Teraflex Fox Resi front shock mounting question - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-27-2013, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Teraflex Fox Resi front shock mounting question

Have a new set of Teraflex Fox reservoirs to install, but I'm currently laid up after shoulder surgery. Right arm is mostly imobilized so I can't check this out personally. Wondering if in front I can mount the reservoirs to the shock bodies without risk of tire rub, or should I consider another mounting location? Thanks!

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Granite Guru

Depending on a lot of factors. Tire size, rim backseat and shock diameter. I run icon 2.5 on 35" tires with 4" back spacing (I think). The reservoirs are mounted in front of the shock tower due to rubbing issues.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Vin
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Have a new set of Teraflex Fox reservoirs to install, but I'm currently laid up after shoulder surgery. Right arm is mostly imobilized so I can't check this out personally. Wondering if in front I can mount the reservoirs to the shock bodies without risk of tire rub, or should I consider another mounting location? Thanks!
Feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 PM
Rock God

Mine clear even with the poly relocate kit on the front
The resi is mounted to the shock. I am running 40's
post #5 of 13 Old 09-28-2013, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thanks all. I'll probably try just mounting the resis to the bodies and cycle the axleq to see what the clearance is. Gonna be months before i can do it though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Thanks all. I'll probably try just mounting the resis to the bodies and cycle the axleq to see what the clearance is. Gonna be months before i can do it though.

I ran 37" mtr on 4" backspacing with mine, the tires would grab the body's and spin them into the coil mounts and scar them up. Get the resi mounts that Tera sales, they are cheap and easy and securely mounts the resi well out of harms way. http://www.teraflex.biz/bracket-kit-...-on-frame.html
post #7 of 13 Old 09-28-2013, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thanks, that's exactly the setup I have. I'll get those mounts.

post #8 of 13 Old 09-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Granite Guru

heres mine
post #9 of 13 Old 10-03-2013, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
heres mine
Nice! What are the details on your suspension?

post #10 of 13 Old 10-03-2013, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Following up on this one, I have the TF reservoir mounts and a set of TF limit straps on the way. Due to a bad shoulder injury, surgery last month and months of upcoming rehab I won't be able to install any of this stuff myself. I have a local outfit I'll farm it all out to. Will report when done.

post #11 of 13 Old 10-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Granite Guru

I feel for you , I also had shoulder surgery and was out of commission for quite some time . Just do what the doctor tells you .When it comes time to stretch and exercise it , don't baby it .A lot of people will not do the exercises they are supposed to do and end up having problems for life .My jk has a 6" pro comp long arm with Fox remotes . As you can see the remotes are attached to the shocks.The tires are 35 x 12.5 and the rims have 3.75 back spacing . they do not rub the shocks or remotes .It also has Rancho diff. covers front and back with Rancho lower skids on the front lower shock mounts .It also has skid plates for the engine , tranny and gas tank , all 3/16 thick.Front bumper is a Teraflex shorty with a Warn 9.5 and the rear bumper is made by Hanson with tire carrier.It is very capable and I do like the suspension and I have had it for about 4 years with no problems. I just got some new sliders custom made by LOD with a step going from wheel well to wheel well . They just arrived today and can't wait to install them . I had to get them made with no rear mount because the mount would not fit because the lower long arm is in the way . I will have to make some rear mounts for them to make them fit .

Last edited by dahreno; 10-04-2013 at 11:09 PM.
post #12 of 13 Old 10-05-2013, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Nice rig! Yes, into physical therapy now and although a bit uncomfortable at time it's progresing. Prolly will be months before I can wrench on the JK.

Did you install limit straps on your rig? Got a set from Teraflex but not sure they'll be needed.

post #13 of 13 Old 10-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Granite Guru

Didn't install limit straps on this Jeep but , will need them for my other Jeep I'm building .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode