Price range for lift - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Price range for lift

Hey guys. I just bought a '14 Wrangler unlimited and want to lift it. I want to go 4", eventually I'm going to put 35s or 37s on it. I was talking with the dealer who said if I go through them to put the lift on, everything will still be covered under the warranty.

Question is...

How much SHOULD I be paying for a 4" Zone lift installed? Just want to be sure its worth it to keep the warranty on the suspension. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 04:26 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by x19delta View Post
Hey guys. I just bought a '14 Wrangler unlimited and want to lift it. I want to go 4", eventually I'm going to put 35s or 37s on it. I was talking with the dealer who said if I go through them to put the lift on, everything will still be covered under the warranty.

Question is...

How much SHOULD I be paying for a 4" Zone lift installed? Just want to be sure its worth it to keep the warranty on the suspension. Thanks!
I was under the impression that they would only warranty the Mopar lifts that are re-labeled TeraFlex kits. Those are nice systems, but a few thousand dollars you'll pay.

I would do some research and figure out exactly what you want to do with that Jeep before you let the dealership / anyone talk you into a certain system. You need to know WHAT you're buying to have a true understanding of the value.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Rock God

You shouldn't pay anything for a 4" zone lift. Its not very complete for how tall it is. At that high you need to be looking at adjustable control arms as well as steering correction.

Them saying you'll keep your factory warranty is plain bullshit. The factory warranty covers the vehicle how it left the factory, not anything the dealership adds. What you'll get though is a warranty on THEIR work. Any reputable shop should also warranty the work they do. Plus, you can pick a better company.

The search button is your friend. Just read before making decisions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Granite Guru

Magnuson Moss Act since you have manufacturer warranty. I agree about not going with zone, but that is my opinion. Best advice you will ever get is wheel it stock and figure out what you need/want.
post #5 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys!

I'm looking to spend about $1500 or so on a lift. I guess I just want 35s under it. What's the best bang for the buck? Most complete?
post #6 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Rock God

flat fenders and maybe a 2'' spacer... tires are going to cost your 1500

Texas Complete Truck Center
5670 S Interstate 35
New Braunfels, Texas
(210) 412-6379

post #7 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 08:23 PM
V8 dreams

I'd look at a nice 2.5-3" lift and have ya a little wrenching party. Get ya a little more quality lift and know which parts you may or may not be breaking one day lol.

2010 Silver JKU
post #8 of 17 Old 10-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

You can fit 35's on stock suspension with trimmed flares ($0) or flat fenders ($650 and up), and appropriate bump stops ($40-80).

You can also fit 35's on the stock suspension with a 2.5" Budget Boost (used for ~$200, new $300 and up) which can easily be installed in your driveway.

So if you just want to "fit" 35's there's inexpensive ways to accomplish that.

The real question is what and where do you want to wheel?

As for Zone and the warranty issues, Chrysler Corp won't warranty third-party parts, though your dealer might. Zone is not considered one of the better lift product manufacturers. But it depends on where and how you want to wheel.

I'm a JKO Reject
post #9 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
You can fit 35's on stock suspension with trimmed flares ($0) or flat fenders ($650 and up), and appropriate bump stops ($40-80).

You can also fit 35's on the stock suspension with a 2.5" Budget Boost (used for ~$200, new $300 and up) which can easily be installed in your driveway.

So if you just want to "fit" 35's there's inexpensive ways to accomplish that.

The real question is what and where do you want to wheel?

As for Zone and the warranty issues, Chrysler Corp won't warranty third-party parts, though your dealer might. Zone is not considered one of the better lift product manufacturers. But it depends on where and how you want to wheel.
I'm mainly driving short distances on hardtop but want to trail ride and do a little rockin occasionally. I'm not looking to just "fit" 35s. I want a descent quality ride. Sounds like zone won't give me that anyways so I guess I'll be looking at another brand. Still open to suggestions in my price range.

Ty for the info so far everyone!
post #10 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If that 1500 is just for lift id look at the 2.5" flex from rock krawler and then look for good used shocks ( i picked up a set of fox for $200) dont skimp on the shocks, i awlays thought that cheap was fine untill i got a good set and it makes such a huge difference in ride quality. you dont need a 4" lift for 35's at all. i ran them with a 2" spacer and stock flares. Or keep an eye on the cassifieds here and you may find a good used kit for cheap.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #11 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 08:32 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
If that 1500 is just for lift id look at the 2.5" flex from rock krawler and then look for good used shocks ( i picked up a set of fox for $200) dont skimp on the shocks, i awlays thought that cheap was fine untill i got a good set and it makes such a huge difference in ride quality. you dont need a 4" lift for 35's at all. i ran them with a 2" spacer and stock flares. Or keep an eye on the cassifieds here and you may find a good used kit for cheap.
If you are interested in our products, we agree with the minimum of starting with the 2.5" flex system and moving up from there! The system provides you with the adjustable front track bar to properly center the axle side to side, high clearance front lower control arms to increase your caster so the tracking of the vehicle stays on point, front SS brake lines for a firmer brake peddle, front sway bar discos/extended sway bar links, rear track bar relocation bracket to properly center the rear axle and improve the rear roll center, triple rate front coils and smooth riding rear coils. If you pair it up with some good bilstein 5100's or our RRD Racing Shocks, you will have a nice riding, nice handling JK, that is very capable off-road. This package is very easily upgraded as well to a 2.5" X Factor so if you ever want to jump to 37's and flat fenders, you will be good to make that leap without loosing anything!

Good luck with your build!

RK
post #12 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

Listen to these guys. The Zone lift is crap and you don't need 4" to run 35's. I had a Teraflex 2.5" with 35's and wheeled my shit. I then went a little higher to 3.5" and needed adjustable control arms and Adams Driveshafts.

There are plenty of guys that wheel with a 2.5" budget boost. Or take a look at this http://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_2502_07.htm

Add some shocks and some front sway bar disconnects. I recommend calling Marcus at RCO or Jason at Krawl Offroad. They will square you away.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #13 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 08:53 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Rock Krawler took the words out of my mouth. Ha ha!

The 2.5 Flex with Bilsteins is a great kit on the four door. It will ride down the road very nice and perform offroad as you request of it too. I would also look at the 2.5 Max Travel if you're going to be on 35s for a few years. It adds the rear lowers, sway bar links, and most importantly rear brake lines to the 2.5 Flex.

If you want to go all out and do it once, you could do the 2.5 X-Factor with 35s and then if you decided to go up to 37 a all you'd need to do is replace the coils with 3.5s and adjust your control arms and track bars accordingly.

Check out the "Package Deals" section on my website for pricing. All of the prices include a set of Bilstein 5100s, but you can also upgrade to Fox, RRDs, or any other shock you like.

Feel free to PM or call me with questions!

Here is my JKU with a 2.5 Flex System and 35" Toyos on it:

3.5 X-Factor and 37" MTZs -

Added Poison Spyder flares:

Marcus

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #14 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 09:08 AM
Rock God

x19, Marcus is good people. I have never seen any posts saying he steered anyone wrong. His customer service is bar none, the best I've ever experience. Call him up, pick his brain, ask him a crap load of questions regarding your lift, components, etc. When you're done, you'll feel confident in your choice and purchase... I should know, he's taken plenty of my money

08 Unlimited: Lift, Wheels, Tires, Winch ... and an ever shrinking bank account
post #15 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 AM
Granite Guru

Bottom line, DON'T pay a dealer to install a lift. Buy your own lift, some pizza, beer and some fellow Jeepers would be more than glad to help you out. Having the lift installed at a dealer doesn't do squat for your warranty at a reputable dealer.
post #16 of 17 Old 10-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Wheeler

You can get a pretty complete lift needed to run 35s on a budget like that. 4 inches is pretty big to run 35s or 37s. I just bought a '14 off the lot two weeks ago and installed a cheap 3'' trailmaster lift and 35s last Tuesday. Just look on this forum for right ideas you will find what you are looking for.
post #17 of 17 Old 10-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Granite Guru

Mopar sells a lift, and if you call the mopar parts division, they tell you, there is no warranty on the lift or damage caused to the driveline...
I work at a dealer, spoke to our rep, and called mopar parts specifier, then spoke to a pencil pusher...
I have lifetime warranty on my powertrain, I wanted to change my ring and pinion from a 3.21 to a 4.11... I was going to buy the parts over the counter from our dealership, install them (I am driveline specialized), they will NOT warranty the parts under the lifetime powertrain warranty... they also told me, if I have 35s or bigger, and any driveline concerns , it would NOT be warranty due to "modifications" to the factory design...
So, don't allow the dealer to tell you they can warranty something, because they are held to rules of the mother company.... just saying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode