliders work with the lift hope it helps

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modif...d-help-196474/
i see and understand your problem, what was your final solution? i want the teraflex 1.25BL but not at the risk of losing my ace sliders. thank you!

god bless.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
i see and understand your problem, what was your final solution? i want the teraflex 1.25BL but not at the risk of losing my ace sliders. thank you!

god bless.
Hi I ended up getting longer body mount bolts and had to grind a little off of the spring perch to get mine to set flush.. they never seemed quite right to me there was just to much flex in the rails after I was done. It's been so long since I installed them I can't remember all the problems I was having but if I remember right if I would have used shorter bolts on the body lift spacers and not the ones that came with it it would have worked out

2010 rubicon. 3.5 rk lift. 37,s. 6.2 Ls3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode