36 x 15.5 MTZ lift size and other questions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-24-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

36 x 15.5 MTZ lift size and other questions

Been putting together my build list and I am leaning towards the MTZ's. I love how the River Raider Jeep looks with those (although his are/were 38's).

River Raider

Going to run a 16x10 wheel with 4.5 BS. I am torn between the metal cloak game changer 3.5 inch and the RK 3.5 x factor". Or should I get the RK 5.5"? Any other lifts worth mentioning? I see those 2 are all the current rave...

Ages ago I read about everyone running wheel spacers. Is that still the norm? I haven't seen any threads on those recently...

IF the 15.5" MTZ just won't (can't?) work, I think some 37x13.5" Nitto's will be my fall back choice.

Flat fenders may be down the road as well, although I like the looks of the stock fenders (call me crazy).

I will be fabbing my own bumpers and armor.

My wheeling will consist of Hollister and surrounding areas, maybe a trip to Moab one day. Not too keen on anything ultra hardcore and would like to drive it to wheeling spots. Not my DD, but don't want to make it a dedicated trail rig yet either.

Good leaders are scarce, so I am following myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Granite Guru

I may be a bit biased, but I would say check out our Stage 3 System as well. It sounds close to what you are looking for and drives great on road too. Plus, it's made right here in CA, not too far from where you're at.

As long as you're running at least a 3" lift and high fenders, you should have no problem fitting 37's. 15.5" wide tires may be pushing it a bit though, at least without wheel spacers.

Chris Steimle
Product Manager

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-25-2013, 09:16 AM
JKO Addict!

off road I would rather have the 37"x13.5" tire. Why have the extra width? That 1" of extra ground clearance may not sound like much but it will really make a difference off road. I would keep the lift under 3" as well.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 AM
JKO Addict!

I'd take a 37x10.5 if I could. No way I could or would run a 15.5" wide tire.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #5 of 7 Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 PM

Did you ever get this figured out or finished?

I'm looking at running the same size tire with a 2.5" lift and a 1.25" body lift and flat fenders
post #6 of 7 Old 10-25-2013, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcal View Post
Did you ever get this figured out or finished?

I'm looking at running the same size tire with a 2.5" lift and a 1.25" body lift and flat fenders
Still torn. Probably going to wait and see if there are any good black Friday or cyber Monday sales before I buy anything.

I am going to go with the RK 5.5 whether I go with the 36x15.5 MTZ's or the 37x13.5 Nitto's though.

I did decide on the ION Alloy 174's though since they come in 16x10. Plus I like the rock rings you can bolt on.

This guy is running 36x15.5 claws, and I really like the way it looks, so it should be doable if I stick with my original MTZ plan.

Good leaders are scarce, so I am following myself.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Rock God

So you're going for that real hardcore mall crawler look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode