Shaffer's Tube Fenders - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 08-15-2007, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Shaffer's Tube Fenders

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to check to see if the final design for the tube fenders was ready. Last we talked you were considering multiple sizes, led light placement and potential powder coat options. Also, when is the expected ship date for the fenders?

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 08-22-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

any update?
post #3 of 18 Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Rock God

I just ordered mine, they told me 3-5 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 08-23-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

yea, i ordered mine almost 4 weeks ago. they said 2 to 4 weeks when i placed my order. i talked to mike and he said that they were working on a few different widths, led lights and possibly a powder coater. i tried to call a couple of times to see if these issues were worked out but mike has been busy and i talked to a very sweet lady who says they were supposed to make some decisions this week. i hope they get them out soon. i need them for tellico in sept.
post #5 of 18 Old 08-27-2007, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

bump in hopes of some type of reply.
post #6 of 18 Old 08-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marionnc View Post
yea, i ordered mine almost 4 weeks ago. they said 2 to 4 weeks when i placed my order. i talked to mike and he said that they were working on a few different widths, led lights and possibly a powder coater. i tried to call a couple of times to see if these issues were worked out but mike has been busy and i talked to a very sweet lady who says they were supposed to make some decisions this week. i hope they get them out soon. i need them for tellico in sept.
We are building them 4" and 6" wide we have been working on a clean LED light setup but the powder coaters here in Carson are out of hand on price, so for know we will not have a powder coat option

We will be shipping the end of this week and all next week
post #7 of 18 Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

sounds great.. put me down for the 6 inch option!!

john owens
post #8 of 18 Old 09-10-2007, 04:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

as far as the 4 and 6" goes is the 6" equal to or narrower than the stock ones?

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #9 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 10:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

wondering if there are pics of the two options?
post #10 of 18 Old 10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Wheeler

What are the pricing options?
post #11 of 18 Old 10-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Rock God

I'm really getting dissappointed with their customer service. I ordered my fenders 2 months ago and everytime I call for a status they tell me they will ship next week. How many next weeks will there be before they ship?? They don't answer emails??? All I want is someone to say when they will ship. I don't care if it is 1 month, 2 months, just stop saying next week.
post #12 of 18 Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 PM
(510)999-7766

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn View Post
I'm really getting dissappointed with their customer service. I ordered my fenders 2 months ago and everytime I call for a status they tell me they will ship next week. How many next weeks will there be before they ship?? They don't answer emails??? All I want is someone to say when they will ship. I don't care if it is 1 month, 2 months, just stop saying next week.

Well to put some of the confusion to rest, here's a bit of information on our current JK fender situation.

We built the prototype's for jeepers jamboree, and sold quite a few sets imediatly following JJ. We had made templates of everything and were going to have the part's cut at an outside source, then assembled in house. Well after waiting for way longer than we should have, to fill current orders, we started building them in-house. We are currently building every set from scratch on Mike's JK. We're only able to get 1-2 set's a week out at this point to assure that they are the best quality possible.

So if you feel you're being jerked around, please understand we got jerked around first, and are doing everything we can in house to fill the current orders while we wait, for what we're still told will be any time now for a large run of part's to be able to keep them in stock.

We are offering refunds to anyone that doesn't feel they can wait any longer. We apologize for the delay but are doing everything we can to get your orders filled as fast as possible.
post #13 of 18 Old 10-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Wheeler

Thanks for the info. The one thnig I haven't been able to find is the all important price.

Jeep: 07 Wrangler X 2DR Black
Crime Guard Alarm with 2way pager, AFE CAI, DynaPro Exhuast
M.O.R.E. Body Lift, Source Co2 Tank, Stubbied Stock Front Bumper
KMC XD 795 Hoss Black 17" wheels and Maxxis Bighorn 305/70/17 tires
Every mod in the write up section.

Old Jeep: 04 Wrangler X Yellow Built To The Hilt For Three Great Years.

POLISH JEEP OWNERS CLUB #2
post #14 of 18 Old 10-13-2007, 01:12 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougolupski View Post
Thanks for the info. The one thnig I haven't been able to find is the all important price.
Here you go

http://shaffersoffroad.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=760
post #15 of 18 Old 10-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAFFER'S OFFROAD View Post
Well to put some of the confusion to rest, here's a bit of information on our current JK fender situation.

We built the prototype's for jeepers jamboree, and sold quite a few sets imediatly following JJ. We had made templates of everything and were going to have the part's cut at an outside source, then assembled in house. Well after waiting for way longer than we should have, to fill current orders, we started building them in-house. We are currently building every set from scratch on Mike's JK. We're only able to get 1-2 set's a week out at this point to assure that they are the best quality possible.

So if you feel you're being jerked around, please understand we got jerked around first, and are doing everything we can in house to fill the current orders while we wait, for what we're still told will be any time now for a large run of part's to be able to keep them in stock.

We are offering refunds to anyone that doesn't feel they can wait any longer. We apologize for the delay but are doing everything we can to get your orders filled as fast as possible.

That is just fine. That is all I wanted to hear, instead of every time I call and get told the end of next week. I call the next week and again I get the end of next week. I'm patiently waiting.
post #16 of 18 Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Did you guys really pay $1150 for tube fenders?
http://www.shaffersoffroad.com/shop/...roducts_id=760

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 18 Old 02-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Granite Guru

Re: JC Any plans this weekend???

Quote:
Originally Posted by marionnc View Post
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to check to see if the final design for the tube fenders was ready. Last we talked you were considering multiple sizes, led light placement and potential powder coat options. Also, when is the expected ship date for the fenders?

Thanks,
John
He drives a smart car now. We aren't even sure if he still likes bacon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jersey
Crew

post #18 of 18 Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

Shaffers Offroad is alive and well. Located in Alameda Ca.

KC

Method Motorsports

Email:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode