Opinions/Suggestions:Vendors Welcome - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Opinions/Suggestions:Vendors Welcome

I have a 2012 JKU. I bought it last year brand new from the stealership. It came with a Rusty's 3 1/2 lift ( I know, I know), 35" Mickey's & 20" XD's. It does have a Rusty's track bar. It is a daily driver & has about 7100 miles on it. Just dropped it off at the stealership yesterday for a new left rear brake line ( rubbing on shock, no problem) & also for the DW. They said they are replacing the steering stabilizer (as usual) because it was leaking ( here we go). That DW was throwing me all over the road. It only happened at speeds under 40 mph & on the same bumps that I hit daily.
I am going start by replacing the upper & lower CA's, tie rod, drag link. Should I replace the sway bars & links (bushings are good) while I am at it? The links are Rustys. I will check the track bar bolt holes and the rest of the bushings when I get it back along with any play with the components. I have read Planmans & other write up's and got the basics. I have all the tools needed & can do the work myself.
Which brands & vendors do you guy's recommend? Vendor's please chime in. I am on a tight budget. Can't do much wheeling since I have had 3 back surgeries & a possible fusion on the way.

Semper Fi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I see absolutely no reason to replace the sway-bars or links. Make sure that the front links are the correct length to keep the sway-bar as level as possible, but no reason whatsoever to replace those components.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 3 Old 10-15-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks. Vendors, any deals???

Semper Fi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode