JKOwners Forum banner

Lets talking backspacing...

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Got_Gun? 
#1 ·
Going to run 33's with a 1.75" lift kit. Is there a chart that I can reference?

I have been told 1.5" spacers.

What spacers is everyone using?

#7 · (Edited)
its perfectly ok for an entry level kit, but now im looking toward something else to get more flex before the front coils become unseated.

What brand space do you use? Or are the all the same?
im using motorsport tech spacers @ 2.5" wide

i have to disagree with David on this one. I bought the 1.5" spacers and wish now i would have went wider. Think about it you say you are gonna run 33's now but pretty soon you will want 35's and in my opinion 35 12.50's on stock rims with a 1.5" spacer just don't stick out far enough. Keep in mind im in georgia where it doesn't matter how far our tires stick out in regards to the law and im going purely off looks and not off of strain on components.
this is something to consider as well.

#6 ·
i have to disagree with David on this one. I bought the 1.5" spacers and wish now i would have went wider. Think about it you say you are gonna run 33's now but pretty soon you will want 35's and in my opinion 35 12.50's on stock rims with a 1.5" spacer just don't stick out far enough. Keep in mind im in georgia where it doesn't matter how far our tires stick out in regards to the law and im going purely off looks and not off of strain on components.

#9 ·
For your intended purposes and tire size, the 1.5" wheel spacers from anyone will be just fine.

Spidertrax is made in the USA if that is important to you.

Another thing to watch for is their being hub-centric. It doesn't matter so much on wheels, but it gives me a warm fuzzy about wheel spacers when they are hub centric vs lug centric.

Not trying to confuse you with more information, so I hope I didn't.

Marcus

#11 ·
Marcus. Let me see if I have this straight to make sure I am not miss anything. I need to lift the jeep to accommodate the 33" tires and space out the 15" rims with 1.5" spacers that are hub centric.

Whats the back spacing number on the back of the rim?

Can you work up a quite on rims?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.