Rugged Ridge XHD - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-18-2008, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rugged Ridge XHD

Here are pictures. Straight from my basement! Ive used the winch on it already and had no issues either while pulling a truck out of a mud bog.

Configuration: Stubby, winch ready with Stinger

Review: The bumper has perfect fitment... I mean it was incredible. The stinger mounts to the top with 8 bolts (4 each side) and then it mounts to the front using the same holes the bumper uses to mount to the frame. First i installed the fog lights, which was snap because it has the 4 post and nuts to put them on with and they fit perfect. Then I installed my failrlead, than the winch and then I picked the bumper up (not so easy to do by yourself with a 100 lbs winch on!) and sat the hole thing on the frame rails. I bolted on the stinger on the top and ALL the holes lined up! Now the bolts going throught the bumper and frame rail (8 total) are not the easiest. Since i have an air ratchet i put it on the front and had a deepwell socket, socket extension to hold the nut behind the bumper.

Pictures: (might be a little dark so turn up the light on your monitor if need be)

And back behind the truck you can see me, the first winch action on the new bumper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-18-2008, 07:18 AM
Ipe
Rock God

Nice!

I like the flexibility of this bumper and its various options. Not sure the stinger option is for me but it looks really good nonetheless!
post #3 of 15 Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Granite Guru

I really like this bumper! Do you happen to know if it works with Superwinch winches? Also, are the endcaps metal? How are they attached? Finally any pics directly from the side would be appreciated!

07 Jeep Green Rubi Unlimited, auto
Mods: Tuffy Cubby Storage Cover, Rugged Ridge grab handles, Shrockworks Sliders, Rock Hard Engine / Gas Tank Skids, Rhino-lined tub, Kilby Evap Can Relocation Kit, 16x8 Centerline Wilderness Series - Falcon Rims, 285/75/16 Interco SSRs, OME 2" HD Lift, PSC Diff Covers, Superwinch EPi 9.0, BulldogFab Rear Bumper, RedrockFab Front Bumper and skid

Last edited by cab76; 01-19-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Wheeler

Congrats on the GMC recovery!

HMMMMM... It looks like someone else was pulling in the opposite direction. Did you pull them both out? Hope the GMC got his bumper ironed out alright... HeHe

'08 Steel Blue 2D Rubicon, AT, Power group, Freedom top.
post #5 of 15 Old 01-18-2008, 04:38 PM

Question

you mentioned you installed the winch, then the bumper. Can the winch be installed once the bumper is mounted or does it need to be installed with the bumper off?
thanks
post #6 of 15 Old 01-18-2008, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

alright ill try and get all the questions in one post.

-I am pretty sure it will work with the Superwinch. It works with my SI9500 and its a big as winch (width) and they have the PowerPlant on their 4dr JK. I know it comes with option spacers to space the winch up some to give more drum clearance. I think they used it for the PowerPlant.

-The end caps are steel, the bolt on the ends with 3 large bolts.

-I pulled the GMC out while i was behind him. I had to strap to the front of an F250 because the ground was wet and the overall weight/force the GMC had was pulling my little Jeep.

-You can install the winch later but it will be a little harder to but it can be done. You must put the fairlead on first before the winch though and then feed the wire through the fairlead and then set the winch down so having 2 people would be idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
post #7 of 15 Old 01-20-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

as requested by members

2006 LJ - current
post #8 of 15 Old 01-21-2008, 08:55 AM
JR
Rock God

FYI, these should fit all winches. The powerplant does require extension brackets though.

Should be the 10th listing on this page.
http://www.rjroffroad.com/Rugged-Rid...ems-c-567.html

Jason from RJR Off-Road

coupon code = JKOWNERS
post #9 of 15 Old 01-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
as requested by members

Looks great. Thanks for the photos. I know you don't have a Rubi, but any idea if they offer a swaybar disco skid that will work with this?

07 Jeep Green Rubi Unlimited, auto
Mods: Tuffy Cubby Storage Cover, Rugged Ridge grab handles, Shrockworks Sliders, Rock Hard Engine / Gas Tank Skids, Rhino-lined tub, Kilby Evap Can Relocation Kit, 16x8 Centerline Wilderness Series - Falcon Rims, 285/75/16 Interco SSRs, OME 2" HD Lift, PSC Diff Covers, Superwinch EPi 9.0, BulldogFab Rear Bumper, RedrockFab Front Bumper and skid
post #10 of 15 Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

i dont think ive seen any skid plates for it yet. I dont think the Mopar one will work with it either...

2006 LJ - current
post #11 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjerm View Post
i dont think ive seen any skid plates for it yet. I dont think the Mopar one will work with it either...
I got confirmation from OMIX today that the Mopar skid will NOT work with this bumper. They did say they have a front skid in the works to protect the sway bar disco. We'll see ...

2013 Unlimited Rubicon - Billet Silver
2.5" Teraflex coil lift | 35" BFG AT KO2s | AEV Pintler Wheels - Onyx

post #12 of 15 Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 PM

XHD Bumper

yes.. good question about the skid plates... someone please post if they find anything about rugged ridge releasing a skid plate. I'm becoming a big rugged ridge fan.. anyway this was pretty easy to put on and i love the look and versatility (change to the stinger so easily)
Attached Images

Last edited by USABASEBALL22; 06-05-2008 at 08:55 PM.
post #13 of 15 Old 06-06-2008, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by USABASEBALL22 View Post
yes.. good question about the skid plates... someone please post if they find anything about rugged ridge releasing a skid plate. I'm becoming a big rugged ridge fan.. anyway this was pretty easy to put on and i love the look and versatility (change to the stinger so easily)

Yes they are working on a skid plate from what I have heard. Not sure on a release date but hopefully soon to give you Rubicon guys another option.

Man I do like the full width look. I also like the stubby and stinger I have.

2006 LJ - current
post #14 of 15 Old 06-06-2008, 04:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I have the Rugged Ridge skid plate on mine. One of the guys in my local club is the designer of these bumpers. He needed a Rubi to test fit the skid plate on and asked if they could use mine. He let me keep it after they were done. I got the final pre-release candidate about a month ago and last I heard it was ready for production.

It is very nice and will work with any bumper. I'm not allowed to show you a close-up shot, but here's one that will give you an idea.

post #15 of 15 Old 06-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I heard from OMIX a week or so ago and they said the expect this skid plate to start shipping in late summer. No mention of pricing yet. They did send me a few close-up pics ....
There is also a link to the installation instructions: http://www.omix-ada.com/instructions/18003.30.pdf

2013 Unlimited Rubicon - Billet Silver
2.5" Teraflex coil lift | 35" BFG AT KO2s | AEV Pintler Wheels - Onyx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode