New Hidden Airline - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-20-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

New Hidden Airline

Just a little project I got done in a couple of hours. Trying to figure out where to mount my air coupler so I bought a couple of fuel doors, one for fuel the other for air.

I took apart the door and got some longer s/s screws, cut a hole in my jeep and mounted it to the other side. Purely out of dumb luck there is another panel inside the fender with a hole the exact size of an air coupler so I didn't even need to make a bracket. I cut the ring off my original gas spout to put between the body and the fuel door and now it looks like it came that way.

New to Dropbox so I'll see if this works. What do ya think?

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/k4d7a3qb2bztdce/jj-r2ouls5

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/efbgkem3v52oion/ZSNtAp25QG

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4i7yv88ktsx21nk/uDcDxIHr8l

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-20-2013, 06:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I like. I might have to steal that idea. Any before pics of what the mounting location looked like before you installed it? Where does the line run to access that point from behind?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-20-2013, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I didn't want to run the plasma cutter on new paint and my air shears didn't work so great either so I just drilled a bunch of holes, cut with tin snips and smoothed it out with a die grinder. You can access it from the tail light hole and I ran mine to a quick connect coupler all the way under the hood to the compressor. I drilled two mounting hole and tightened it down with the plastic ring from the original fuel spout in place before I drilled the other holes.

I'll be getting an air tank so I just put a coupler on my compressor as well. I wrapped a regular low temp air hose in split loom and ran it out the bottom of the fender well through the foam, along the frame, up the front inner fender well into the engine bay to the compressor. Used a 20' flexible hose with not much to spare. I think it will be fine with the thick rubber and split loom.

I tried to match the position of the other side fuel door and the hole is dead center.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5kbcd2cc71vlfof/eCzM76jGKN

Sean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Rock God

Oh snap! Very clean install. May copy that for my LJ build. Very well done.

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-20-2013, 08:35 PM

Awesome!!!!!! Now ya got me thinking!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 7 Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Rock God

Nice work. It looks far better than that guy that had like a 12 port manifold hanging off the side of his Jeep.

2007 Sahara Unlimited - Dana 60/14 Bolt - 5.38's with ARBs - 40x13.50x17 Goodyear MTRs - 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Plus - Rubi Rock Rails - XRC 10,000lb Winch
post #7 of 7 Old 10-21-2013, 08:00 AM
JKO Addict!

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about chartering a plane from the jungles outside of Bogota to fly you in low onto a Bahamian atoll where a boat is waiting to take you to Miami.

Ummm, I've heard of those hidden airlines, yeah.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode